Goggle box: The tv crowd projected into the stands

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL sides should be on alert to undertake a heavier screening process.
That's hilarious. I don't know what's funnier, a serial killer fan or the fact that the NRL did not foresee something like this happening.

Ok, thinking hats on.
who could we attempt to get a cut out made for an afl game?

if i was a bulldogs supprter i would do teddy whittn
While empty stadiums might be unsettling for most teams, the GC suns will feel at home wherever they play in 2020.

I know this thread is mostly satire, but fact that this subject keeps resurfacing means there might be some opportunities for some kind of expansion in this area.

Personally, I thought R1 was weird. The first few quarters were a novelty, but after that I missed the crowd atmosphere. I am one of those people who likes to jump of the sofa and cheer/swear, but apparently I am a coward who needs the support of others to get me going. I am not sure being projected in the stadium would do it for me though - i kind of like the anonymity of audio.

I won't hijack this thread with details, but I am working on sofacheer.com as an engagement platform that is an alternative to fake crowd sound.

I know this thread is mostly satire, but fact that this subject keeps resurfacing means there might be some opportunities for some kind of expansion in this area.

Personally, I thought R1 was weird. The first few quarters were a novelty, but after that I missed the crowd atmosphere. I am one of those people who likes to jump of the sofa and cheer/swear, but apparently I am a coward who needs the support of others to get me going. I am not sure being projected in the stadium would do it for me though - i kind of like the anonymity of audio.

I won't hijack this thread with details, but I am working on sofacheer.com as an engagement platform that is an alternative to fake crowd sound.
interesting concept. wonder how it will go when certain fans are watching say on kayo which is delayed on streaming by anywhere from 15-45 seconds compared to satellite delivery of foxtel, and terrestial tv signals

interesting concept. wonder how it will go when certain fans are watching say on kayo which is delayed on streaming by anywhere from 15-45 seconds compared to satellite delivery of foxtel, and terrestial tv signals

Right now I ask people when they open the game how they are watching. Once I have enough people using the site I will split them into groups so you are only connected with people using the same stream. With the NRL the difference between Kayo and Free to Air was only a few seconds - not enough to cause a problem in the early testing stage with small numbers.

are we going to see random animals, celebrities etc in the AFL crowds too? can we get a freeze frame of Joffa or Catman cracking the sads and have it in the crowd?

I love Catman.

Catman is hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back