Portfolio Cricket Australia x Achieve - A New Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio
DESCRIPTION.png

CRICKET AUSTRALIA
"A NEW ERA"

Cricket is Australia's most popular summer sport, enjoyed by thousands across the nation in the backyard on a 'syntho' and mainly or a solid strip of dead grass. Wherever you go, there is always a pitch. Australia has seen an array of recent success, winning World Cups, Test Championships and more, yet one of our most succesful period is coming to an end. The world is always changing, and so to is Australian Cricket, so why not lean into the future and see how Cricket Australia can change branding and squads as well as introducing new competitions to improve the pathway to the national side. The New Era of Australian Cricket will look like this:
NATIONAL: The Australian Men's and Women's cricket which represent the nation in World Cups, ODI, T20 and Test Series. This is the final stage of the Australian Pathway, being the highest level of Cricket possible within Australia.

DOMESTIC: The current State cricket will see changes in structure, with the new leagues to be named Men's National Cricket League (MNCL) and Womens's National Cricket League (WNCL). Within each league, two competition will be formed which includes One-Day and Four-Day cricket. These competitions will be named, The One-Day Cup (both Men's and Women's), The Sheffield Shield (Men's) and the Rolton-Clark Shield (Women's).

BBL: The Big Bash League will enter another season, being a staple in the summer schedule and allowing an increase of action and excitement for spectators. A current problem found in the Big Bash is branding and season schedule. Uniqueness needs to feature for each side, using their own branding and identities to stand-out within the competition. Further, the season will be scheduled to commence within the School Holiday period of December - January, with a mixture of day and night fixtures to improve crowd numbers and overall viewership.

CLUB: Each state's premier cricket competition will gain an improvement into the future, to introduce more players into higher levels of cricket and improve the rotation of players within the BBL, Domestic and National sides. A new competition will be created, which allows for the winners of State Premier Cricket to battle against each other for the National Club Championships (NCC). This competition would see 8 sides battle it out to prove their worth as Australia's greatest club side.

In this portfolio, I will feature new designs for the Australian Men's and Women's teams, the MNCL/WNCL and BBL teams, as well as a rundown of the new National Club Championships and how it may have looked in season 22/23.

Enjoy!

- Super

Last edited:

First up the Aussies, entering the next generation of cricketers with a return to old, whilst creating a simple new branding. All designs will be used for the Men's and Women's team.

- The Test kit will see the removal of a chest sponsor (not needed in test cricket), but the addition of the traditional Australian badge. Green serves as the primary colour on the kit, with piping across the shoulders and sleeves, and a small Southern Cross on the collar.

- The ODI kit continues a run of simplistic kits of recent years, now returning royal blue into the piping and side panels. The canary yellow strip features a large southern cross across the front of the design, replicating the 2015 WC shirts, along with prominent Toyota sponsorship across the chest.

- The T20 kit plays into Australia's secondary colour, blended with black primarly featured on the Aussie t20 strip. The mixed gradient design is brought to life through yellow accents and sponsorship, which pop out within the kit and will shine bright under the lights during a match.

Shields
NSW Shield Pres.png
QLD Shield Pres.png SA Shield Pres.png TAS Shield Pres.png Vic Shield Pres.png WA Shield Pres.png

The Sheffield and Rolton-Clark Shields will be played between 6 teams over the summer, each team sharing the same design in their own unique state colours. All states are backed by their own sponsors and will play games out of the State's cricket facility.​

View attachment 1879318
View attachment 1879319View attachment 1879321View attachment 1879322View attachment 1879323View attachment 1879324

The Sheffield and Rolton-Clark Shields will be played between 6 teams over the summer, each team sharing the same design in their own unique state colours. All states are backed by their own sponsors and will play games out of the State's cricket facility.​

Nice work!

Have I seen a couple of those state logos around somewhere before...? ;)

NSW Cup Pres.png QLD Cup Pres.png SA Cup Pres.png TAS Cup Pres.png Vic Cup Pres.png WA Cup Pres.png
The MNCL and WNCL One-Day Cups will be played between 6 states over the summer, each team sharing the same design in their own unique state colours. The One-Day cup design was inspired by former Mercentile Mutual Cup shirts, with varying striping and tertiary colours being primary features of the shirts. All states are backed by their own sponsors and will play games out of the State's cricket facility.​

BBL
Adelaide Strikers Pres.png Brisbane Heat Pres.png Hobart Hurricanes Pres.png Melbourne Renegades Pres.png Melbourne Stars Pres.png Perth Scorchers Back Pres.png Sydney Sixers Pres.png Sydney Thunder Pres.png

The Big Bash League has began to lose it's identity over the past few seasons, with bland and unified jerseys being used amongst teams. The BBL serves as the most exciting and fan engaging competition within Australia, and to maintain it's place each team mst use unique branding which seperates each team from the rest. Each team will use their own primary colour, along with designs that symbolise the teams name and previous kits.​

Well that's it, thanks to everyone for checking out my portfolio, I really hope something like this happens for Cricket Australia in the future. I love my cricket and am personally going along the CA pathway in hopes of getting somewhere into premier cricket along the road. Hopefullly you all enjoyed and most importantly thank you to Freight Train for his logo pack which I used throughout the portfolio, along with his previous Cricket folios which inspired me to start this one. Also a quick shoutout to The Victorian and Zoops who's former works also inspired me to make this folio.

Thanks everyone for viewing, not sure what I'll make next but I can't wait for it

- Super

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back