Senior Harris Andrews (2014-) (Co-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury may have given Harris his initial opportunity (like he said in the article) but what he's been able to achieve through talent and hard work has bloody well kept him in the team. Not luck or chance opportunity.

Brilliant things to come from young Harris me thinks!

Surely a sneaky chance for the nab rising star one would think. He is gonna be a legend for the club. :)

No chance, its either Cripps or Hogan without doubt. No arguing with you on the second point though, looks like a good one.

No chance, its either Cripps or Hogan without doubt. No arguing with you on the second point though, looks like a good one.

Would have to be top 5, tho IMHO he is as good as those two.

I reckon that by the end of his career, he will be one that a team would draft in the top 3.

it's interesting to note that if he was born a few weeks later, he would be drafted this year.
I wonder how he compares to the draftees of 2015. A top 10 bid perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he looked a tad fatigued Saturday. Constantly we are hearing about workloads on young players, and not expecting too much KPP in the first few years. This bloke, the youngest player in the game, has played 18 games in defence in a team that got flogged most weeks, and excelled. My admiration knows no bounds.

p.s. bit pist.

Our High Point: Harris Andrews

The AFL's Michael Whiting has looked back at our season and noted our high point:

In a year of slim pickings, the undoubted highlight for the Lions was the rise of young defender Harris Andrews.

Eighteen months ago the teenager was barely on the national radar.

He came through the Lions academy and leapfrogged plenty to win a spot on the senior list.

What Andrews has done this season has been quite remarkable.

Justin Leppitsch introduced him in round three as a forward, and after glimpses of quality there, he was shuffled to defence where he really shone.

For someone so lean – he has just 92kg to fill out his 200cm body – he battled with forwards both mature and strong and held his own.

Andrews reads the flight of the ball with a maturity far beyond his years.

His round 18 performance against Geelong was the most eye-catching, with 22 disposals and 12 marks – many of them intercepts.

It earned him a Rising Star nomination.

From almost nowhere, the Brisbane-raised product has given the club a key position player for the next decade or more.

372764_nl.jpg

Our 2015 Club Champions

18-year old Harris Andrews received the Rookie of the Year award for his break-out season. Andrews reads the flight of the ball with a maturity far beyond his years.

His round 18 performance against Geelong earned him a Rising Star nomination. The Brisbane-raised product will prove a key position player for the Lions’ next decade or more.

I watch alot of footy (not just Lions) and imo Harris was the best performed first year player edging out Brayshaw, mainly due to the fact he is playing in a much more difficult position/role for a first year player.

Should definitely have been in the votes for rising star, other than Cripps and Hogan (2nd year players) he was the best performed nominee. I believe he will be the best key defender in the comp once he can get some experience and particularly size on his body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back