Historical AFL match replays on tv

Remove this Banner Ad

BartBart

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Use this thread to notify others of WCE matches from previous seasons being replayed on tv.

I'll start by reminding people that 3:45am tomorrow (i.e. Wed morning) is the 1991 Prelim Final on Seven 2 (CH72) WCE v Geelong. Just remember that the channels are supposed to be notorious on not having the time correct.

yes 7 degrees at half time ! I was there had larinjitis . We won a great game spent the week in Melborne after the game , next morning took an early morning walk 5am around some massive park and gardens in Yarra somewhere wearing my Eagles Scarf ( because bloody freezin ) on the way back Police Car stops me for some unknown reason ( Im not in the underworld ! ) gets out of the car and tells me to take my Scarf off not allowed around here ! Shat myself for a while until huge grin follows on policemans face hops back in the car and drives off laughing . Ha Ha bastard quite funny really but wasnt that experienced in Melbourne and had no idea how they operate in this city !

Went to Grand Final following week and we have seats right behind Shirley Staughn of Skyhooks fame ( Was a big Hawthiorn Fan ) , anyway we lost the GF .

Use this thread to notify others of WCE matches from previous seasons being replayed on tv.

I'll start by reminding people that 3:45am tomorrow (i.e. Wed morning) is the 1991 Prelim Final on Seven 2 (CH72) WCE v Geelong. Just remember that the channels are supposed to be notorious on not having the time correct.

Have been recording them over the past few weeks, brilliant watching.

Very true about the start times changing... I recorded the 1992 elimination final V Hawthorn and Subi, missed the last 10 minutes.

I am now recording the program that follows the game, that way you are guaranteed to see the ending!

Next WCE replay:

AFL Frantic Finishes

1995 Round 21: West Coast v Carlton
1.30am – 3.30am 7TWO
Monday 15 March 2010

(not sure how accurate the times are)

Is this the game decided by the Tony Evans kick through the goals to force a behind that Williams claimed and conned the goal umpire?

Next WCE replay:

AFL Frantic Finishes

1995 Round 21: West Coast v Carlton
1.30am – 3.30am 7TWO
Monday 15 March 2010

(not sure how accurate the times are)

Is this the game decided by the Tony Evans kick through the goals to force a behind that Williams claimed and conned the goal umpire?

SPOILER ALERT :p

No that was a game at Princes Park.

The game mentioned was one of the best games of footy I have attended (it was at Subi) that my team lost.

It was 1995, Carlton were awesome that year and it was 2 weeks from the end of the season (we were 5th and trying to make 4th). It was the reigning premiers (us) against the (almost) unbeatable Blues and it was a brilliant game.

Roo was close to BOG and Ash Macintosh kicked 4 or 5! Well worth watching...

SPOILER ALERT :p

No that was a game at Princes Park.

The game mentioned was one of the best games of footy I have attended (it was at Subi) that my team lost.

It was 1995, Carlton were awesome that year and it was 2 weeks from the end of the season (we were 5th and trying to make 4th). It was the reigning premiers (us) against the (almost) unbeatable Blues and it was a brilliant game.

Roo was close to BOG and Ash Macintosh kicked 4 or 5! Well worth watching...

Yeah, for those that have never seen it this is a fantastic game, even though we did lose in the end!

Two games involving WCE this week.

(Both on 72)
Friday 9 April
(most probably haven't ever seen this one or have a copy of it)
1:30AM 1994 Grand Final
WCE v Geelong

Saturday 10 April
1:30AM 1999 First Qualifying Final
WB v WCE

Two games involving WCE this week.

(Both on 72)
Friday 9 April
(most probably haven't ever seen this one or have a copy of it)
1:30AM 1994 Grand Final
WCE v Geelong

Saturday 10 April
1:30AM 1999 First Qualifying Final
WB v WCE

Kind of crap these have been shown about 3 months ago seems like they are just repeating them. Hopefully they have more matches in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am looking for old west coast games v hawthorn if anyone can help me, the games i am looking for are:

1989 preseason game - west coast won by 1 point, paul peos kicks a point to win the game after scores had been level, and then it was a case of next score won.
1990 at wacca - west coast won by 23 points
1991 subiaco - west coast won by 4 goals
1992 vfl park - west coast won by 14 points

any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back