Golf The Bigfooty Golf Cup 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

iDon

Find me on the Golf Board
Jan 30, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Good evening golfers,

Knowing full well a few of you might be venturing on on day 1 of 2024, I wanted to get this thread in early for you to all read.

With the growing board and regular posters, I thought it was about time that we have a Yearly Bigfooty Golf Cup to follow with interest throughout the year. I have had a think about how this will work, but as it's the first year it might take some tweaking before we find the right oil.

The Cup

12 months, 12 opportunities to submit rounds. The bigfooty cup will be a rolling leaderboard conducted through our the year. Players will submit scores and BEST 8 monthly leaderboard scores will count.

Player with the lowest ranking scores win.

The Rules:

Player will nominate a round prior to playing for the score to count.

Screenshot of score to be provided after round.

Each month, you can submit up to 3 rounds, (probably only peternorth is playing more) but all must be nominated prior to round starting. Only your best round will count though.

Will alternate between stableford and par (believe I could calculate this from stableford points) to give us some variety.

As the judge, juror and executioner I will be the main verifier of scores. Just need you to post up a pic of your scorecard. You are all trustworthy individuals, so back you in. Blank out any details you need to

Leaderboard will be updated each month with everyone receiving a ranking for that month. 1 point for the winner , down to however many play as highest score. Overall lowest score will take out the inaugural Bigfooty Golf Cup. For example, I might finish 5th, 7th, 1st, 2nd in my first 4 months. I'll receive 5 pts + 7 pts + 1pt + 2 pts = 13 pts.

Bicco as our resident 9 hole guru, I'll work out a way to get you involved.

Why 8 months? Injuries for the oldies, long oversea trips for the rich, winter months might see a drop off, cranky wives and terrible children. Plenty of time you may not be able to submit so that's all good.

Any questions? Fire away. If this is a poor idea, do tell me. Any rules suggestions? Joker round?

More to come.

Last edited:
January (Stableford)

USERNAME​
1​
2​
3​
Best​
Ranking​
iDon
26​
30​
30​
30​
6​
36​
33​
35​
36​
3​
34​
26​
36​
36​
4​
Pklz
26​
39​
34​
39​
2​
33​
31​
31​
33​
5​
juss
21​
24​
24​
7​
40​
40​
1​

February (Stableford)

USERNAME​
1​
2​
3​
Best​
Ave​
Ranking​
iDon
40​
28​
40​
34​
32​
32​
39​
31​
27​
39​
juss
22​
22​
29​
29​
29​
29​
31​
30​
31​
31​
31​
29​
32​
35​
35​
39​
27​
39​
36​

Last edited:

Rules updated to just include a pic of your scorecard. No need to give golflink numbers.

I can also change it that you don't need to nominate and can just post it in here, might be asking too much to have you guys jump in here before a round.

Love it mate.

Couple of suggestions, can we send our scorecards to you privately in a dm might work better?

It would be pretty lame for someone to try and cheat the system, couldn't see the point of it. Happy to come dead last in the interest of a decent fun competition.

I will try and play tomorrow somewhere, unsure if it will be 9 hole or 18 though, but if it's 18 I will nominate it, course TBC.

I have a GA Handicap so the stabeford is legit but have never done par scoring before. It's basically a replica of my Future Golf submissions, they make it incredibly easy with their app it auto calculates your daily handicap for the course on the day based on your GA Handicap and the course slope.

Last edited:
Love it mate.

Couple of suggestions, can we send our scorecards to you privately in a dm might work better?

It would be pretty lame for someone to try and cheat the system, couldn't see the point of it. Happy to come dead last in the interest of a decent fun competition.

I will try and play tomorrow somewhere, unsure if it will be 9 hole or 18 though, but if it's 18 I will nominate it, course TBC.

I have a GA Handicap so the stabeford is legit but have never done par scoring before. It's basically a replica of my Future Golf submissions, they make it incredibly easy with their app it auto calculates your daily handicap for the course on the day based on your GA Handicap and the course slope.

Of course mate. You can DM me the score card.

I'll nominate a round tomorrow Southern GC

New track. Predicting a tough day but that's why we love golf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could only manage 9 holes today, it was 16 points. Happy to send you the scorecard iDon but it might be easier for you if I just wait for an 18 hole round for consistency with others. I dont mind either way.

If you don't need the scorecard, honour system these were the deets:

4 Jan
Edithvale Public
Daily handicap 11 (9 holes)
Slope 109
16 points
46 strokes

Have started the table. Formating our as I'm only on my phone (NBN issue don't get me started)

Haven't decided how we incorporate 9 holes in juss . Def could just X2, but that might not work. Could have a Yearly 9 hole submission table, average out over the year, and we give you the mini cup as winner 🏆

Have started the table. Formating our as I'm only on my phone (NBN issue don't get me started)

Haven't decided how we incorporate 9 holes in juss . Def could just X2, but that might not work. Could have a Yearly 9 hole submission table, average out over the year, and we give you the mini cup as winner 🏆
No need, just ignore that round, I'll play a few 18 holes this month anyway :)

First time just keep it simple haha

IMG_0331.jpeg

Let a good one slip today. Turned two up on handicap, but fatigue set in middle of the back nine. Had been crock all week, but was feeling fine yesterday and today, but being on the couch for days, plus the a bit of heat and humidity knocked me around.

Sugar hit on 16th tee steadied the ship, but three straight doubles had done the damage.

Stroke 75 net - stableford equivalent 33.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back