Remove this Banner Ad

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
I don’t care what sort of guitar it is, Electric, Bass or Acoustic or one of its many variations, Slide, Dobro, Lapsteel, Pedal, Double Bass or even how many strings it has. You can even put in one of the guitar’s cousins like the Banjo, Ukulele or Mandolin.
Name the player and post an example of their playing.
I’ll give an example.
This is Amos Garrett playing with great taste and restraint on Maria Muldaur’s “Midnight at the Oasis.”

Flea from Red Hot Chilli Peppers playing bass on Alanis Morisette's, "You Ought To Know".
No shown in this video, but that's him playing. A great angry song!

If you think the guitar's little cousin is lame, you might think again after seeing these examples of what someone with a bit of talent can do.
Jake Shimabukuro playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

and Bohemian Rhapsody

I listened to Mike Auldridge's "Blues and Blue Grass" recently. A really wonderful album.
This is the last track from the album, "Everybody Slides" with Lowell George from Little Feat. Great guitarists.

Last edited:
I listened to Mike Auldridge's "Blues and Blue Grass" recently. A really wonderful album.
This is the last track from the album, "Everybody Slides" with Lowell George from Little Feat. Great guitarists.

How old is that? Lowell’s been gone for a long time. God rest his soul. Love me some Little Feat!:hearteyes:

Takes a while to kick in, but oh, so good! A very young, very stoned Bonnie Raitt, with Lowell and others on a radio show in ‘72.
Probably doesn’t belong in the guitar thread, but we were talking about Lowell and some nice understated picking and slide just the same.

Last edited:
How old is that? Lowell’s been gone for a long time. God rest his soul. Love me some Little Feat!:hearteyes:
I bought the record mid 70's. It was the first time I had heard Bluegrass , still sounds great today. Auldridge passed away in 2012.

Last edited:
Don Alder has been around since the mid 80's and put out 6, few and far between albums.
He is one of the best acoustic players around.
This is his version of Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

and he isn't too bad on electric either! With all time Bass great, Billy Sheehan.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don Alder has been around since the mid 80's and put out 6, few and far between albums.
He is one of the best acoustic players around.
This is his version of Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

and he isn't too bad on electric either! With all time Bass great, Billy Sheehan.

Jeez !. He's dripping with talent that fella.

Robert Randolph with his 13 string pedal steel guitar. Amazing. If these don't get your feet tapping, you ain't got any!

Last edited:
This is Lizz Wright singing the Neil Young song "Old Man". This is a standout for both Wright's singing and the musicians backing her. Wright is a great singer but have a listen to the two guitarists. Robin Macatangay on Acoustic and Marvin Sewell on Slide is fantastic. Sewell is a master.
Nick D'Amato on Bass and Jano Rix on drums. Starts slow but keep listening.

Last edited: