Golf Australian PGA Summer of Golf 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

iDon

Find me on the Golf Board
Jan 30, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
We are about to ramp up the summer of golf with some big names coming out to join the series.

Events and players confirmed:

November 16-19: Victorian PGA Championship ($250,000) - Moonah - Playing both Open and Legends course

November 23-26: Fortinet Australian PGA Championship ($2 million) - Royal Queensland
Min-Woo Lee, Cam Smith, Cam Davis, Lucas Herbet, Robert McIntyre, Daniel Hillier

November 30-December 3: ISPS HANDA Australian Open ($1.7 million) - The Australian and Lakes Golf Club (Joint mens and womens event)
Cam Smith, Adrian Meronk, Michael Block, Lee brother and sister combo, Lucas Herbet, Adam Scott, Robert McIntyre, Daniel Hillier

December 5-6: 2023 Cathedral Invitational - Cathedral Lodge and Golf Club
Cam Smith, Mark Leishman, Adam Scott, Gabi Ruffles,

December 11-14: Sandbelt Invitational - Victoria GC (day 1), Peninsula Kingswood (day 2), Yarra Yarra GC (day 3), Royal Melbourne (day 4)
Cam Davis, hosted by Geoff Ogilvy

Will add any other big names I have missed, but thought it would be easier to have a summer of golf tourney thread.

Last edited:
Gippsland Super 6 with $200k prize money was run and won on Saturday in Warragul.

A kiwi won, Kerry Mountcastle ($32k) but one of the bigger names in the field was Jake McLeod who took down second for $20k.

Next up is the Vic PGA Champs, might head down there this weekend if the weather is good.

We are about to ramp up the summer of golf with some big names coming out to join the series.

November 16-19: Victorian PGA Championship ($250,000) - Moonah - Playing both Open and Legends course

November 23-26: Fortinet Australian PGA Championship ($2 million) - Royal Queensland
Min-Woo Lee, Cam Smith, Cam Davis, Lucas Herbet, Robert McIntyre, Daniel Hillier

November 30-December 3: ISPS HANDA Australian Open ($1.7 million) - The Australian and Lakes Golf Club (Joint mens and womens event)
Cam Smith, Adrian Meronk, Michael Block, Lee brother and sister combo, Lucas Herbet, Adam Scott, Robert McIntyre, Daniel Hillier

Will add any other big names I have missed, but thought it would be easier to have a summer of golf tourney thread.
Don't forget the Sandbelt Invitational (Dec 11-14). Melbourne's sole event with Cam Davis coming back to defend his title.

December 11-14: Sandbelt Invitational - Victoria GC (day 1), Peninsula Kingswood (day 2), Yarra Yarra GC (day 3), Royal Melbourne (day 4)
Cam Davis, hosted by Geoff Ogilvy

You've left off The Dunes Sunday Wackers comp.
8-12 blokes of varying ability from not bad to pretty s**t
If anyone wants to come down and help look for balls in knee high, snake infested rough, you're most welcome

You've left off The Dunes Sunday Wackers comp.
8-12 blokes of varying ability from not bad to pretty s**t
If anyone wants to come down and help look for balls in knee high, snake infested rough, you're most welcome

I'm actually due for a round again. Pity I get the call up on a Saturday arvo when someone pulls out.

Current leader board here.

Think you can watch this on Kayo tomorrow.

Kazuma is a fresh professional from NZ.

Believe the best credential player in Micheluzzi (killed it last aussie summer) is in the hunt. Scott Strange is a blast from the past too.

vicpga.png

PGA on this weekend.

Field includes:

Cameron Smith, Min Woo Lee, Cameron Davis, Adam Scott, Adrian Meronk, Joaquin Niemann, Lucas Herbet, Marc Leishman, Bobby MacIntyre, David Micheluzzi, Daniel Hillier, Richard Mansell, Curtis Luck, Eddie Pepperell, Rafa Cabrera Bello, Elvis Smylie (great name)

Nice little field playing down under.

Might put some wagers on Meronk, Niemann, Herb (have to), Hillier and Pepperell (one of my favs)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coverage on Kayo starts at 12pm unfortunately.

12pm has Herbet, Michelluzi, Hillier, Pepperal, Leishman and a bunch of oldies Pampling, Ogilvy, Lonard etc.

Friday arvo viewing will be on point.

PGA on this weekend.

Field includes:

Cameron Smith, Min Woo Lee, Cameron Davis, Adam Scott, Adrian Meronk, Joaquin Niemann, Lucas Herbet, Marc Leishman, Bobby MacIntyre, David Micheluzzi, Daniel Hillier, Richard Mansell, Curtis Luck, Eddie Pepperell, Rafa Cabrera Bello, Elvis Smylie (great name)

Nice little field playing down under.

Might put some wagers on Meronk, Niemann, Herb (have to), Hillier and Pepperell (one of my favs)
Meronk was unlucky not to make ryder cup team

Coverage is shocking.

Showing holes for the two groups they are only covering when they are on the green basically.

It's borderline embarrassing actually. You can't tell me when can't see more then just the two groups, DP World tour typically shows 3 groups and multiple other people throughout coverage.

Also graphics for players are constantly wrong.

Herbet with a birdie, shown as a par, then on that par 5 was playing his 4th, graphic showed playing his third.

Amateur hour there

Coverage is shocking.

Showing holes for the two groups they are only covering when they are on the green basically.

It's borderline embarrassing actually. You can't tell me when can't see more then just the two groups, DP World tour typically shows 3 groups and multiple other people throughout coverage.
Would be run on a shoestring so no surprise.

In positive news at least Mark Allen nowhere to be seen!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back