Hird to have his say

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a difficult time for him and I expect him to one day own up to it.
Eventually they all do.
As we grow older the burden of truth eventually weighs us down so much that there is nothing left but the 'truth'.
He will have his Lance/Oprah moment,just don't expect it tomorrow.
But it will come,guaranteed.
i dont think Hird will ever own up to it. The difference between Armstrong and Hird is that Armstrong was putting the s**t into his own arm, not 30+ other people. Tania would have told James that if he ever admits to wrong doing then he will probably lose every cent in the bank.

Even if the dirty cheating shithead went broke in the future and had nothing to lose, he still wouldnt admit guilt in the doping scandal simply because his ego is the biggest that has ever existed in the AFL.

You know what would be really funny?

If all of Tracey Holmes' guff was just a front to trick Hird into doing an interview with her, and then she gets there and hits him with both barrels tomorrow night.

I might watch on the 0.0001% chance that this is true.

I agree with the % calculation, but my mind does go back to a famous interview Ted Kennedy did (in 1979) prior to announcing his intention to run for US President.

He anticipated the (pre-recorded) interview, with a friend of the Kennedy family, would essentially be a puff piece, to boost his popularity, instead the interviewer (ironically named Mudd) asked Teddy about Chappaquiddick and his personal life. Kennedy was totally unprepared and the interview was a disaster.

Ted then asked for a second go, which was agreed to so long as the first interview could also be aired.
In the second Mudd asked Kennedy why he wanted to be President. Cue another disastrous response.

CBS put a special to air, incorporating the 2 interviews, damaging Kennedy's Presidential run beyond repair.
Jimmy Carter won the Democratic nomination and Ted never ran for President again.

We can but hope (almost surely forlornly) that Tracey has some Mudd about her.

I want to know Hird's exccuse for his role in the Protocol for allowed supplements. How does he criticize Dean Robinson, and let himself off the hook?

Dean Robinson could say the same as Hird, that he trusted people. They both had the same duty. Read the protocol.

Dank: "I injected players with Hird's full knowledge. I trusted that he approved. I'll never trust any one again."

We can only assume this.

Don't forget we did see emails from Hird telling Robinson about WADA compliant.

Whether or not its arse covering we won't know, and we can only make our own assumptions.

What is clear is that Hird definitely organised the program with Thompson, who knew Robinson.

Thats is fact from the AFL statement of charges.

We would never really know the truth, maybe one day we will.

Something that still bothers me.

If the AFL dragged Hird into AFL house in 2011 after Albert spoke to an ASADA tester about peptides, first it shows Albert was already planning something, maybe the link was with Charters.

And if they did, how the hell did the AFL not keep surveillance on Essendon in 2012?

It makes no sense, they surely would have kept tabs on him and Essendon after this point.

So no doubt Hird wanted this program. And no doubt Dank rolled him, or the other scenario is James decided to ignore the obvious problems and hope for there best.

Short of hiring private detectives to hang out at EFC and report back what was happening behind closed doors, how could the AFL possibly monitors EFC 'black ops' programme? Its impossible to expect them to have been have such information in a timely way to do anything before it was already too late.
EFC were, quite clearly, undertaking their own little conspiracy on this: and when a club colludes to do this in the way, there is no way to prevent it:

I would put it this way: I worked in finance for a long time. In that time I uncovered 3 financial frauds by staff. In each case, the fraud was achieved by two or more people colluding to get around the controls and procedures and commit the theft. IF people collude, there is no procedure, rule or monitoring that can prevent the fraud before it happens. It is impossible. No company can prevent fraud.
The only thing an organisation can do is to have mechanisms to detect and catch the fraud after its happened. Likewise the AFL could not prevent EFC conspiring to break the rules: but its role was to be able detect it; which is did - even up to the point of telling them they better self report!

The players didn't set out to cheat.

They were coerced into cheating by their handlers in the Football Dept, who did set out to cheat.

A coersion that 34 players found too hard to resist.
Take this blue pill and be a dill.(yes I'm aware!:rolleyes:)
Take this red pill and I will lead you to glory.
We 'KNOW' which pill they chose,'straight outta Hirds hand'.
* the players were coerced broken record,intact needle rhetoric.
It's boring media/pr nonsense on stilts.

i dont think Hird will ever own up to it. The difference between Armstrong and Hird is that Armstrong was putting the s**t into his own arm, not 30+ other people. Tania would have told James that if he ever admits to wrong doing then he will probably lose every cent in the bank.

Even if the dirty cheating shithead went broke in the future and had nothing to lose, he still wouldnt admit guilt in the doping scandal simply because his ego is the biggest that has ever existed in the AFL.

Armstrong forced some of his teammates to dope from what I can remember.

Worked on it with a friend who put it up on our respective FB pages and on the Shovel...my bits are the meme, the middle bit and the end, some changes made for the Shovel. I took out the curse words for Big Footy, I post a lot of stuff on there, mostly entertainment, bands etc. It's what i do.

In that case, well done sir. And apologies for looking out for your creative content :)

How long before the mini-series comes out?
Not long now:
72627_608214785870612_2120057230_n.jpg

She will be crucified if it's more a backrub than an interview.

Either she asks some real questions and we get good TV, or she doesn't and she gets smashed for it on Monday. Win-win.

Hard to ask a serious question when you're busy fellating the interviewee!

Its going to be bunch of Dorothy Dixers giving Jimmy a platform to say its not his fault and everybody is innocent and the AFL, ASADA, WADA, the government, the public and the members are all corrupt...oh and I mention its not my fault.

Should just do the interview tonight...as a sketch on SNL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good point, the players obviously. However the CAS documents state on a number of occasions that the club's intention was not to use banned substances. That isnt about the players per say

The CAS documents merely state what was contained in the circumstantial evidence, it doesn't make a judgement on the intentions of the club. There is a big difference.

if hird wants a sliding doors moment, its during the vlad vs Albert wars, when he took a dump on doc reid's head. fast forward and he's testifying for wada.
I wonder how that is going down over in Bomber land?

And that 'protocol' is clearly bullshit; every business has documentation and procedure statements that aren't worth the paper they are written on - they are pure arse covering exercising, and that's what this is.

A proctocol to placate Reid, and anyone else concerned, by appearing to have a clear structure and process in place....

And then doing whatever the * you want behind the scenes.

Short of hiring private detectives to hang out at EFC and report back what was happening behind closed doors, how could the AFL possibly monitors EFC 'black ops' programme? Its impossible to expect them to have been have such information in a timely way to do anything before it was already too late.
EFC were, quite clearly, undertaking their own little conspiracy on this: and when a club colludes to do this in the way, there is no way to prevent it:

I would put it this way: I worked in finance for a long time. In that time I uncovered 3 financial frauds by staff. In each case, the fraud was achieved by two or more people colluding to get around the controls and procedures and commit the theft. IF people collude, there is no procedure, rule or monitoring that can prevent the fraud before it happens. It is impossible. No company can prevent fraud.
The only thing an organisation can do is to have mechanisms to detect and catch the fraud after its happened. Likewise the AFL could not prevent EFC conspiring to break the rules: but its role was to be able detect it; which is did - even up to the point of telling them they better self report!

the issue with the afl is that they have established some blurred lines with integrity such as the tanking. they did with Melbourne come to the rescue, in that environment I can understand how Essendon would think that the afl can fix things for them if it gets bad. I remember bomber after btgid saying words to the effect 'they could've helped us out we're a family'.

the afl can't stop doping with players, monitor best you can. but the team wide environment should never happen, if they took a hard line with integrity Essendon would've been well aware that if you stuff up you're on your own.

after that your right, if clubs want to dope they will.

Great find.

I doubt Hamilton was involved in this at all, it was Hird's baby - everyone knows it.

From Chip's book Corcoran's wife became seriously ill in October 2011 and died in December so during the start of Dank's reign at EFC to say Corcoran wasn't focused on what was happening is likely an understatement.

He did warn Hird from France in January when Doc Reid was throwing his weight around about doping and injections.

Bomber Thomson said three people drove the program, Robinson, Dank and Hird.

wait... someone in the media will pipe up with this questioning why he would pay Charter 8k for vitamins.

and then they will roll out the video of Charter saying he had prepared many AFL players on a diet of roids... and then list the ones we know he trained

I mean inverted commas trained, "trained"... <cough cough> Wowoedin, Darcy, West, Garlick.

If I was one of the other players who got gear off Charter, I would certainly hope Albert just STFU and goes away. And how many counsel of his are not yes-men? Why does not someone remind him that Armstrong pissed LAndis off and other cycling people off so much by being an utter cnut and political campaigner, that when Landis goes off-piste and goes to the authorities everyone turns states(evidence) and supergrass(es, I am neologism'ing creating verbs here)... and Armstrong is up s**t creek with his doping...

Why did no one tell Albert, that Armstrong lost everything, by pushing it a little too far. You need to know when to just fold. Albert is like Armstrong, and just keeps on pushing.

Well someone is gonna put 2 and 2 together in the media and bust his drug PED ways when he was playing. A devils advocate for Hird is, all the champions and premiership teams in his era were also roiding. So I got no problem with it. I just think he should have better counsel because someone will take him down now he is no longer powerful with a compliant media in his corner and protecting the game and the fantasy that good players dont do drugs and the AFL is clean. my arse.
MaddAdam was is the silver or lead phrase in latin?

I agree. But my view goes one step further in that he may well have been aware that they were probably going over the edge - but feigned ignorance.

So not the evil mastermind that some think - but also not just a poor innocent dude whose only crime is naivety.

In my opinion.

Feigned ignorance to probably going over the edge doesn't wash with me. IMO more like Charters assured him the gear they were going to inject into the players couldn't be picked up in testing. Hexarelin and CJC... were at the club and most likely used prior to Charters coming on board and advising they weren't the drugs to be using to avoid testing processes.

Hird imo was assured they couldn't pick up the drugs being used. Damn ACC ruined it for him.

Part 2 of Hird's version of the truth will include Andrew Demetriou tipping off Essendon about the investigation into the club.

Remember that this was the bombshell he was going to drop which would have absolved the club of any wrongdoing.

Instead, it just forced Demetriou to resign, which did nothing for Essendon.

I never understood the part where Hird went the AFL for tipping them off, and being more focused on 'spin and PR' than facts...

Given they tipped them off that their doping program had been discovered, and the PR and Spin was designed to PROTECT Essendon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back