Rumour Harley Bennell Possible Drug Ban?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be the smart way to play it. This is becoming a mess - the whole "drug ban being covered up by an injury"...I myself heard a rumour from a family member who knows some family members of a Dockers star that another star at the club is having "issues".

Ultimately it's all messy speculation. Who really knows? Only a few people within the club and the players themselves.
But according to you a family member of a family member knows.

TheProwler said:
Don't want to speculate
Then don't

Sir_Loin said:
Don't want to speculate but clearly a strike
You're speculating on something you know clearly? Riiight. Just say its a strike.

pg-54-umpire-getty_255989t-thumb-300x367-239208.jpg

Eh. Not dumb enough to be sticking up for the guy when I get into oppo fans who blindly stick up for their own club's players, but yeah, who knows with Harley. Wouldn't shock me either way but I reckon he's legitimately injured.

saw him play against subi (WAFL) for peel. whilst he was a level above everyone else on the field he was still a long way back for AFL football IMO

he was blowing up big time in the 3rd quarter and was being benched quite a bit. he looked to pull up sore in a couple of contests

i just dont think he's match fit yet and is still in recovery

And Gillian wonders why everyone is moving over to soccer............

Yeah, Australias greatest ever Goalkeeper lost his chance to be a star for Manchester Utd and Chelsea because of a coke habit but yeah nah soccer plays are all clean skins who dont allow themselves to be tested for them unlike those horrible guys who play afl:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet junior soccer numbers are increasing while aussie rules is decreasing uh ohhh

Because of drugs? You're just pulling s**t out of your arse.

Big deal, junior soccer in the US has the highest participation rate of any sport, and it is a minnow code, just as it is here.

Have you been to an A League game? Snoozefest.
I went to a game.
It was awesome...except for the 90 minutes in the middle where nothing happened.

I went to a game.
It was awesome...except for the 90 minutes in the middle where nothing happened.
Until the A league stops importing has-beens looking for some retirement money to put some extra bums on seats it will never be taken seriously in this country. Any decent youngsters showing potential end up moving overseas anyway, what's the point? (And of those kids that move overseas probably only 5% make it into a starting 11, the rest try their luck in lower divisions). This league is just a feeder competition.

For every decent young soccer player here there about probably about 40 or 50 gifted South Americans at the same level or higher. Again, what's the point?

Anyway, rant over. Just had to comment on the soccer garbage.

saw him play against subi (WAFL) for peel. whilst he was a level above everyone else on the field he was still a long way back for AFL football IMO

he was blowing up big time in the 3rd quarter and was being benched quite a bit. he looked to pull up sore in a couple of contests

i just dont think he's match fit yet and is still in recovery

Heard the same, also how could he be rubbed out for drugs if he was playing for Peel ?

Don't want to speculate and I would love to see him back ASAP as its players like him that bring people to the footy but given Dustin Martin indicated to Richmond to be cautious when looking into recruiting him you would have to think that there could be something else behind this.
Dustin Martin should worry about himself and not being off his face at every music festival to hit the state of Victoria

Man injures calf. Initial prognosis is 6 weeks. Setbacks occur, no new timeframe for recovery has been established. Somebody asks about it, gets response "We have no timeframe right now".

Definitely drugz.
I reckon they should test your coach for drugs, after his footy show interview the other week and now freos first game. Him getting an indefinite calf injury himself could be the best thing that ever happened to your club

Big deal, junior soccer in the US has the highest participation rate of any sport, and it is a minnow code, just as it is here.

Are talking about just the men?

Women's soccer in the US is huge. All the top players from all over the world go there to play in the NWSL. The US women's team is like the Brazilian Men's soccer team in terms of powerhouse.

Men's soccer in the US is s**t yes, Women's hell no.

Dustin Martin should worry about himself and not being off his face at every music festival to hit the state of Victoria

Please mate you're making a fool of yourself. Dusty only gets off his face at sterosonic. Wouldn't be caught dead at earthcore

Away from the obvious deflecting...wasn't Harley photographed with lines of Coke in front of him ? now I'm not going out on a limb here to say he is known for partaking in illicit substances so if this leg injury last's about 6 weeks then its pretty much confirmed as strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back