Analysis Derek Hine

Remove this Banner Ad

Even I could have picked Moore jmac.......stop being silly.

I am talking about keeping Gault forever on our list........I am talking about getting rid of Cloke without a contingency........I am talking about getting rid of Shaw without a ready made player in his important modern day position..........do I need to keep going on?

Out team is unbalanced because of our list manger D.Hine..........next........
The OP was a tweet from Matt complaining about our lack of quality players under 22.

Power full forwards don't grow on trees CFC, plus Hine would be given a list of requirements and would have to shop within those parameters.

I swear this site is getting as bad as the Richmond site was a couple of years ago.

I get that jonbe54 and I am not being the typical supporter to lay the boots in.

He WAS the list manager and he has failed at that role IMO......at the end of the day if didn't agree with "parameters" set then he should have spoken up.

He could be a great recruiter but he is a s**t list manager.

Yes but most coaches actually listen to their list managers, there is no ******* way in hell Hine drafted or recruited all the hacks we've got over the last 7 years on his own, Buckley is a micro manager, this is a very well known fact.
Any proof that he force Hine to take the players drafted that he probably never seen live, big stretch there. But would have a say in fa players, but in all aspects it will come down to the list manager as he has said. But l get that you don't believe that, and have to blame every thing on the coach

The OP was a tweet from Matt complaining about our lack of quality players under 22.

I get that jmac70 but Matt also said recently our "list manager" was a gonna......I was just highlighting his mistakes in list management in his role.

I'm so confused... You claim that Hine and Co are gone after draft based on a tweet by, no offense mattys123 , a Bigfooty poster?
WOW.... Talk about putting 1 and 2 together and coming back with an apple.

DeGoey, Scharenberg, Philips, McLarty, Daicos, Kirby, Moore... All of these kids will make it. Who cares that they're not selected in some rubbish AA team. We all know they're biased against Collingwood anyway.

Any proof that he force Hine to take the players drafted that he probably never seen live, big stretch there. But would have a say in fa players, but in all aspects it will come down to the list manager as he has said. But l get that you don't believe that, and have to blame every thing on the coach
Coaches fail for a variety of reasons, all i'm saying is Hine had a cracking track record pre Buckley, then it all turned to s**t, Hine (IMO) was told to only recruit hard nosed contested players to fit in with Buckley's game plan, skills were secondary, that is why we are where we are.

Why after the draft? Why not before? Why would you shoot a bloke, bang, and then drive him to the bloody hospital?

Exactly why let a bloke stay who knows he isn't getting a contract and could * our selections, this club really do operate in a backwards way.

I'm so confused... You claim that Hine and Co are gone after draft based on a tweet by, no offense mattys123 , a Bigfooty poster?
WOW.... Talk about putting 1 and 2 together and coming back with an apple.

DeGoey, Scharenberg, Philips, McLarty, Daicos, Kirby, Moore... All of these kids will make it. Who cares that they're not selected in some rubbish AA team. We all know they're biased against Collingwood anyway.

No offense wicksy but I would back what that poster mattys123 says over many so called posters and journalists out there.

He knows his stuff.......and he is more than just a Bigfooty poster as you implied.

Our team is unbalanced because of our list manger D.Hine..........next........

I've head Derek Hine speak in a bit of detail about how he operates (as I'm sure many others have)

It was a while ago now, and it seems that he's got a bit of a different role these days.

But my strong impression was that "this guy gets it" and "this guy really knows what he's doing".

Now I've got no idea about talent identification. If I had a choice between drafting Brodie Grundy or Cameron Wood I'd probably stuff it up.

But what I do know is that when I hear a recruiter discussing how he runs feedback loops on recruitment to refine his systems and drive a program of continuous improvement ...

... then that makes total sense to me. It gives me much more confidence than anything I've heard anyone else at Collingwood talk about.

"There was a bit of a mixup in the Mayne recruitment" is not consistent at all with the way that Hine runs his shop.

I've head Derek Hine speak in a bit of detail about how he operates (as I'm sure many others have)

It was a while ago now, and it seems that he's got a bit of a different role these days.

But my strong impression was that "this guy gets it" and "this guy really knows what he's doing".

Now I've got no idea about talent identification. If I had a choice between drafting Brodie Grundy or Cameron Wood I'd probably stuff it up.

But what I do know is that when I hear a recruiter discussing how he runs feedback loops on recruitment to refine his systems and drive a program of continuous improvement ...

... then that makes total sense to me. It gives me much more confidence than anything I've heard anyone else at Collingwood talk about.

"There was a bit of a mixup in the Mayne recruitment" is not consistent at all with the way that Hine runs his shop.

You gotta know your limitations 76 it's as simple as that.

By the way did Hine say their was a mixup up with Mayne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hine has lost it. Been saying it for a long time. Can't remember the last time he did any good in a draft and always trying to get these stupid left field picks.

It's all very well and good for teams that didn't trade out their first round pick two years in a row for Adam Treloar ...

... but how many players can you name who went later in their drafts, and who are better than ...

Smith
Maynard
Langdon
Grundy
Phillips
Wills

... there'll be a few, but there wouldn't be many.

No offense wicksy but I would back what that poster mattys123 says over many so called posters and journalists out there.

He knows his stuff.......and he is more than just a Bigfooty poster as you implied.

He's a writer... I've been here long enough to remember when he got his first big break.
This does not make what he's saying true anymore than if Robbo spewed it up with his bourbon on AFL 360 tonight.

You gotta know your limitations 76 it's as simple as that.

Oh, I know that ... don't put me in charge of list management! :)

By the way did Hine say their was a mixup up with Mayne?

Buckley did.

The off season is always fun on BF, keyboard warriors trashing everyone at the club from the pres to the friggin bootstudder.

Are you Jonathan Bernard? I've always thought yes... you've claimed no but come on... you are right?

He's a writer... I've been here long enough to remember when he got his first big break.
This does not make what he's saying true anymore than if Robbo spewed it up with his bourbon on AFL 360 tonight.

Mattys123 and Robbo in the same sentence in offensive IMO.

He goes to all the VFL games and AFL Pies games and he is totally committed to our Club more than most on here.

Sorry if I take notice when he says something..........by the way I haven't had any bourbon tonight.

Mattys123 and Robbo in the same sentence in offensive IMO.

He goes to all the VFL games and AFL Pies games and he is totally committed to our Club more than most on here.

Sorry if I take notice when he says something..........by the way I haven't had any bourbon tonight.

I would just like to preface what I'm about to say with the fact that I watch all of our AFL games every year.

Eddie is about to be sacked and will be replaced, effective immediately, by Heretier Lumumba.

See what I mean.

I would just like to preface what I'm about to say with the fact that I watch all of our AFL games every year.

Eddie is about to be sacked and will be replaced, effective immediately, by Heretier Lumumba.

See what I mean.

It's ok not to agree now your just being a dickhead.

Carry on.

How exactly does that explain our investment of 1 pick inside the top 50 of drafts on KPP's whilst he was the list manager? Unfortunately he and others put too much stock in the likes of White, Cox, Richmond, Wyatt and Gault as KPF's and kept investing in smaller players. It lead to an unhealthy imbalance on the list.

Fortunately that can be fixed easily by an astute list manager that just trades one of our abundance of mids for a tall or selection to find a tall on top of pick 6 going towards another, but the damage was done well before Mayne was brought in over Hine's head by Gubby.

I'd just like to echo the thoughts of some others and that if rumour is fact we haven't lost anything in terms of list management only talent ID. I'm also going to choose to ignore the garbage about Ed being on the list management committee. Not even he's that stupidly arrogant!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back