Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
Guys

Hoping someone on here can assist me, i am searching for a copy of the 1997 round 20 game Essendon v Collingwood at MCG, won by Collingwood by 10 points.

There is nothing on youtube.

I have already tried:

the AFL
the Club
Fox Footy and Kayo
Channel 7
Ebay

Looking for someone who happens to have old games from this era, and will hopefully have it.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated
Thank you

A bombers victory so more likely one of their supporters has retained a copy than ours.

My old man used to have a bookshelf full of videos of games he'd recorded but recently offloaded them to the tip. Even he'd tape over the losses eventually.

A bombers victory so more likely one of their supporters has retained a copy than ours.

My old man used to have a bookshelf full of videos of games he'd recorded but recently offloaded them to the tip. Even he'd tape over the losses eventually.

Pies won this one.

Led by 40 at 3qtr time, Essendon stormed home but fell short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the AFL has half a brain and was well run they would have an on demand Netflix type service and have all their old games.
Would be great but imagine the games are owned by 7

If the AFL has half a brain and was well run they would have an on demand Netflix type service and have all their old games.

If it actually was easy money to be made, I have a feeling the AFL would have done it. I’m no expert, but I would imagine getting access to all the games from every broadcaster and most likely converting it to digital from analog would be a lot of work. I get there are some hardcore fans that would like this, but would there be enough of them out there to justify the cost?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Fox or maybe even Optus had the rights to this as well. Remember watching it on replay on pay-tv at the time. May well have been Optus thinking about it.

Was the year we started 6-2 and fell in a heap. One of the few games we won in back half of the year, albeit we fell in.

Out of curiosity Langers, why the interest in that specific game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back