Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Sitting at a cafe in albert park this morning and a big lump of a bloke walked in and for the life of me I can't remember his name. Ex afl he rucked at mansfield for a couple of years. Deadset giant does anyone remember him?? he was very handy player.

Sitting at a cafe in albert park this morning and a big lump of a bloke walked in and for the life of me I can't remember his name. Ex afl he rucked at mansfield for a couple of years. Deadset giant does anyone remember him?? he was very handy player.
Mensch?

Andrew Browne?

He an Darren Comi were a pair of guns back in those days for the Lions!

And who can forget possibly their most dynamic player in the 80's: Russell (Rhino) Richards!! What a player. 6.3 built like Tarzan and absolute elite speed! Unfortunately cut down by back injuries while playing for Melbourne and never really played at Seymour post AFL career.
Swooping Pie would remember him.
I remember them alright tongue boy how good were those 2 absolute jets Comi won the gvfl goal kicking in 83 at I think 17 years of age and again in 87 then kicked 100 plus again for kennington and in between all that 44 vfl reserve games for melbourne You’ve got to stop getting me excited bringing up these past guns 😂

Swings and roundabouts isn’t it? We’ve had the Ky posters about to burn the place down over Angus Byrne and his qualification status. This hardly complies with the lofty standards that have been spoken about on this very site ! In every way this outweighs the Angus Byrne Lynching! Spirit of the game crusaders can’t have it both ways .
Which Ky posters are you referring to here? Jayco as far as I know is a Rushworth supporter, can’t think of anyone else who follows Ky that has commented, happy to stand corrected if I’m wrong.
I don’t necessarily agree with a stay in proceedings but the penalty certainly did not meet the crime in my opinion.
It’s all irrelevant anyway as the word is the appeal was unsuccessful.
Looking forward to a good contest between two fierce rivals. Echuca should win comfortably and deserve to be overwhelming favourites but if Ky can be close at 3qtr time then it’s game on.

Swings and roundabouts isn’t it? We’ve had the Ky posters about to burn the place down over Angus Byrne and his qualification status. This hardly complies with the lofty standards that have been spoken about on this very site ! In every way this outweighs the Angus Byrne Lynching! Spirit of the game crusaders can’t have it both ways .
A non-Kyabram poster questioned whether Byrne qualified, which in most comps, he wouldn't have.
As for the Lynching remark - not your best work.

Kane Pettifer has lost his appeal in the Supreme Court today in a Bid to play in in Sunday’s Gvfl Grand Final 😳😳😳
I don't want to open the proverbial can of worms again...but watched the video the other day...Pettifer is number 10 yes ?....didn't seem to be a whole lot more than a physical footy accident in a tackle from my point of view. And the fact that there were players all around and not one remonstrated with him...someone always sees something untoward on the footy field. Just my opinion guys...and hope the young Mansfield guy is doing well 👍.

I don't want to open the proverbial can of worms again...but watched the video the other day...Pettifer is number 10 yes ?....didn't seem to be a whole lot more than a physical footy accident in a tackle from my point of view. And the fact that there were players all around and not one remonstrated with him...someone always sees something untoward on the footy field. Just my opinion guys...and hope the young Mansfield guy is doing well 👍.
Well said 👋

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has footy gone too far the other way, it was a brutal physical game, I applaud king hits taken out of the game, but is this now starting to take away the unique physicality of our great game, too many guys now don't know how to protect themselves in contests anymore, it used to be scary playing senior footy

Well said 👋
You have to be kidding!
There was no need to do what he did, the play had stopped and he was late with his knees in to a young fellas head
He should of got 2 weeks for the cheap shot on the Euroa young fella 2 weeks earlier.
It is hard to believe he thinks he is stiff, he has been snipping for the last couple of years and it has caught up to him.

You have to be kidding!
There was no need to do what he did, the play had stopped and he was late with his knees in to a young fellas head
He should of got 2 weeks for the cheap shot on the Euroa young fella 2 weeks earlier.
It is hard to believe he thinks he is stiff, he has been snipping for the last couple of years and it has caught up to him.
Well on the incident in question imo he was stiff...can't see how they got to 5 weeks

Well on the incident in question imo he was stiff...can't see how they got to 5 weeks
I’d say something along the lines of
He kneed someone in the head when he didn’t have to.
The injured player did not return for the game.
The injured player had concussion and would be ineligible for the following week.
Pettifer has a poor tribunal record.
Also

The charge was graded careless conduct, severe impact and high contact and as such was referred directly to the Tribunal.

I’d say something along the lines of
He kneed someone in the head when he didn’t have to.
The injured player did not return for the game.
The injured player had concussion and would be ineligible for the following week.
Pettifer has a poor tribunal record.
Also

The charge was graded careless conduct, severe impact and high contact and as such was referred directly to the Tribunal.
Understand that. In the footage I struggle to see where he "deliberately " knees a bloke in the head....plenty of people around the contest watching....including the umpire

Has footy gone too far the other way, it was a brutal physical game, I applaud king hits taken out of the game, but is this now starting to take away the unique physicality of our great game, too many guys now don't know how to protect themselves in contests anymore, it used to be scary playing senior footy
I think prior opportunity along with the AFL trying to avoid litigation over head knocks , has led to players lacking awareness as well as at times instigating contact in circumstances they would have previously avoided.
Holding the ball in and creating stoppage is now considered a skill much the same as the ability to dispose when tackled was seen in the past .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back