Holding the Ball Online Management Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

my game finished up with 21 rushed behinds, 99.9% of which were going through for goals. not to mention that about the same amount were marked on the line as well. finished up with 21 goals for the game, could've been at least 50!

my game finished up with 21 rushed behinds, 99.9% of which were going through for goals. not to mention that about the same amount were marked on the line as well. finished up with 21 goals for the game, could've been at least 50!
You were robbed thats for sure ! I had 27 rushed behinds - the Stars FF - Dumay had 39 kicks - took 22 marks and kicked 36 straight goals for the game ! How silly is that !

You were robbed thats for sure ! I had 27 rushed behinds - the Stars FF - Dumay had 39 kicks - took 22 marks and kicked 36 straight goals for the game ! How silly is that !

na its probably a good thing that i didnt kick 50! that woulda been sillier than kicking 36 straight..... ok maybe not...

I was certain that I was going to get done in my league match against a human team, playing lots of 2nd string players and trailing by 3 goals a 3q time, 99-116. boys looked flat all game and my tactics seem largely ineffective.

things are much worse at the 3 minute mark of the 4th, with the score now 99 - 129, all seems lost...

I miraculously sneak one through as the clock reads 5 minutes, i'm still alive... just, 105 - 129.

after a long spell of congested footy, my opponents eek through what seems to be the deciding goal. The score stands at 105-135 with nearly 11 minutes of time elapsed. Thousands of Dogs supporters begin to gush out of the ground in disgust.

and then, it happens... something clicks with the dogs and they pile on 8 . 2 to 0 . 0 in the next 9 minutes to run away 20 point winners 155 - 135. Remarkable... (or ridiculous?)

Hasseldine the hero on the day, the 21 year old prodigy kicking 15 of the Dogs' 24 goals, sloting a timely 6.1 in side the last 15 minutes of the match.

yeah, the ME is mental at the moment.

but i guess you playing bots is like hawthorn playing a country b grade team.

i think dunstall kicked 17 in afl once, lockett kicked 16.0 in afl one day, so i could see buddy franklin slotting 30 against amateurs if the tactics were like yours.

just remembered that your a bombers supporter, what are your feelings on all the drama?

yeah, the ME is mental at the moment.

but i guess you playing bots is like hawthorn playing a country b grade team.

i think dunstall kicked 17 in afl once, lockett kicked 16.0 in afl one day, so i could see buddy franklin slotting 30 against amateurs if the tactics were like yours.

just remembered that your a bombers supporter, what are your feelings on all the drama?

Ha yeah Essendon is my team. It hard to really know whats going on anymore but at least the good thing is that we will all know the truth once they go to court and stop all this cloke and dagger stuff. Good on Hird for standing up for himself.
As for the peps and the needles who really knows .......

have marks have been nerfed again?

oc2ll.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing that tony has been playing with ME and website ! I logged onto it Sunday night and my team has reset itself ! How did u go in the 1st quarter ?

what you mean your team reset itself?? as in your lineup was reset, or your tactics as well?

not bad in the first quarter, although not as dominant over the bots as you guys are! think i was up by about 40-50? one of my onballers is going through a terrible patch of form atm tho. i considered dropping him after the last game where he got like 9 touches for the whole game, but gave him another shot. he only got 1 touch in the first (other rover had 13, and their positioning is mirrored) :mad:

keep giving him a spray between quarters and he keeps responding positively, but he's still sucking it up. gonna drop him if he doesnt lift!

what you mean your team reset itself?? as in your lineup was reset, or your tactics as well?

not bad in the first quarter, although not as dominant over the bots as you guys are! think i was up by about 40-50? one of my onballers is going through a terrible patch of form atm tho. i considered dropping him after the last game where he got like 9 touches for the whole game, but gave him another shot. he only got 1 touch in the first (other rover had 13, and their positioning is mirrored) :mad:

keep giving him a spray between quarters and he keeps responding positively, but he's still sucking it up. gonna drop him if he doesnt lift!

Ive been finding that logging on and my team list has been wiped clean and I have to select my team again. The players positions are untouched which is good though :thumbsu:

The marking thing is giving me a pain after tony tinkering again. Ive lost count the number of times a player takes a mark in the goal square and then its a rush behind .....

Is your doggy onballer Rod Briscoe ? Having a look at his stats he looks fairly average overall. Have you tried him as a defender ? He got average trait for the loose ball and high aggression so he may work well in the back pocket or even forward pocket for a quarter. He looks like an onballer dud though :(

Ive been finding that logging on and my team list has been wiped clean and I have to select my team again. The players positions are untouched which is good though :thumbsu:

The marking thing is giving me a pain after tony tinkering again. Ive lost count the number of times a player takes a mark in the goal square and then its a rush behind .....

Is your doggy onballer Rod Briscoe ? Having a look at his stats he looks fairly average overall. Have you tried him as a defender ? He got average trait for the loose ball and high aggression so he may work well in the back pocket or even forward pocket for a quarter. He looks like an onballer dud though :(

he was an onballer stud previously!! last season he was racking up the possies like crazy. i'm gonna drop him next game (or maybe relegate to the interchange) and see what happens.

i dont unlock the games against bots so he's gonna have his chance to redeem himself. 0 touches in the 2nd quarter.....

gave another team talk, gave him neutral and he responded well to that as well. he's just not following the play or going for the loose ball like he usually does. form really does play a part in things!

Cheltenham Carbines 20.11 (131) Vs. 11.5 (71) Hutt Street Warriors

defense ain't coping to well when they get the ball inside 50
however my team is destroying their defensive line

leading goal kickers

(FP) Harris Boyce 1
(FF) Mark Pengelly 12 :)
(FP) Orson Brough 2
(CHF) Casey Lete 3
(I) Travis Fearns 1
(I) Christian Deering 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back