Physics General Relativity v Quantum Mechanics

Remove this Banner Ad

He has some weird stuff to say, but he puts it in a way that the layman can understand. I really like his presentation.
It was an excellent video.
I'm familiar with some of his thoughts and have taken some great interest in his theory around the two dimensional black hole.
i don't find his ideas weird at all,maybe I'm strange because I think it's weird to not look outside the square at all. We need to be looking inside and outside the square.

Would this thread exist if no one observed it? o_O
If a man says something in a forest, and a woman isn't there to hear him, is he still wrong?

If a man says something in a forest, and a woman isn't there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Yes because woman will still assume him to be wrong

I met a couple from the US last week - he is an ultra-low temperature particle physicist and she is an ultra-high temperature materials scientist. After the usual formalities ("statistically as a couple you should be fine temperature-wise", "who runs the bath" etc) I asked the bloke about his gig. Working a few thousandths above 0 Kelvin, he kind of bends electrons to his will, and indeed smaller particles and yet smaller ones and so ad infinitum. The sheila is into building and testing perfectly-behaving materials, but I couldn't really understand much about her gig. When we parted, I exhorted the bloke to excel in his research because with astronomers now going small-scale in their quest for answers, the key to the multiverse could be in his hands. If he fails to prove that we are real, then we are just a sim - although his failure would thus not be real so back to square one. In the end, I think the most compelling current argument for the multiverse is that it provides an infinite source of alternative facts.

Key Einsteins principle in his theory of GR withstood another test. :thumbsu:

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/key-einstein-principle-survives-quantum-test?tgt=nr

Particles with mind-bending quantum properties still follow a standard gravitational rule, at least as far as scientists can tell.

The equivalence principle — one of the central tenets of Einstein’s theory of gravity — survived a quantum test, scientists report online April 7 at arXiv.org.

In Einstein’s gravity theory — the general theory of relativity — gravity and acceleration are two sides of the same coin. According to the equivalence principle, the gravitational mass of an object, which determines the strength of gravity’s pull, is the same as its inertial mass, which determines how much an object accelerates when given a push (SN: 10/17/15, p. 16). As a result, two objects dropped on Earth’s surface should accelerate at the same rate (neglecting air resistance), even if they have different masses or are made of different materials.

Another verification of Einstein's GR.

Black holes and quantum mechanics are two of the most intriguing physics topics. Their strange and exotic features certainty capture the imagination. Now, new research in the American Physical Society’s journal Physical Review Letters brings aspects of the two together in an experiment that shows, for the first time, that gravity stretches and squeezes quantum objects through tidal forces.
http://www.physicscentral.com/buzz/blog/index.cfm?postid=3078016555038341658

And further confirmation of LIGO's findings

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-detect-einstein-gravitational-waves-third-time-150938033.html

Scientists have for a third time detected ripples in space from black holes that crashed together billions of light years from Earth, a discovery that confirms a new technique for observing cataclysmic events in the universe, research published on Thursday shows.

Such vibrations, known as gravitational waves, were predicted by Albert Einstein more than 100 years ago and were detected for the first time in September 2015. They are triggered by massive celestial objects that crash and merge, setting off ripples through space and across time.

So third time now, this time by other independent scientists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back