Goggle box: The tv crowd projected into the stands

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
There's been suggestions of physical distancing for crowd atmosphere at games, sounds hair brained right? Well not as hair brained and bat s**t crazy as my idea!

What's worse is I kinda got the idea from roaming Brine himself! That's right, I've taken BT's idea and modified it! It's even more non plausible than his idea!

If anyone remembers the days of Ken Bruce has gone mad, then Carringbush has well and truly gone mad such is the result of absence of footy. Anyway to my straight jacket idea (42 chest and 34 waist if someone wants to make the call):
  • So we know there's a show where people watch people who watch tv, for some twilight zone reason - even in footy season - this seems to be quite popular.
  • So we know that Roaming Brine wants to project fake crowds into the stands for some atmosphere, for some twilight zone reason - this is (for some) better than no crowd at all when watching prime time footy.
  • How about a combination of the two ridiculous ideas?; instead of a fake projected crowd into the stands we project those on the couch watching the same game. Just about everyone would have a camera that videos themselves and streams it onto the net, think of such things as zoom, house party etc etc.
Now I'm no geeks 2 u but would it be possible that one could register to have themselves and their lounge room projected onto the seats in the stand and then some sort of IT hub that channel Brine and Fux footy could use all of those thousands (probably willing) tv watching families projected into the stands?

The idea would be to fill up the stands and obviously you'd be able to hear the participants projected into the stands, so it's real atmosphere.
  • The obvious winner is that this would be the real atmosphere watching the same game, not some fake get up.
Yeah I know, desperate for footy - but can some IT guru dispel the idea or make a suggestive alternative?

There's been suggestions of physical distancing for crowd atmosphere at games, sounds hair brained right? Well not as hair brained and bat s**t crazy as my idea!

What's worse is I kinda got the idea from roaming Brine himself! That's right, I've taken BT's idea and modified it! It's even more non plausible than his idea!

If anyone remembers the days of Ken Bruce has gone mad, then Carringbush has well and truly gone mad such is the result of absence of footy. Anyway to my straight jacket idea (42 chest and 34 waist if someone wants to make the call):
  • So we know there's a show where people watch people who watch tv, for some twilight zone reason - even in footy season - this seems to be quite popular.
  • So we know that Roaming Brine wants to project fake crowds into the stands for some atmosphere, for some twilight zone reason - this is (for some) better than no crowd at all when watching prime time footy.
  • How about a combination of the two ridiculous ideas?; instead of a fake projected crowd into the stands we project those on the couch watching the same game. Just about everyone would have a camera that videos themselves and streams it onto the net, think of such things as zoom, house party etc etc.
Now I'm no geeks 2 u but would it be possible that one could register to have themselves and their lounge room projected onto the seats in the stand and then some sort of IT hub that channel Brine and Fux footy could use all of those thousands (probably willing) tv watching families projected into the stands?

The idea would be to fill up the stands and obviously you'd be able to hear the participants projected into the stands, so it's real atmosphere.
  • The obvious winner is that this would be the real atmosphere watching the same game, not some fake get up.
Yeah I know, desperate for footy - but can some IT guru dispel the idea or make a suggestive alternative?
Mate, I didn't picture you as a heavy drinker.

Nice idea, but it would be near impossible to regulate the content. What if people started displaying obscene material on their live streams?

Nice idea, but it would be near impossible to regulate the content. What if people started displaying obscene material on their live streams?

Well if you've got 10000 projected images for each seat, you're not gonna notice some knob with his veg out . Same as a packed house, can you pick the wang flipping the bird to the ump? I doubt it.

In the thread 'the season postponed part 2', with the news that training restrictions have been relaxed some the discussion has been around how to produce crowd noise and visual on the tele. Some decent ones too.

Seems my idea may not be that crazy after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still have the empty stadiums to deal with.

Might be helped by having each side’s non-participating players/staff behind the goals and team colours etc.

Still not ideal. Would have gone with VFL sized stadiums to eliminate the distraction but looks like that ain’t happening.

are we going to see random animals, celebrities etc in the AFL crowds too? can we get a freeze frame of Joffa or Catman cracking the sads and have it in the crowd?

are we going to see random animals, celebrities etc in the AFL crowds too? can we get a freeze frame of Joffa or Catman cracking the sads and have it in the crowd?

Someone managed to get a photo of Harold Shipman into the crowd at the Panthers v Knights game yesterday.

I could see similar pranks happening if they run that promotion for AFL games.

Someone managed to get a photo of Harold Shipman into the crowd at the Panthers v Knights game yesterday.

I could see similar pranks happening if they run that promotion for AFL games.

AFL sides should be on alert to undertake a heavier screening process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back