Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Thats fine, but dont write articles in the newspaper if you dont know what you are talking about.
I'm not disagreeing with you, i'm just pointing out that a lot of what they say, has been provided to them directly by the coach's. Do dont blame them all the time for getting things wrong, when that is what they are told.

agree with the hill and edwards query, but it hink you will find hudson has been switched down back in the last few weeks, got best on ground against hobart two weeks ago playing as a rebound defender.

According to the Mercury, players may have been betting on the TSL.
Its not an easy one for state leagues to resolve. AFL Tas doesn't have the resources, nor are the players paid enough for any reasonable fine to have an impact. Players could simply quit footy if the fine was big, I doubt a fine levied by AFL Tas would be legally enforcable once a person had no affiliation to the organisation.

According to the Mercury, players may have been betting on the TSL.
Its not an easy one for state leagues to resolve. AFL Tas doesn't have the resources, nor are the players paid enough for any reasonable fine to have an impact. Players could simply quit footy if the fine was big, I doubt a fine levied by AFL Tas would be legally enforcable once a person had no affiliation to the organisation.

This is definitely happening in the TSL, not sure how they are going to police it, fines wouldnt work so maybe a suspension would be the way to go if players are caught out but would be very hard to keep track of. Ive heard of two different clubs player trips funds being punted on there own matches and we all heard the rumours about the burnie coach in 09.

I heard on the radio this morning that clubs with players found guilty of punting on tsl games could be in breech of thier licence agreement.

Has this come up just at the right time so AFL Tas has a reason for denying Hobart or North Hobarts new submission?

Maybe Im jumping at shadows, but the way they go about things it would not suprise me. If its been going on for as long as they say it has, it just seems convenient to get it out there now.

Am I on to something or am I clutching at straws.

I heard on the radio this morning that clubs with players found guilty of punting on tsl games could be in breech of thier licence agreement.

Has this come up just at the right time so AFL Tas has a reason for denying Hobart or North Hobarts new submission?

Maybe Im jumping at shadows, but the way they go about things it would not suprise me. If its been going on for as long as they say it has, it just seems convenient to get it out there now.

Not when AFL Tas are involved, anything is possible.

This is one of the funniest things i have heard! I can't believe it's taken em this long! Has paid for some good footy trips i'm told! ha ha

To be honest, my first thought was that Hobart players must not be involved as Wade would not miss an opportunity to sink the boot in to that club. But you may be on to something there. With the way AFL Tas operates I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are looking for a way of having these allegations used as a basis of one club being expelled.
There would be no surprises as at all if any Clarence players involved get a warning, and if there are any Hobart players that club gets the boot.
Its filthy and despicable, but AFL Tas is one of very few organisations that would see those double standards as perfectly acceptable.

To be honest, my first thought was that Hobart players must not be involved as Wade would not miss an opportunity to sink the boot in to that club. But you may be on to something there. With the way AFL Tas operates I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are looking for a way of having these allegations used as a basis of one club being expelled.
There would be no surprises as at all if any Clarence players involved get a warning, and if there are any Hobart players that club gets the boot.
Its filthy and despicable, but AFL Tas is one of very few organisations that would see those double standards as perfectly acceptable.
Well it should fall back onto afltas again and there inability to run there comp. I've spoken to tsl players from 3 different teams and at no stage have they been told they are not allowed to bet on tsl games, the only education they have recieved through the year is on drugs and alcohol and how to respectfully treat women. I would have thought afltas would have informed the players/coaches and whoever else needs to know what the ramificatios are if you punt on tsl football

Well it should fall back onto afltas again and there inability to run there comp. I've spoken to tsl players from 3 different teams and at no stage have they been told they are not allowed to bet on tsl games, the only education they have recieved through the year is on drugs and alcohol and how to respectfully treat women. I would have thought afltas would have informed the players/coaches and whoever else needs to know what the ramificatios are if you punt on tsl football

Of course the players know they arent allowed to bet on it, if not where the hell have they been????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do Hobart people constantly blame AFL TAS for the situation they find themselves in? The club is a joke on the field and off the field, sat back for far to long and just thought things were going to happen. They put no emphasis on junior development just tried to use ST Virgils school as the junior resource and now they are paying the big penalty. nobody else else to blame but themselves i would say.

Afl players are not allowed too and im sure they get educated on that as soon as they get to their club, but who as said tsl footballers are not allowed to do it?

Im pretty sure this exact issue was raised a couple of years ago and players were told then they could not bet on TSL matches.

Im pretty sure this exact issue was raised a couple of years ago and players were told then they could not bet on TSL matches.

It may be written in their contracts when signed every year. But what player actually reads any of that crap? Their is no education, the players have never been told directly by anyone at stateleague clubs i have been involved with that you can't bet.

Like the article in todays mercury , saying that the media have made several inquiries to AFL Tas in relations to attendances, general manager shaun young told all clubs that crowd figures WILL NOT be released to media.

Surely if you are the media it wouldnt be that hard to obtain the figures, just wait till halftime, go and stand in the middle of the oval and count the 200 people that are attending the game.

It may be written in their contracts when signed every year. But what player actually reads any of that crap? Their is no education, the players have never been told directly by anyone at stateleague clubs i have been involved with that you can't bet.

You were probably on the way to Elwick with your pups

rubbish, its common knowledge, no athlete from any sport can bet on their own competitions, thesae blokes are either stupid or liars, maybe both!

rubbish, its common knowledge, no athlete from any sport can bet on their own competitions, thesae blokes are either stupid or liars, maybe both!
I dont know about that dosa, Id imagine there would be quite a few players that are not sure if they are allowed to bet on tsl or not, fair enough maybe not the games they are playing in, but why not on other games

I dont know about that dosa, Id imagine there would be quite a few players that are not sure if they are allowed to bet on tsl or not, fair enough maybe not the games they are playing in, but why not on other games
well if this is the case brutus67 there are some truely stupid footballers out there, maybe they should stick to the pony's?

Its been 4 or 5 days since we have had any news in relation to Nth Hobart, Hobart and AFL Tas. Things are staying quiet at the moment, This can only mean 1 thing............. trouble is brewing!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back