Review Grose, Bullshite & Useless v Kangaroos 2020...

Remove this Banner Ad

Must have had some ability if you made the squad Shorty
I was the classic "all skill, no toughness". A squib one might say. Comes with being 5ft2 and 55kgs haha

This whole thing is troubling me. A lot.
OK, we're bad. Certainly the worst-performing side of 2020 --- bottom, lousy %, using some kids --- but how can we be SO bad, especially since the bye last year, when many of the Senior players have been AA and played in a GF (some, multiple Finals series)?? Watching those players bumble and fumble and not run to space, not run both ways, not chase, not do the one-%ers is depressing.
How did their attitudes and skill levels get so bad, from the levels of 2017 to now?

I get the same answers:
--- poor fitness (Hass/Burton)
--- disunity, low team spirit (multiple reasons)
--- poor coaching (especially mids and forwards set-up, who should be as good as if not better than they were in 2017), from which I conclude that Hart and Godden are useless.
Still waiting for Nicks to show something, too.

I feel for Nicks. Imagine being a rookie coach and being handed this talent less list and a coaching group consisting of Hart, Clarke and Brent Reilly. Going to be interesting watching the architects of this mess (Chapman, Roo, Fagan, Ogilvie) throw him under the bus.
To me his game day approach looks poor. The cameras pan on to him and he appears to be talking to himself all the time. He should try coaching from the boundary like Chris Fagan occasionally does to get his message across. He's like the invisible man in the box.

I feel for Nicks. Imagine being a rookie coach and being handed this talent less list and a coaching group consisting of Hart, Clarke and Brent Reilly. Going to be interesting watching the architects of this mess (Chapman, Roo, Fagan, Ogilvie) throw him under the bus.
Don't be, he has an opportunity afforded to very few. This is his chance to stamp his authority on the team and be innovative and if need be ruthless.
The supporters can see the intent of the team and the structures/ game plan.
If there is a genuine attempt to move the ball with pace, hard running off the ball to create space and the want to shepherd.
A fresh approach to kick ins and not accepting backward play as a major option.
A need to inject new blood into the team and drop those who have continuously let the team down or play with little aggression.

Mark Stone immediately got results with Glenelg by having a clear direction.
Sheedy at the Eagles has an impressive game style moving the ball with speed and length that is succeeding.
Nicks has this same chance but he has to demonstrate the strength to make changes, personnel,fitness, coaches.
Forget the board and do things his way,
From what I've seen so far I fear he may not be up to it, I hope I'm wrong.

So Nicks states in post game interview that Fog had to be in the "27" to train but he is still a couple of weeks away...WTF????

Previously AFC had stated on Thursday that Fog would probably be playing Wednesday -

So if he is the 27th player that actually can't play why name him as an emergency there should have been at least 4 others in front of him???

Someone needs to put their hand up to a massive fk up - no foresight no planning no idea!!

So Nicks states in post game interview that Fog had to be in the "27" to train but he is still a couple of weeks away...WTF????

Previously AFC had stated on Thursday that Fog would probably be playing Wednesday -

So if he is the 27th player that actually can't play why name him as an emergency there should have been at least 4 others in front of him???

Someone needs to put their hand up to a massive fk up - no foresight no planning no idea!!
Because due to the AFL's COVID rules, he can't train competitively if he's not named in the squad.

As to why they would suggest that he'll be playing Wednesday - that's textbook AFC media bullshit, lying through their teeth as usual.

Is St Kilda the only team with a longer premiership drought than us at the moment?

56 years - Melbourne (1964) - *
54 years - St Kilda (1966) - 1
25 years - Fremantle (x) - 0
25 years - Carlton (1995) - 5
22 years - Adelaide (1998) - 2
21 years - North Melbourne (1999) - 4
20 years - Essendon (2000) - 5
17 years - Brisbane (2003) - 3
16 years - Port Adelaide (2004) - 1
10 years - Collingwood (2010) - 2
9 years - Gold Coast (x) - 0
9 years - Geelong (2011) - 3
8 years - GWS (x) - 0
8 years - Sydney (2012) - 2
5 years - Hawthorn (2015) - 12
4 years - Western Bulldogs (2016) - 1
2 years - West Coast (2018) - 4
1 year - Richmond (2019) - 7

Last edited:
Didn't see any of the game as I was playing footy. Grange beach was also stunning late this afternoon.

Good to see our performance on the field mirrored our selections.

The AFL should take our licence back and start a new team in Tasmania.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks press conference speaks volumes
Keep patting guys on the bum telling them it'll be ok.
fu** that! There has to be repercussions for poor attitude and horrible performances.
He's an apologist. He needs to be authoritarian.
Make examples of softness.
I'm over this softly softly approach.
Kinda looked like he was ripping into them at half time

I just want this season to *in end and the draft to start. get some *ing midfielders.

after this year matt crouch can never play for us again. and schoenberg needs to replace gibbs now.

Last edited:
At some stage when we were getting smacked Nicks should have gone down and coached from the boundary. Been down there with his players, truly coaching them, listening to them, building some self confidence when they had none.

Sitting upstairs moving magnets can be done by someone else. It wasn’t doing us any good anyway

I reckon he should try coaching from at home in his lounge room.

I just want this season to fu**in end and the draft to start. get some f*n midfielders.
This isn’t over anytime soon. At least another 3 drafts, then 50 - 100 games into them.

Could be looking at 5-8 years in the bottom 4.

I think we’re all coming around to understanding just how catastrophic the damage is.

First centre clearance of the game, remember it fondly. ROB lays a good shepherd but Matt hesitates and thinks ROB wants to pickup the ball... so nobody picks up the ball and North get the clearance. Ah Matt, you’re the inside midfielder, it’s literally in your job description to go for that ball when your ruckman is laying a block for you. Who is teaching him this s**t? He was never this bad.

This isn’t over anytime soon. At least another 3 drafts, then 50 - 100 games into them.

Could be looking at 5-8 years in the bottom 4.

I think we’re all coming around to understanding just how catastrophic the damage is.
I think we'd be a lot more competitive with sloane, jones, hollands, schoenberg and pick 7 in the middle.

as long as the crouch bros are in the middle we are going to be horseshit.

I know it’s a rebuild and we will go through some lean times but all about effort and anyone that puts up with that crap and says it’s ok needs to piss off unacceptable effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back