Society & Culture Good deeds

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought some stuff for a guy with a 'need food' sign once. He didn't have smokes, alcohol or coke surrounding him so I thought he may actually be more genuine than others.

Other than that I don't usually end up in situations where a good deed could occur. I don't go to busy public areas often

Gave a guy a short tow because he had broken down just off a major road. Let him park in my driveway while waiting for the RAC. Didn't let him into my house while he waited but I was on my way out for half an hour and the RAC guy was there when I got back. I wasn't murdered and my house wasn't ransacked.

It was a qualified good deed though. He was diving a fully restoted mid 70s Holden sedan (HJ I think) to a car show and looked mint. If he was driving a 2004 Hyundai Sonata or something I would have driven straight past.

Have you performed any recently? Or witnessed any?

I saw a guy give a homeless guy a bag full of groceries, thought that was pretty nice.

I gave a guy on the train my bookmark as I could see he was bending the pages in his book.
What does a homeless person do with a bag full of groceries ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I offered a homeless person some chocolate, but he said no, I think he was a crazy homeless guy. Still, I felt good about offering.

I'm also a vegan, so I save an animal every day but not consuming animal products.

I have a direct debit to a third world charity.

My friend is pregnant and even though I think childbirth only adds another suffering being into the world, I keep that thought to myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back