PS4 Gran Turismo Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't the old ones have like 700? :confused:

Extra cars means extra development time. If you want 700 cars then you want the game in 2020 or some s**t.

When car games jump to the next gen they usually reduce the amount of cars in it to get a sequel out. Forza 5 has about 200 cars in it, but its sequel Forza 6 doubles that in just 2 years.

I would be happy for them to take a quality over quantity approach if it helped streamline the development process.

Few people have whinged about it, but pretty pumped for it.

Upgraded to the G29 a couple of months ago and was able to keep the stand from the G27, with this I'll finally use it for the first time :p
People don't quite understand what early builds look like, best to release full cgi trailer up until release.

I would be happy for them to take a quality over quantity approach if it helped streamline the development process.
That's part of the reason why the count is so low, when GT 7 releases they will finally be done with those ps2 models which GT5 and 6 still had to deal with. Polyphony Digital just never got the ps3 architecture I think this generation will be a return to form for this studio, landing Mike Caviezel was a huge get.

Last edited:
Extra cars means extra development time. If you want 700 cars then you want the game in 2020 or some s**t.

When car games jump to the next gen they usually reduce the amount of cars in it to get a sequel out. Forza 5 has about 200 cars in it, but its sequel Forza 6 doubles that in just 2 years.

Dont need 700, but 700 to 138 is a huge drop. Half the fun for me was collecting all the cars and making them unique. Now you'll just be racing against the same cars all the time.

I'm sure there will be plenty of DLCs to come, they'll want make sure they make up for it in other areas. I'm not all that fussed about graphics.

I think I read all the cars will be 'super premium models' so you'll have the interior views etc. You'd also think unique sounds and car engines I reckon?

They probably won't have any of those 'standard' model cars (where they just took them from previous games and added a slightly better skin to it).

And no doubt, they'll almost certainly add DLC cars through free and paid DLC as is the norm I guess.

Personally, I'm glad they've seemingly given an in depth car customisation mode - that was something I always envied from the Forza games.

I think I read all the cars will be 'super premium models' so you'll have the interior views etc. You'd also think unique sounds and car engines I reckon?

They probably won't have any of those 'standard' model cars (where they just took them from previous games and added a slightly better skin to it).

And no doubt, they'll almost certainly add DLC cars through free and paid DLC as is the norm I guess.

Personally, I'm glad they've seemingly given an in depth car customisation mode - that was something I always envied from the Forza games.

Surely by today's standards every car will be "super premium". Inexcusable if there's any standard cars. If Forza can do it then GT can do it. Especially being a later game and all that.

Surely by today's standards every car will be "super premium". Inexcusable if there's any standard cars. If Forza can do it then GT can do it. Especially being a later game and all that.
There's nothing wrong at all with having basic model cars, i'd encourage a classic mode with every car released in the series on the disc but yes the main roaster should be premium only but throwing away assets doesn't make sense specially when the content dwarfs any other game.

There's nothing wrong at all with having basic model cars, i'd encourage a classic mode with every car released in the series on the disc but yes the main roaster should be premium only but throwing away assets doesn't make sense specially when the content dwarfs any other game.

Forza has 460+ all able to walk around, sit inside and start up. The generation of basic model cars has to be over.

Seems like they are trying to take the franchise into the esports arena and build closer ties with real life racing categories.

Also, this is very interesting...

"As far as understanding developer Polyphony Digital's ambitions for Gran Turismo and its PlayStation 4 outing GT Sport goes, there's only one thing you need to know: players will be able to earn a digital license that's recognised by the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) and is valid at real motorsport venues in 22 countries. In other words, you take your tests in game, drive a race car in real life.

That might sound a little crazy, maybe even a little dangerous, but let's not forget that airline pilots train for the real thing in simulators, at least in part—and they end up responsible for more than their own lives at the end of it. Perhaps this license was always the ambition for a series that has forever styled itself as "the real driving simulator." It's simply taken 19 years for the world to catch up and take that ambition seriously."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/gt-sport-real-life-driving-licence/

Delayed until next year now. No date set.

Polyphony has delayed their latest racing simulator, Gran Turismo Sport, from November, 15 2016 until 2017. No new specific release date has been given.

Founder of Polyphony, Kazunori Yamauchi said, “While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time, we are more committed than ever to making GT Sport the best Gran Turismo game to date.”

Gran Turismo Sport is boasting to be the most advanced GT game to date with physics-based rendering, sound simulation, a robust photo mode, VR support, and a competitive sport mode.

http://playstationinsider.com/2016/08/gran-turismo-sport-delayed-until-2017/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh no doubt. Still interested to see what GT serves up though.

Me too. I enjoy Forza but I've never really loved a Forza game like I did GT on PS2. Though the Horizon series is getting there.

Phwoar!
CSL-Seat_02.png
review here:

If the seat gives back pain i wont be getting it.

According to early impressions, Gran Turismo Sport runs at native 1080p with 60 fps on the regular PS4. There is no footage available of the game running on the PS4 Pro yet, but we will make sure to link to one once it is available. In the meanwhile, enjoy these hype realistic GIFs showcasing the replay mode in Gran Turismo Sport which runs at 30 fps but improves the visual quality since there is no gameplay featured in it.

Read more at: http://gearnuke.com/gran-turismo-sport-animated-gifs-will-blow-mind-realism/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back