Remove this Banner Ad

Block 322

Debutant
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Took up the Freo Email offer (70 Dollars), of Parking at Gloucester Park, refreshment areas open and a short walk across the New Bridge.
Reading now (Wa Today) that Gloucester Park is fenced off and there's no direct access to the Bridge and you have to walk in the WACA direction and then access the River and Bridge !
Anyone know how long the walk is now and are the refreshment areas open at Gloucester Park ?

Took up the Freo Email offer (70 Dollars), of Parking at Gloucester Park, refreshment areas open and a short walk across the New Bridge.
Reading now (Wa Today) that Gloucester Park is fenced off and there's no direct access to the Bridge and you have to walk in the WACA direction and then access the River and Bridge !
Anyone know how long the walk is now and are the refreshment areas open at Gloucester Park ?
I'm told about 600 metres but I like you will find out on Sunday.o_O

Maybe they need to build a tunnel from GP to the new stadium, underneath the fence.

Seems rather pointless to me, they fenced it off so they don't need to have a controlled pedestrian crossing. Why not just build a set of traffic lights with a pedestrian crossing FFS and just turn them on during match days. They are the Main Roads department, they can build anything they like.

20 bucks over at Belmont Park. We used to park at Perth Mod for $10 so an extra 10. We live in the bush and have a 3 hour drive so need to make a quick get away.

Anyone received Parking Permit from Wa Harness Racing yet ?

Wonder if Freo have binned the Parking fiasco:huh:

Maybe they need to build a tunnel from GP to the new stadium, underneath the fence.

Seems rather pointless to me, they fenced it off so they don't need to have a controlled pedestrian crossing. Why not just build a set of traffic lights with a pedestrian crossing FFS and just turn them on during match days. They are the Main Roads department, they can build anything they like.

Or they could let people cross a road by themselves.

We're talking a couple of dozen buses over 2 hours? It's not exactly peak hour on the freeway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I received an email from Gloucester Park today saying they have reached a compromise has been ached on the access to the bridge. Still can’t just cross straight over the road where the buses leave from but instead have to head about 200m north on the GP side of Nelson Crescent before crossing and heading to the bridge. Looks ok on the map really but a crossing guy at the car park exit would still be easier..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back