Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes and no. Coaches are pretty busy to be watching and judging every player from the opposing team. Especially if they are a playing coach.
As if a coach would not be able to analyse who is playing their role best or his best players were on the day. In my opinion, the people who are far too busy to be giving votes are the umpires.

As if a coach would not be able to analyse who is playing their role best or his best players were on the day. In my opinion, the people who are far too busy to be giving votes are the umpires.
How great would it look. A coach wins it after giving himself votes every week

Curiously when has someone other than a midfielder won the Morrison medal?
Guy Campbell in 2011. Mark Blake at Mooroopna late 2000's. Jarrod Sutherland from Swans early 2000's. Blake and Sutherland as genuinely big ruckmen. Campbell played ruck, CHF, CHB predominantly. Could play on a wing. There are no doubt several others. I reckon Brendan Parker won one at Tongala in the 90's as a CHF.

Guy Campbell in 2011. Mark Blake at Mooroopna late 2000's. Jarrod Sutherland from Swans early 2000's. Blake and Sutherland as genuinely big ruckmen. Campbell played ruck, CHF, CHB predominantly. Could play on a wing. There are no doubt several others. I reckon Brendan Parker won one at Tongala in the 90's as a CHF.
Did Craig Scholl played mainly CHF during his Morrison year??

WOW 4 absolute guns they were tongue

Gvl so far behind it. They just put out a Facebook post saying that they incorrectly did the league votes and awarded the wrong winner for the netball medal Monday night. How hard is it to get it right??

Feel sorry for the poor girl who has been stripped her league medal.

gvl professionalism throughout the past few seasons has been appalling. Points saga last season with Mooroopna which they stuffed up and handed out no penalty, poor tribunal/fines and ongoing rule changes throughout the season, sh*tshow with qualification rules and allowing unqualified people to play and then stuffing up the league vote count and awarding someone who wasn't the winner the award. I am sure there is more that hasn't surfaced!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gvl professionalism throughout the past few seasons has been appalling. Points saga last season with Mooroopna which they stuffed up and handed out no penalty, poor tribunal/fines and ongoing rule changes throughout the season, sh*tshow with qualification rules and allowing unqualified people to play and then stuffing up the league vote count and awarding someone who wasn't the winner the award. I am sure there is more that hasn't surfaced!

Interleague coaching saga. Probably needs to be looked at the from the powers above in the AFL. I think a complete overhaul would be welcomed by the majority.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interleague Coaching appointment fiasco
Nathan Drummond photo-gate debacle
Head admin man left late in season with “nothing to see here” statement Of explanation
poor treatment of one fm radio station
echuca thrown under the playhq bus in round 1 last year

Last edited:
Interleague Coaching appointment fiasco
Nathan Drummond photo-gate debacle
Head admin man left late in season with “nothing to see here” statement Of explanation
poor treatment of one fm radio station
echuca thrown under the playhq bus in round 1 last year
Scoreboard went blank for over a quarter in the seniors in the prelim.
Siren was sounded at the 3 minute mark of the second quarter in the reserves.
The list goes on.

Sorry for the golden oldie....but wouldn't have happened in Keith Wellmans /Trevor Pollards etc reign 😉😊

Sorry for the golden oldie....but wouldn't have happened in Keith Wellmans /Trevor Pollards etc reign 😉😊
Just love the golden oldies wb, players administrators oops !! That dosnt include the dud that caused keith to come out of retirement and clean up the mess he left behind , what a top administrator he was

It’s the Final straw for me. Get out of the afl hub. Explore all options moving forward regarding affiliation. The clubs need to unite to ensure the best way forward before we have a situation like Kyneton in the BFL.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you want to see a professional run vote count have a look on YouTube of the Ovens and Murray very impressive all year the coverage by 2ay & 3ne broadcast 2 games a week of football and one of netball leaving the gvfl for dead

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
And they (o&m) sell the rights , rather than paying for the coverage

Clearly a better administration providing greater leverage. Their product might be better, but the respective audiences do not care. Point being, there is still an audience.
Silver I think all know my thoughts on the GVL leagues decision in 2011/2012 to take the administration away from being self administered and in particularl from people who had a long history and understood the many aspects which made the GVL what it was and gave connection between ‘ the league ‘ , it’s audience and it’s position in the more broader local sporting landscape . Worth noting that Grant Wilson during his tenure, not surprising giving his background , was IMO very capable .
O&M chose the path of remaining self administered and having seemingly gone from strength to strength .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back