Greetings

Remove this Banner Ad

ReplicantL10

Draftee
May 26, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm from Liverpool and recently decided on my AFL team

I came across AFL watching NFL videos and liked what I saw.

I like the idea of Geelong because they seem like a city away from the Melbourne hub where everyone is invested for the good of their community. I also like the blue and white stripes look and that indigenous guernsey (that's a new word for me) is a work of art.

I like that they have their own stadium and 10 years since a Premiership seems long enough for me to not be jumping on a bandwagon. Am I right in thinking you refer to Premierships as flags?

Surprised you didn’t pick Port Adelaide since they’re the only club that sings a song like Liverpool. Being a Geelong supporter is a double edged sword, mate. Yes, the home ground away from Melbourne sounds good in theory since it props up our wins during the season but our home finals are played away from home against genuine home teams (as well as ones against non Melbourne teams) in Melbourne.

Surprised you didn’t pick Port Adelaide since they’re the only club that sings a song like Liverpool. Being a Geelong supporter is a double edged sword, mate. Yes, the home ground away from Melbourne sounds good in theory since it props up our wins during the season but our home finals are played away from home against genuine home teams (as well as ones against non Melbourne teams) in Melbourne.

NO ONE sings a song like Liverpool ;)

Oh and in terms of being away from home, every cup final in England is played in London now so Liverpool are always away from home.

Bring it :)

From a fellow Brit, welcome!

If you ever want to talk about football, we have a thriving board as well. Plenty of chat about the Euros already:

I'm from Liverpool and recently decided on my AFL team

I came across AFL watching NFL videos and liked what I saw.

I like the idea of Geelong because they seem like a city away from the Melbourne hub where everyone is invested for the good of their community. I also like the blue and white stripes look and that indigenous guernsey (that's a new word for me) is a work of art.

I like that they have their own stadium and 10 years since a Premiership seems long enough for me to not be jumping on a bandwagon. Am I right in thinking you refer to Premierships as flags?
Welcome aboard the greatest team of all. 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back