Remove this Banner Ad

Haymo_of_thor

All Australian Defender
Oct 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adelaide Jets
G'day everyone, this is some stuff I made at the end of the last summer that I never ended up posting, so I'll do it now.

I decided to overhaul the kits, coaches, and squads of the Australian Cricket Landscape. I did this by dividing Australian cricket into two different teams; The Australian Mens Cricket Team (Tests and ODI), and the Australian Mens Twenty20 Team.

I took inspiration from past kits that Australia has worn just like CA has done in the past. Keep in mind that when I made these Alinta Energy was still sponsors of Australia, not Toyota.

The merging of Test and ODI sides into one means that there is a return of the 'Baggie Yellow' cap just like the 'Baggie Green' worn in test matches. The ODI uniform takes inspiration from the 1987 Perth Challenge Tournament Jersey and even uses "retro" versions of sponsor logos. The T20I team wears a uniform inspired by the ODI kit worn between 1989 and 1992 but with a black base similar to current Australian T20I Kits.

crickets_01-01.jpg
crickets-02.jpg
crickets-03.jpg
crickets-04.jpg
crickets-05.jpg
crickets-06.jpg

Thanks for reading through this short portfolio, I appreciate any feedback or critiques.

p.s. The teams were my opinion in March and are not the actual teams for each respective side.

crickets-06.jpg
Love this, I'm a sucker for black-out kits. Maybe a change in the colours for the text so it stands off the green top bar more?

Cannot really fault this kit. The design works, but as a test kit, it is hard to go wrong with it. Only critique would be recolouring the Asics logo to green, and removing the Alinta Energy slogan.

Another great design, good reference to the retro theme. Main critique for this one is the front sponsor placement. It isn't east to fit the logo into the design, but where it is placed is way too low for a design. Would have been better to sacrifice a bit of the design to fit it into the white band than have it where it is positioned. This could have also been done by reducing the size of the logo, as it is too large anyway. And again the asics logo on the pants would look better in green.

This is easily the weakest of the three designs. I get the concept, and your execution is pretty good, however, the Australia text is completely lost in the design, and again the front sponsor is way too low and too large. With the way designs are these days with front sponsors, double elements like text and a sponsor logo just don't work well anymore, so one needs to be sacrificed for the other to work.

But not a bad outing overall, good ideas, fairly well executed, and with only a few tweaks here and there a really good set of designs.

Well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back