PS4 Gran Turismo Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Was really excited for this but now I'm not so sure. I've got the racing wheel/seat set up but the PS4 lives in my bedroom now where there isn't room for the seat. Don't know I'd love playing it with just a controller.

Having said that, I do feel all the nostalgia about the franchise. I can still see the high speed ring in a gold MX5 on the PS1...

Was really excited for this but now I'm not so sure. I've got the racing wheel/seat set up but the PS4 lives in my bedroom now where there isn't room for the seat. Don't know I'd love playing it with just a controller.

Having said that, I do feel all the nostalgia about the franchise. I can still see the high speed ring in a gold MX5 on the PS1...
So are you not excited because the demo wasn't great or just because you can't use your wheel?

My PS4 just started auto-downloading this last night. Not long to go now! Looking forward to the rally cars more than anything

Its really really good - its still got that quirky GT flavor with all the driving tests and challenges, and massive amount of car pr0n.

I have got to say, the online racing component (so far) has been some of the most fun and less trolled I have every played. I don't know if its all of the training it makes you do before it allows you to go online that is putting most people in the right mindset, but its incredible just how much people are trying to not hit you.

I mean, its at least over 50 percent of my races that are without any clear trolling. That is a massive win if you have ever done a lot of online racing.

Biggest thing I miss - not being able to upgrade my cars in the usual manner. There is a bit of an upgrade path, but its very simple (power and weight), and I think its intention is more aligned with getting different cars to meet performance baselines for various races.

It is different to a usual GT thats for sure. But all the other single player stuff I'm pretty much in loving, all those challenge and tests are completionists heaven.

I'm pretty pumped for this game, is it like the past games where you have to drive the Yaris (or something similar first) until you get enough cash / win the first gold cup to buy / receive a real car? But even still, I'm pretty excited about getting in the Yaris, my PS4 R2 button will not even leave the depressed position, I'm going sideways!

I'm pretty pumped for this game, is it like the past games where you have to drive the Yaris (or something similar first) until you get enough cash / win the first gold cup to buy / receive a real car? But even still, I'm pretty excited about getting in the Yaris, my PS4 R2 button will not even leave the depressed position, I'm going sideways!
Its very different now. There are almost no cars that don't have at least some kind of sport pedigree. For instance you wont find a 63kw Toyota Yaris, but you will find a Toyota 86 (and the very limited edition Toyota 86 GRMN - which is an absolute dream to drive)

There are a lot of ways to get cars. Firstly there is a daily unlock - just by driving (and kind of driving) at least 50 kms or so you unlock a car that you dont own - I believe this is random, but I think it generally tries to give a range of categories. Resets each night.

Completing a line of licenses, challenges, course masteries, etc. etc. will all award you cars.

Then of course you can just go to the manufactures and buy them (but you can't buy all of them - I think some you must win or achieve other things).

There is a whole levelling and progression system that is actually really awesome, it unlocks track layouts and awards cars, and bunches of other stuff. Actually I could go on - but I'm going back to my wheel to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone tried psvr functionality yet?
No :(

Its supposed to be excellent - as you would expect from the guys that make GT. I dont even have a HDR TV - Supposedly this game is like a must buy for one. Almost at the end of life for my panasonic plasma.... almost, but not yet. Another couple of years.

Picked it up yesterday with the T150 Wheel & Stand!!! A very welcome and needed change from the 2k18 AI cheese thats been doing my head in for the last month! Back to enjoying some gaming

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone tried psvr functionality yet?
Tried it briefly tonight. Drove a golf gti round a ring 10 times. Felt pretty much the same as drive club.

I really hope I'm wrong about this but it appears as though there's just a half dozen or so preset tracks you can drive in 'vr tour' mode which mean s**t all to anything. I was under the impression you could play the whole game in vr like drive club.

Tried it briefly tonight. Drove a golf gti round a ring 10 times. Felt pretty much the same as drive club.

I really hope I'm wrong about this but it appears as though there's just a half dozen or so preset tracks you can drive in 'vr tour' mode which mean s**t all to anything. I was under the impression you could play the whole game in vr like drive club.
Right so after investigoogling this morning it seems my fears were well founded. You can't play the 'game' in VR at all and apparently even the 'VR Tour' does not award any experience or trophies or anything. This is hugely disappointing. If I'd known this beforehand I wouldn't have bothered. :thumbsdown:

Anyone know why when playing sport mode which is online racing that some opponents cars are transparent and some are not? Shits me to tears when you adjust for it but end up going right through and then cocking up because of it

Yeah VR is limited to 1v1 or timeattack. All of the tracks are VR though.

Choosing to drive a golf gti on an oval track, well that ones on you.

Also - I thought you were an xbox man - when did you upgrade to the PS4 and VR?

Anyone know why when playing sport mode which is online racing that some opponents cars are transparent and some are not? Shits me to tears when you adjust for it but end up going right through and then cocking up because of it
When you set up your lobby for an online race, you can set if you want car ghosting off/weak/strong. Basically it makes cars ghost out if they do things like attempt to rejoin the track unsafely, drive backwards, or attempt to torpedo you from behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back