Hankies for the Yankees

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Fella

Draftee
Nov 4, 2001
SE Asia
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Did anyone just catch the end of Game 7.

Man bottom of the ninth Arizona pull it out of nowhere. Sweet revenge for those two devastaing losses.

And Randy johnson - you are THE MAN

Not sure the Yankees era is over - Arizona will probably fall of next year - they have a really old roster.

But they should enjoy the moment - it was the best world series I've seen (well besides when the Twins - my team - won)

And as a sporting spectacle - I don't think even Hollywood could dream up that series.

Well, I've finally found a way to get the Yanks beaten, go for them for once. Every time they've played in the WS, I've gone against them, and now, the one year I would actually like to see them win it, THEY LOSE THE DAMN THING.

So there is a tip for you all. If you want to know the winner of a sporting championship, just ask me who I'm going for and back the opposition. It'll work every time. ;)

It just show the true class of the New York Yankees. They where out played for most of the series and yet it still took the D Backs until the bottom of the 9th inning in game 7 to win the World Series.

When Soriano hit that homer in the 8th off Schilling to put the Yankees ahead, I thought the World Series was going back to NY again considering the Yankees could then use Rivera to pitch the last 2 innings for them but it wasn't to be and it goes to show the mental toughness of the D Backs. Hopefully they don't turn out to be a one year wonder like the Florida Marlins.

Originally posted by The Hippie
Well, I've finally found a way to get the Yanks beaten, go for them for once. Every time they've played in the WS, I've gone against them, and now, the one year I would actually like to see them win it, THEY LOSE THE DAMN THING.

So there is a tip for you all. If you want to know the winner of a sporting championship, just ask me who I'm going for and back the opposition. It'll work every time. ;)

Thanks for that advise Hippie. Could you do me a favour?. If the following teams are playing for a championship:-

Port Adelaide
LA Lakers
Liverpool
AC Milan
NY Yankees :(
and of course Tampa Bay

Please support the other team. :)

Well, I've finally found a way to get the Yanks beaten, go for them for once. Every time they've played in the WS, I've gone against them, and now, the one year I would actually like to see them win it, THEY LOSE THE DAMN THING. ;)

:( :D :D :D same here.

But after taking ***** for years from my Uncles & cousins for me & my brother being the only Mets fans in Yankee territory....I might just phone the fire station on some pretext tonight. hate to rub it in

;)

Originally posted by carb70

Thanks for that advise Hippie. Could you do me a favour?. If the following teams are playing for a championship:-

Port Adelaide
LA Lakers
Liverpool
AC Milan
NY Yankees :(
and of course Tampa Bay

Please support the other team. :)

Looking at your list if it is any consolation, I aways support the other side. :D

No wuckers, Carb. ;) Except for the Lakers, I've gotta keep going for them seeing they're my team, too.

Hippie, then that defeats your theory. Unless you were going for Indiana and Philadelphia in the last 2 NBA Championship final series.:rolleyes: :)

Carb, I walked around with fingers in my ears and eyes shut for 2 weeks while the finals were on, so I couldn't jinx them. :D :D :D

Thanks for that Hippie, Just remember to do the same again if they make the finals this season.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back