Goals/Kicks ratio

Remove this Banner Ad

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
brahj has 21 goals from 38 kicks this season. What is the record for a single season goals to kick ratio?

brahj has 21 goals from 38 kicks this season. What is the record for a single season goals to kick ratio?
In the earliest seasons before the coding was fleshed out a bit in the game, Full forwards would always, without exception, only ever kick at goal. Never kick to another player, never handball. They could only ever gain a goal, a behind, or an out of bounds free against from their kicks.

So in the early days ratios for FF's would be high, they would be equivalent to their accuracy.

Even now, FFs basically only ever kick for goal. They do sometimes handpass etc but its rare. What changes it up more is that FF's get moved/benched a bit more than in the past, so they might end up playing some of their gametime in different positions. This lowers the ratio a little more in today's qame.

In the earliest seasons before the coding was fleshed out a bit in the game, Full forwards would always, without exception, only ever kick at goal. Never kick to another player, never handball. They could only ever gain a goal, a behind, or an out of bounds free against from their kicks.

So in the early days ratios for FF's would be high, they would be equivalent to their accuracy.

Even now, FFs basically only ever kick for goal. They do sometimes handpass etc but its rare. What changes it up more is that FF's get moved/benched a bit more than in the past, so they might end up playing some of their gametime in different positions. This lowers the ratio a little more in today's qame.

Noted.

I really wish I knew this before committing to it for a season.

Is there a way to tweak the sim so it doesn't drag key position players so often?

Noted.

I really wish I knew this before committing to it for a season.

Is there a way to tweak the sim so it doesn't drag key position players so often?
Probably, but it's there for a reason. There's a major action gap between primary and secondary positions, and this helped reduce that gap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back