Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully the new one takes something from these designs

Home
478205_37e8eb6dd053a6d6f4bf6f1c07188dd3.JPG

Clash
View attachment 500360View attachment 500360
That training jumper looks terrible...im big fan of the indigenous jumper looks fantastic

I love the indigenous jumper, but wonder why the artist wasn't given license to go nuts on the GC logo too, just looks a little out of place.

Should have been canned with sports tonight
Slightly off topic but Sports Tonight should never have been canned - Play of the Day was a staple of my childhood.

On topic - We need to swap to a more simplified "less shiny" logo, There's a few decent examples on this thread where a simple "GC" on the front of the kit looks aces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the planning stages for our club I wasn’t tuned in and wasn’t invested.

Was just wondering was there ever any thought of Southport being strongly involved and our club being called Gold Coast Sharks??
I believe that was a strong possibility, also knew pirates, dolphins and stingrays were muted.

Maybe a full rebrand including name, logo, colours and song?

I’d be up for it using the name Sharks or Dolphins as to me that suits the GC and would be more relatable for the kids. Really dislike the Red a lot. Our GC Women are beautiful and not too many ladies like Red.
Suns is American.
The Song is good but of course a new Song would have to be penned.
And if we were the Sharks we’d have a Leagues Club and Beautiful Pokie Machines coming into the joint.

And I’m a PBC man so please don’t accuse me of having a Southport agenda.

I’d be up for it using the name Sharks or Dolphins as to me that suits the GC and would be more relatable for the kids. Really dislike the Red a lot. Our GC Women are beautiful and not too many ladies like Red.
Suns is American.
The Song is good but of course a new Song would have to be penned.
And if we were the Sharks we’d have a Leagues Club and Beautiful Pokie Machines coming into the joint.

And I’m a PBC man so please don’t accuse me of having a Southport agenda.

Not sure i believe in a full rebrand but would have preferred a different name when we started.
I was at the unveiling presentation of song, name and jumper. Walked away loving the jumper but was disappointed with the name it wasn't catchy to me but it seemed the double meaning of sun/son was what sold the directors.
On the brightside if a rebrand happened i should be able to fetch a pretty penny for some of the marketing and memorabilia items i got in those early years before we entered the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back