Steelman

Draftee
Mar 14, 2024
PNW, USA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins, Texas Rangers
Hey y'all. I'm Steelman. I'm a Texan living the in Pacific Northwest now. I'm 33 and had no idea what Aussie football was until this past week when a buddy was reading a list of comparisons from American football for who to root for. Being a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, Richmond was recommended as a similar fan base. I love black and yellow so I adopted the club sight unseen and decided to follow this new season. Having never seen a match before, I watched the opening round match between Sydney and Melbourne and I was hooked on the sport. I've become obsessed, researching as much as I can about the league and clubs. Soaking up the culture while learning about Richmond! What a heartbreaking and also gutsy loss to the Blues! I'm a big noob and don't always know what's going on during the match but I'm loving it!

I'm also a graphic designer and do a lot of sports stuff, mainly ice hockey, but I def want to learn more about jumper design.

Go Tigers!

Cheers!
Steel

Hey y'all. I'm Steelman. I'm a Texan living the in Pacific Northwest now. I'm 33 and had no idea what Aussie football was until this past week when a buddy was reading a list of comparisons from American football for who to root for. Being a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, Richmond was recommended as a similar fan base. I love black and yellow so I adopted the club sight unseen and decided to follow this new season. Having never seen a match before, I watched the opening round match between Sydney and Melbourne and I was hooked on the sport. I've become obsessed, researching as much as I can about the league and clubs. Soaking up the culture while learning about Richmond! What a heartbreaking and also gutsy loss to the Blues! I'm a big noob and don't always know what's going on during the match but I'm loving it!

I'm also a graphic designer and do a lot of sports stuff, mainly ice hockey, but I def want to learn more about jumper design.

Go Tigers!

Cheers!
Steel
Welcome. Check out the footy jumpers and graphic design board

Go Tigers!

Cheers!
Steel
Welcome aboard Steel. Where abouts in the PNW are you based?

Go Tigers!

Cheers!
Steel

Welcome to our great game mate.

Check out USAFL. You might have a club close by where you could head down to for a kick!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Welcome friend. You have probably jumped on the tigers bandwagon a couple of years too late as the glory era appears over 😝

I have been learning that, however it feels appropriate since the glory era appears over for my Pittsburgh fandoms as well, so I guess I'm used to it?

Welcome aboard Steel. Where abouts in the PNW are you based?

I'm in Redding, CA at the moment but I was living in Bend, Oregon previously and hoping to move back soon. :)

Welcome to our great game mate.

Check out USAFL. You might have a club close by where you could head down to for a kick!

Yeah! I found a club in Sacramento which is only a couple hours from me so I might try to go down there this summer and check it out. I'm currently still recovering from an ACL injury from ice hockey but it'd be cool to see the game in person!

Hey y'all. I'm Steelman. I'm a Texan living the in Pacific Northwest now.
Welcome aboard mate.

Go Tigers!
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Yeah! I found a club in Sacramento which is only a couple hours from me so I might try to go down there this summer and check it out. I'm currently still recovering from an ACL injury from ice hockey but it'd be cool to see the game in person!

The Suns are a fantastic group and hopefully you get a chance to get involved with them at some level, even if it's just as a spectator or volunteer. I have contact info for some of the folks there if you need.

Go Tigers!

Cheers!
Steel
It's actually traditional for all steelers fans to barrack for Carlton.
Looking forward to you changing your team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome!

Richmond is a great club, lots of history, big fanbase, decades of disappointment and some recent success. Great colours and one of the best theme songs in the league by all accounts.

There's very little Aussie football roots in the USA but I believe Mason Cox was going to encourage some kids to try it out over there.

Welcome Steelman! Don't listen to those Carlton supporters, their team has been s**t for 25 years. Yes, they are going ok right now, but it will turn back to reality for them sooner than later! ;)

Welcome Steelman! Don't listen to those Carlton supporters, their team has been s**t for 25 years. Yes, they are going ok right now, but it will turn back to reality for them sooner than later! ;)
What he’s saying is that Carlton is still more relevant than Dallas.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

I have been learning that, however it feels appropriate since the glory era appears over for my Pittsburgh fandoms as well, so I guess I'm used to it?

I'm in Redding, CA at the moment but I was living in Bend, Oregon previously and hoping to move back soon. :)

Gday Mate
It up to you who you support but spread the word about Aussie Rules especially supporting it more Americans who follow the game the better and hopefully a game or 2 in the USA every year down the track if support gets bigger.

Go Tigers!

Cheers!
Steel
Hey man, thats awesome you love the game. Welcome to the forum. Lots here to explore, legends, flogs and everyone in between!!!

Go Tigers!

Cheers!
Steel

Welcome to the board mate hope you have a joyous experience with out great game!

Go Pens!

Hay Steelman
Glad you have taken interest in Australian Rules Football it’s the only game that we can run jump kick and tackle for over 2 hours

Pittsburgh are still recording seasons above .500 and making playoffs, mate. Have also been thereabouts for an extended period.

Richmond have recently had 5 good years in 4 decades of filth. Admittedly, they were outstanding in that very short period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back