Hobart F.C at the cross roads

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes there is. North Hobart players have no time for Hobart players. Hobart players have no time for North Hobart players. quote]
utter rubbish, on game day they play hard but no personal issues, especially with C Brown not involved anymore. I think you will find there are quite a few guys from both sides who are good mates:)

as for the Manchester example?? those clubs are a lot older and steeped in much more tradition than little o'l Tassie footy my friend, poor example, better one would be Burnie and Cooee, oh wait, that worked didn't it!

Have heard an interesting story this morning regarding a Hobart player and a player from a club that the Hobart players definately do not like, pretty serious with AFL Tas already involved and Stubbsy is all over it:eek: heard it from Nth Hobart person whom is mates with a Hobart supporter(they hate each other really).

I also read a dig about not scoring a goal on Sat in a previous post. The club had half their team out and just werent skilled enough but had a crack just as much as the pies who had a real dip as well, not a real lot between both teams except for 4 straight kicks or opportunities or whatever, if anything the weather disadvantaged Hobart more with their skill level being less than the pies whom have 3/4 very skilled players.

Also is it only me or did nobody see the hit on Quirk after the halftime siren, he'd been awarded a 50m penalty which took him to around 50m out and was jogging forward to take his kick when a Glenorchy player ran in and cleaned him up good and proper, the noise at ground level was pretty loud and not one of the 3 umpires did a thing, the one behind the action was about 10m away, saw it happen and just stood there! should have been double 50m penalty and a goal making it a goal apiece I believe at half time:confused: 2nd half may have been a little different then?

Watched it on the TV replay when I got home and thawed out and even the comentators questioned it at the time? Cassidy got 4 weeks, this hit was worth about 12 weeks, mind you Hobart don't sook to AFL Tas about this sort of stuff like the pies;)

Its time for Hobart to consider a merge with Nth Hobart and to be known as the Nth Hobart Tigers Fc aligned with Sandy Bay juniors. Play games out of Nth Hobart oval.

New clubrooms built on the standing terraces.

Football is the winner and two famous old clubs remain intact.

Its fair to say there is no real hatred between the two clubs and i challenge anyone to come up with a better solution to the crisis that is building for both clubs.

Come on Mr Perry you know your club is also facing big challenges and all is not rosy so give the boys at the TCA a ring, get everyone round the table and see if it can be a goer.

Duff please. This is just another stupid idea from yourself!

Just proving to us all you actually know stuff all about football!

No hatred? Have you been to any Nth Hobart v Hobart games of late Duff?

What would happen to Nth Hobart Juniors? If this supposed super team is to be aligned with Sandy Bay?

Sorry Duff. Bad call. Horrible call. Not thought through call.

Have heard an interesting story this morning regarding a Hobart player and a player from a club that the Hobart players definately do not like, pretty serious with AFL Tas already involved and Stubbsy is all over it:eek: heard it from Nth Hobart person whom is mates with a Hobart supporter(they hate each other really).

Come on DOSACHOKER give us a little bit more...

I also read a dig about not scoring a goal on Sat in a previous post.

I wouldnt call it a dig old boy. Its FACT, they didnt kick a goal for the match. They may have had a few out, but who doesnt at this time of the year???

Come on DOSACHOKER give us a little bit more...
sorry denny44 but it is being investigated by AFL Tas, the media will reveal all unless AFL Tas do its usual and sweep under the carpet. It is pretty serious however so hope it wont be ignored.

I also read a dig about not scoring a goal on Sat in a previous post.

I wouldnt call it a dig old boy. Its FACT, they didnt kick a goal for the match. They may have had a few out, but who doesnt at this time of the year???

yeh true they didn't, you obviously missed the Quirk incident which would have been at least 1 if the umpires did their job properly, common give them a break, who doesn't have players out, well everyone does true enough but 11 senior players and who do they backfill with? Scott Dickson played as they had no one else available and he has only recently pulled on the boots for OVA in the past month (mind you he proved a good foil for Willing in the ruck, smashed spencer) they are playing kids who are literally kids, their colts is almost an u/16 team

sorry denny44 but it is being investigated by AFL Tas, the media will reveal all unless AFL Tas do its usual and sweep under the carpet. It is pretty serious however so hope it wont be ignored.

Would you be able to tell us what the incident was?? Dont have to name players clubs etc

So let me get this right, because AFL tas are investigating, your not allowed to say anything?

This talk of hatred is utter rubbish. Healthy rivaly more likely.

A hbt/nth Hbt merger done properly woud create a power house and success would follow.

End of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was interested when I heard on the weekend a high profile Hobart player tell me he would rather merge with North than play in SFL. I thought it interesting as I had no idea AFLTAS was to speak to the clubs last night.

Yes there is. North Hobart players have no time for Hobart players. Hobart players have no time for North Hobart players. quote]
utter rubbish, on game day they play hard but no personal issues, especially with C Brown not involved anymore. I think you will find there are quite a few guys from both sides who are good mates:)

as for the Manchester example?? those clubs are a lot older and steeped in much more tradition than little o'l Tassie footy my friend, poor example, better one would be Burnie and Cooee, oh wait, that worked didn't it!

DOSACHOKER you are kidding yourself! Or maybe remove your own hands from around your neck and get some blook circulating through that head of yours. Is there not a photo of the final score between Hobart and Nth Hobart from the final round in 2009 hanging in the Tig's rooms????? I think you will find that has been put up as a reminder the hobart players how much they love beating Nth as they have no time and respect for them!

Ps, saw C.Brown and Jake Briggs out together the satedee after Brown got the ass, so not sure where your going with that!

Horrible news about Hobarts ultimatum. Hoping the heirarchy can sort through this and come to a logical decision. No one wants to move to Huon or merge with North. Except for Football Tas that is...

As far as i know this is the Current situation:

- AFL Tas wants one club in the city (seems to prefer North Hobart)
- Hobart council will only spend money at one of the grounds (seems to be TCA)
- Huon region top be represnted by 2014. They have two grounds but not much else.
- Darren Perry comes out in the Mercury and outlines the positives from a merger with Hobart (does he know something we dont?)
- Hobart dont want to move or merge as do North from what i understand.

AFL Tas want 1 city club. From todays paper that will be North Hobart.

So, unless Hobart merge with North, or move to Kingston, they'll be back in the SFL?

Is this something Hobart FC would consider? Or would they prefer a merge or relocation over a demotion to the SFL?

DOSACHOKER you are kidding yourself! Or maybe remove your own hands from around your neck and get some blook circulating through that head of yours. Is there not a photo of the final score between Hobart and Nth Hobart from the final round in 2009 hanging in the Tig's rooms????? I think you will find that has been put up as a reminder the hobart players how much they love beating Nth as they have no time and respect for them!

Ps, saw C.Brown and Jake Briggs out together the satedee after Brown got the ass, so not sure where your going with that!

Read your post my friend, firstly you tell me I am an idiot and have no idea then you talk about Briggs and Browny being mates?? Didn't Browny play for Nth and didn't the Hobart players supposedly hate him? Most of what goes on in the game stays out there, most blokes from most teams are all the same just want to win!

AFL Tas wouldn't do a thing like that...... :rolleyes:
well lets put it this way, funny how something that would embarrass the league and one of its Flagship clubs and that Stubbs knows about and every player in Hobart pretty much knows about hasn't made the press yet but all of a sudden AFL Tas are in to Hobart about relocation or a merger:cool: you be the judge.

Scott Wade speak miss truths regularly and his little mate Stubbs feeds them to his collegues and they get printed? AFL Tas through Shaun Young (Wades new bully boy) states in the Mercury today that
"But you can't ignore the new facility at Kingborough and the general feeling from other other clubs is that Hobart should relocate and that the Hobart municipality can't sustain two teams."

What general feeling amongst other clubs, just because you say it Shaun is it true? where's the proof? Where is the business case that Hobart cannot support 2 city based clubs yet Launny can support 3?

Personally I believe both clubs should merge, have done for a while because I know how Wade operates so it is "afait compli" but the Tigers should never go to Kingston, at least a city based merger will ensure the club survives in some capacity, a move to Kingston means death, Hobart cannot be based in Kingston, they are both city's, can't happen.

Back to the original issue, lets just ay if it were in the AFL it would be huge news! and no im Duthie and Ricky Nixon are not involved;)

Read your post my friend, firstly you tell me I am an idiot and have no idea then you talk about Briggs and Browny being mates?? Didn't Browny play for Nth and didn't the Hobart players supposedly hate him? Most of what goes on in the game stays out there, most blokes from most teams are all the same just want to win!

Well flog. The majority of players at the tacca have no time for the blokes at North, they are a pack of big heads and always have been well before Geappen was coaching. You were making it sound like they are all chummy chummy off the field, which they are not, yes a few are including the former coach of North. You are talking sh*t. North can stay at North.

AFL Tas want 1 city club. From todays paper that will be North Hobart.

So, unless Hobart merge with North, or move to Kingston, they'll be back in the SFL?

Is this something Hobart FC would consider? Or would they prefer a merge or relocation over a demotion to the SFL?

No secret darren is very close with a few from AFL tas. Lead to believe he met with Lance 6 weeks ago. Coincedental that Lance has close relationships with Hobart and the players, moves in immediately as caretaker coach of North and now it's reported in the mercury that AFL tas want a merger and Perry is backing it. Smells like this has been cooking for some time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back