Confirmed Grace Egan traded to Richmond in a four-way trade for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Young midfielder Grace Egan is another expected to depart Ikon Park in the next month, with a host of interstate sides – including expansion team Sydney – all in the market for the talented 21-year-old onballer.

Happy at Carlton, re-signing talks are between her, her manager and the club... but then goes on to say she's happy wherever she ends up playing and is open to anything.

Former teammate Grace Egan was also on hand at the Auskick launch, and confirmed she has received interest from other clubs.

Last week, womens.afl reported Egan is expected to leave Carlton, with a number of interstate clubs – including expansion side Sydney – in the running for the hard-nosed midfielder.

"I'm happy at Carlton, Carlton has been really good to me. I am out of contract this season, but that's just for my manager, myself and the Carlton football club to work out. Wherever I end up playing my footy, I'm happy," Egan said.

"Yeah definitely (we've) had clubs approach my manager, but I'm open to anything. Carlton has been very good to me, and I love everyone there, so whatever happens, happens."

Nothing supposedly about it.

When Prespakis signed for Essendon she put up an IG story of them singing the Essendon song.

Imagine the fallout if one of the AFL listed players did that…
It's funny how laid back AFLW can be sometimes. Hopefully with a full 18 teams now the next CBA (next year) can turn more towards some of the other issues, getting them to full time professional with a full season, 12 month contracts, negotiating their own salaries instead of having tiers and being structurally forced to move to be paid what they're worth. Would help with retention and culture building a lot I think, improving skills, and making a better product. "Time doesn't change things, people do" (and money..)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way she'd be welcome back after what she did when Prespakis' departure was announced.
I know, hence the 'be shocked'.

Not really keen on her staying on the field either, great accumulator of the ball but her disposal is pretty average, never to a teammates advantage. Hope for her sake a different coaching group can help her improve that.

Nothing supposedly about it.

When Prespakis signed for Essendon she put up an IG story of them singing the Essendon song.

Imagine the fallout if one of the AFL listed players did that…
Wow, I bet you're fun at parties..........not.

Daisy Thomas started singing the Carlton theme song at the lollingwood mad monday celebrations when he was leaving. Half the team joined in with him.

This has apparently gone through as a four way trade involving Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood according to Carlton:

Collingwood frames it as a two way swap of picks between themselves and Richmond:

Hawthorn's version is another two way pick swap with Richmond:

And Richmond also calls it a four-way pick swap:

Hawks claim to get Vic pick 9, lose Vic picks 16 and 18 in a trade with Richmond
Collingwood get National picks 30 and 33, lose National picks 25 and 38 in a trade with Richmond
Carlton get Vic pick 13, lose Egan to Richmond
Richmond call it a 4-way trade where they get Egan and 38, and lose 18

I think? So with all picks as national picks:

Hawks in: 18 (from Rich)
Hawks out: 30, 33 (both to Coll, via Rich?)

Richmond in: Egan (from Carl), 38 (from Coll)
Richmond out: 18 (to Hawks)

Collingwood in: 30, 33 (both from Hawks, via Rich?)
Collingwood out: 25 (to Carl, via Rich?), 38 (to Rich)

Carlton in: 25 (from Coll, via Rich?)
Carlton out: Egan (to Rich)

:drunk:

So is it a four way trade or three different trades that Richmond was involved with that made the Egan trade possible?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back