Gutted

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a great contest and fully worthy of being the Grand Final itself.

The Saints found it difficult to play their natural game, they were able to stop you guys from scoring but found it almost impossible to score themselves.

Cudos to the doggies for such a great effort.

I know how I would feel in your shoes - there is not much I can say that is consoling so I hope we can win the big one and make your loss a little more bearable.

Bad luck guys, much prefer how you boys play the game, deserved to win, f*cked by the umps but tried hard. Much respect. Even if the Cats make the GF I don't want to watch Rugby style football like that. Saints winning is a loss for football... you deserved it but ahh well... maybe next year. Well done anyway.

Yeah gotta hate those saints, only won it once in 112 years. Would much rather see Hawthorn get another flag.

Once again the forward structure is an ineffective, wasteful clusterf*ck.
Seven goals from 57 inside 50's. Jesus Christ.

Bob Murphy, for all his talent, is simply not big enough to impose himself regularly in a congested forward 50.

And what was Minson up to last night? 'Cause he wasn't at the game.

Words fail me :(

Shattered, heartbroken, gutted, devastated, heartbroken. **** this is a cruel game

Our boys were absolutely bloody fantastic tonight, they were out of this world. Magnificent, superb, tremendous effort by every single one of them

The umpires can go and get ****ed. Absolutely disgraceful performance

I'm too numb. This is going to hurt for ages. Its not 97-esque, but its just so bloody sad

They deserved so much more tonight. They deserved to bloody win

It just sucks :(

tsk - the older you get the less you give a ****. mate - if you can chuck some boots on - have a crack - otherwise deal with it or STFU

'tsk' - the older you get omar jones, the more of a w*nker you become. No one wants to hear 'words of wisdom' coming from a defeatist like yourself who has spent a life being satisfied with mediocrity.

I am also gutted and shattered but we'll be back next year with a key forward and come September will be celebrating a Grand Final win and Brad Johnson's 374th game!!

PS - Before you give me a card moderators, the * is actually an 'i'. eg: 'winker'

GO DOGS!!

Incredibly bad luck tonight Dogs. Yours was the better team on the night, but didn't get the result. Football works that way sometimes. It can be cruel. But you really should be proud of how the team stood up and played generally. They were great.

The only positive i personally take from the loss is that Geelong don't play your lads in a GF. I have a real soft spot for your club and would feel odd about supporting the team that potentially denies you a premiership. No such reservations about denying St Kilda, however.

All the best in 2010. And get Barry Hall while your window is still open!

Bad luck boys. I barracked for your mob like they were my own tonight.:(

You'll get what's coming to you all one day.

'tsk' - the older you get omar jones, the more of a w*nker you become. No one wants to hear 'words of wisdom' coming from a defeatist like yourself who has spent a life being satisfied with mediocrity.

I am also gutted and shattered but we'll be back next year with a key forward and come September will be celebrating a Grand Final win and Brad Johnson's 374th game!!

PS - Before you give me a card moderators, the * is actually an 'i'. eg: 'winker'

GO DOGS!!

Yeah if you guys can get a key forward you'll be a big chance next year. Reckon Big Bad Barry would have to be on Rocket's radar for next year.

Really felt for Brad Johnson tonight too. The guy is a champion and great clubman, ala Robert Harvey, and deserves to play in a GF and a premiership. Hopefully he goes round again next year.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ten years ago this week my bombers were pipped by Carlton by a point, that game was and still remains a dark day but can i say this when the time comes that the Doggies win a flag and yes it will happen.

Sure you may find that hard to believe but it will come and when it does, it will make all the pain of losing these games seem worthwhile.

You have a gun midfield, you play an exicting fast running style and you have a solid back line, all you lack is someone up forward who can kick four to six goals.

With that be proud of your boys. and when the day does come just make sure it isn't against Essendon ;)

Bad luck boys. I barracked for your mob like they were my own tonight.:(

You'll get what's coming to you all one day.

Same with me mate. i went to the game with my brother dad and 2 mates, i wore a doggies jumper and barracked so loud. i was gutted i couldnt belive it

i really hope success comes towards the doggies soon, its just not fair

38 years of following this club i love 6 prelim finals losses, i`ll be back next year... but i don`t think i`ll see a granny in my lifetime........
hang in there dougie .i was starting to think the same about the pies mate, but dreams can come true like1990.i thought johnno was finished, but he played a great game.and some of your young players were fantastic,also i dont think i have seen a team look as nervous as the saints when they came out onto the ground.the only ones who seemed unfazed were king and gardiner.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahk!!!

that's about all i have to say.

so many missed opportunities in the first quarter.

really feel for the players, they will be absolutely kicking themselves right now, if they thought last year's prelim gave them some nightmares this one will have them waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night for years to come.

omg i have read so many of these forums today it is killing me! everything i read just brings it all back and hurts more and more.

Stayed off this forum yesterday and Friday night as I knew it would probably make it worse.

Couldn't read the articles in the newspaper and don't think I can bring myself to watch the replay. Never felt as upset over a game of footy like this before. I remember being sad in 97 but I was only 12 or so, so I got over it pretty quickly. This one will take a while.

I can only hope it gives us a stealy resolve for next year.

GO DOGS!!

I want us to win just as much as what you want us to win dude - i think we are on the threshold .. we are close!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back