Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. That low is most likely a medical condition.

Had a woman bragging to us about her husbands resting heart rate being 30. I linked her to the above and she changed it to “oh maybe it’s 60”

That‘s a bit like all the people you meet who happen to bench press well over world record numbers the second you say you compete in powerlifting lol.

Yeah. That low is most likely a medical condition.

Had a woman bragging to us about her husbands resting heart rate being 30. I linked her to the above and she changed it to “oh maybe it’s 60”
similar to short guys who try to tell you you must be taller than you are and insist they are 6' :drunk:

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think a super low resting heart rate is a good thing - just like a high resting heart rate isn’t a good thing
My heart rate dropped to 35-40 BPM after a SVT episode last year and I had to stay in hospital for hours under observation until it rose.

Back in the day cyclists on team 'supplement' programs would sleep with a heart rate monitor and if their heart rate dropped below a set limit they had to wake up and jump on an exercise bike.

thoughts on running in the smoke haze. did during the day it was quite bad a week or so again. ended up with a sore throat. pulled the plug today but there were plenty chugging around the tan earlier.

thoughts on running in the smoke haze. did during the day it was quite bad a week or so again. ended up with a sore throat. pulled the plug today but there were plenty chugging around the tan earlier.

Probably not ideal, but then again people run and play sport in areas just as polluted if not worse!

ran on saturday, definitely noticed a difference. lungs felt worse a bit quicker than normal. i think you will be fine maybe just back off 5% to what you might normally do and if you start to struggle make a call to stop or dial it down.

I went for a run last Friday and again on Sunday, i've had a bit of a sore throat the last few days. I don't think it was a coincidence,

I was outside for a couple of hours today and notice my throat a little bit.
Can't imagine being a tradie atm (or any other profession involving being outside most of your shift).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was outside for a couple of hours today and notice my throat a little bit.
Can't imagine being a tradie atm (or any other profession involving being outside most of your shift).

A lot of the union building sites were shutdown, which is fair enough.

Have just hit day 19 of consecutive gym workouts (2 days have been just stretching and light cardio top up) after a big Christmas and Boxing Day piss ups, i’am back to where I was pre December, which is good. Also 1.5cm off the waist line.

I tried OMAD for a week, not a fan my energy levels were getting too low and I found because of this i wasn’t going as heavy as I could. Have gone back to normal 16/8 but more than happy to give it another go when I prep my meals more according to my needs.

dont sleep well at all & woke up completely zonked this morning. missed gym & was late to work. now im gonna have to go afterward when it will still be around 40. fun times.
I only had 5 hours sleep. Still made it into the gym but went a little easier than normal.

I only had 5 hours sleep. Still made it into the gym but went a little easier than normal.
i struggle on and off with insomnia.. there are times after extended bouts where it can be really tough to even just get up. felt like i had taken sedatives. gym is a half hour on the freeway from me, probably wouldnt have made it there in once piece.

it's ok. i'll just take a larger water bottle and get my sweat on

How is everybody's experience with gout?

I was eating like a slob for a while, had my bloods checked as I was having some gout problems and found my uric acid was through the roof. It took well over a month to clear with several types of medication and it was completely clear and I was healthy again. I switched my diet over and have been eating clean for a week now. I decided to go for a walk on the third day of the clean diet and probably went a bit silly with how long I walked for, but woke up with a gout attack the next morning. It lasted only 2-3 days but today I've woken up with an extremely inflamed ankle (which is traditionally what happens with my gout outbreaks, toe first then ankle). My clean diet doesn't involve a lot of the foods that traditionally you'd associate with gout (or high uric acid levels specifically).

I'm at a loss. I take probiotics as I've read several articles online that a healthy gut is the best way to process uric acid.

How is everybody's experience with gout?

I was eating like a slob for a while, had my bloods checked as I was having some gout problems and found my uric acid was through the roof. It took well over a month to clear with several types of medication and it was completely clear and I was healthy again. I switched my diet over and have been eating clean for a week now. I decided to go for a walk on the third day of the clean diet and probably went a bit silly with how long I walked for, but woke up with a gout attack the next morning. It lasted only 2-3 days but today I've woken up with an extremely inflamed ankle (which is traditionally what happens with my gout outbreaks, toe first then ankle). My clean diet doesn't involve a lot of the foods that traditionally you'd associate with gout (or high uric acid levels specifically).

I'm at a loss. I take probiotics as I've read several articles online that a healthy gut is the best way to process uric acid.

Not me. But sorry to hear about your gout mate. Hope it gets better.

I've been trying out that 30 day cold shower challenge (I know, so brave doing it in the middle of a Perth summer, but I'm going to see how long into the colder months I can keep it up before I start wimping out).

One of the claimed benefits I'm interested in is its supposed effect on procrastination. The theory being it teaches you that you just have to dive in and get it done, there's no way around it. Can't say I've noticed much change on that front just yet, but geez I feel good after I get out. Whole body tingling and just a general sense of well-being and accomplishment.

I've been trying out that 30 day cold shower challenge (I know, so brave doing it in the middle of a Perth summer, but I'm going to see how long into the colder months I can keep it up before I start wimping out).

One of the claimed benefits I'm interested in is its supposed effect on procrastination. The theory being it teaches you that you just have to dive in and get it done, there's no way around it. Can't say I've noticed much change on that front just yet, but geez I feel good after I get out. Whole body tingling and just a general sense of well-being and accomplishment.
costanzanty7pd6817c31.jpg

I've been having a few recently but only because it's often been ****in hot this summer and I often can't be ****ed putting on the leaking and energy sucking storage HWS anyway.

I do sound psychotic sometimes with some of the involuntary noises I make when I jump under.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back