Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamstring
Saw Farran Priest carve Rochy up in last year's prelim, then towards the end of the game seemed to tweak his hammy. He still managed to play a serviceable game in the granny. I wonder if Martyn is playing mind games or it is serious. Morgan tried down playing the injury in his post match comments.

Saw Farran Priest carve Rochy up in last year's prelim, then towards the end of the game seemed to tweak his hammy. He still managed to play a serviceable game in the granny. I wonder if Martyn is playing mind games or it is serious. Morgan tried down playing the injury in his post match comments.

Was unstoppable in that Prelim.

Saw him do the on ground warm up for the Granny and he looked quite hesitant on exertion and when bending down. Alas, he came out and did his bit plus more.

Who knows?

Very quite on here for finals time boys. What's everyones predictions for:
Premier:
Runner up:
Wilf cox medal (best on):
Best in finals series:

Very quite on here for finals time boys. What's everyones predictions for:
Premier:
Runner up:
Wilf cox medal (best on):
Best in finals series:
Hopefully someone fields a (supposed) ineligible player this weekend so this thread can produce as much entertainment as the KDFL one. On a serious note, obviously most clubs keeping a lid on it.
Premier: Ky
Runner up: Benalla
Wilf Cox: Jason Morgan
Best in Finals: Luke Morgan (will play 4 finals, Ky boys only 3)
2016 Talking points: Rochys poor finals record continues (mainly due to the current putrid finals system)/Ky first Premiers and Champions in history

Hopefully someone fields a (supposed) ineligible player this weekend so this thread can produce as much entertainment as the KDFL one. On a serious note, obviously most clubs keeping a lid on it.
2016 Talking points: Rochys poor finals record continues (mainly due to the current putrid finals system)/Ky first Premiers and Champions in history
agree finals setup is horrible would personally prefer a top 5 or a system with the top 6 where 1st & 2nd get a real reward, especially 1st.
Just out of interest while the top 6 has been in( not sure how long) how many times have 1 & 2 played off in the granny? Bet it is well below other leagues in the area

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree finals setup is horrible would personally prefer a top 5 or a system with the top 6 where 1st & 2nd get a real reward, especially 1st.
Just out of interest while the top 6 has been in( not sure how long) how many times have 1 & 2 played off in the granny? Bet it is well below other leagues in the area

It's no different than other finals setups. If your good enough you'll win it

It's no different than other finals setups. If your good enough you'll win it
Absolutely. I was meaning in other leagues top 2 can go out on straight sets from the prelim (usually against the 3rd best team), whereas Rochy generally finish top 2 and then can go out in straight sets by losing to a 4th or 5th ranked side. Shouldn't happen this week but they'll have their season ended next week by Benalla.

Has no one ever gone undefeated to a flag in the GV before. That's surprising but a good thing I reckon

Has no one ever gone undefeated to a flag in the GV before. That's surprising but a good thing I reckon
Roota....there has in fact been one team to do it. Back in 1939, Nagambie Football Club were Premiers and Champions after coming from behind against Rushworth to win by less than a kick. The previous season they were in the Warangal North East Football Association and were also Premiers and Champions in 1938

Rochys outs do worry me but if they can play Atleast 2 good quarters of footy they should get over the Line

You mean O'Connor on top of Watson and Aitken I guess johnno. Is the forecast for Seymour on Saturday torrential? I watched Rochy v Shepp at Deakin and Wong dominated the first quarter before being injured. Wong will be a huge factor for Shepparton if he stays fit. Mitch Bright has to take him I reckon.

You mean O'Connor on top of Watson and Aitken I guess johnno. Is the forecast for Seymour on Saturday torrential? I watched Rochy v Shepp at Deakin and Wong dominated the first quarter before being injured. Wong will be a huge factor for Shepparton if he stays fit. Mitch Bright has to take him I reckon.

Yepp that's who I meant
He's a tough matchup but wouldn't suprise me if Gledhill went to him. Did a superb job on Pettifer to keep him goaless last week!
If the Bears can move the ball quick and give Wong plenty of one on ones like last time in the 1st quarter he will become very dangerous if he has his kicking boots on.

Yepp that's who I meant
He's a tough matchup but wouldn't suprise me if Gledhill went to him. Did a superb job on Pettifer to keep him goaless last week!
If the Bears can move the ball quick and give Wong plenty of one on ones like last time in the 1st quarter he will become very dangerous if he has his kicking boots on.

Good point re Gledhill as I travelled to Echuca to watch the shut down job on Pettifer last week.. Similar sized player to Wong so Gledhill's speed and height negates the aerial advantages over a McCarty sized defender I guess.

Hoping for a match report if you are at Seymour Johnoo.

Good point re Gledhill as I travelled to Echuca to watch the shut down job on Pettifer last week.. Similar sized player to Wong so Gledhill's speed and height negates the aerial advantages over a McCarty sized defender I guess.

Hoping for a match report if you are at Seymour Johnoo.
Good luck to this weekend's participants. On another front, is the Meka factor already affecting Hawthorn????

Well rochy almost blew Tht one! Credit to shepp they played with high intensity, dominated early and should have been more than a goal up at quarter time. Thought after that rochy started getting on top all over the ground but the scoreboard didn't really reflect their dominance. A few scuffles throughout the game killed rochys momentum and were fairly undiscipline all day! 6 of shepps goals come from clear free kicks. Rochy were 14 pts up going into the last quarter. Shepp mounted a challenge early but ran out of legs as it went on. Gledhill did a terrific job on Wong and I thought Lindon did a fair job on stroobants although the delivery was horrible at times.
Rochy would want to be better next week! Were missing Watson, Aiken, O'Connor, Bowen and sanders. Need to get a few of those guys back next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back