Media Honk For A Hunj

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
126716.jpg

When DenieD approached me to say a few words about GWS Goose playing his 100th Sweet FA match I thought what better way to celebrate the great man than to steal the idea for myself and take the credit. After all, that’s what Goose would have done.

As you all should know by now, GWS Goose likes running marathons. Did you know he’s already run several marathons already, including New York and Tokyo, with plans to run the Chicago, Berlin, London and Boston marathons before the end of this decade? If you don’t, you’ve been sleeping under a rock. After all, GWS Goose has mentioned the word marathon in 94 posts since his debut in season 29, an impressive feat considering this is an average of less than one per game. 100 games may not be a marathon effort in Sweet FA terms but one worth celebrating nonetheless.

GWS Goose joined us in the leadup to season 29 from the Big Footy Tour of Qooty match held on the GWS board that preseason. Goose was effectively the only Giants participant but he got involved and made the week an enjoyable one. Agreeing to join a Sweet FA club, his primary choices were between Gumbies FFC and Roys FFC but the opportunity to take a team from the bottom of the ladder to the top appealed to the young Goose and he made his home in Gumbania.

wrinkle-the-duck-running-marathon-wins-medal-1.jpg

Two of GWS Goose's favourite things - marathons and accolades

Playing his first season on a wing, GWS Goose got a taste for those sweet, sweet Dream Team points and after seeing yours truly dominate at ruck rover, take home a Mobbenfuhrer Medal and earn an All-SFA jumper, the Goose put hand up for a run in the middle the following season. Season 30 saw immediate success as he pipped cats2rise by a single vote to claim his first Catman Medal. The following season, Goose announced himself to the league by claiming the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, the Gumbies’ second in three seasons. Despite a dominant season on the field, Goose would be overlooked for an All-SFA jumper.

Season 32 saw GWS Goose add another string to his bow, dipping his toe into the media waters and gaining prominence for his posting efforts, establishing the ‘Rate the Opposition’ thread and taking over the Rising Star award. The result was a fifth placing in the beez Trophy that season which, along with a third-placed finish in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, was certain to earn GWS Goose his first All-SFA jumper. Incredibly, he was overlooked.

GWS Goose was arguably robbed of an All-SFA jumper for a third time in season 33 after another stellar performance on the field and solid contributions off it.

After only 99 games, GWS Goose stands in the upper echelons of the game for his experience. He’s also been bloody good value in match threads and the Gumbies leadership group, which he has been a part of since his second season. Congratulations on 100 Sweet FA/Gumbies FFC games. Let’s hope there are many more.

SeasonClubGamesHOKMHBTFFFAGBDDT
29club 170169591652014151063341129
30club 190187614691531515103331343
31club 1901823175104552219113571435
32club 185164618011053151293441404
33club 197199414992571917113481395
34club 70600604329537120511
TOTALS99129617887546026191765418367217
Stats courtesy of sweetfa.plus

krisholio Rising Star - S29
Catman Medal - S30 & S33
StFly Medal - S31 & S32
Mobbenfuhrer Medal - S31
Marathons run - plenty

All-SFA jumpers - nil

Last edited:
126716.jpg

When DenieD approached me to say a few words about GWS Goose playing his 100th Sweet FA match I thought what better way to celebrate the great man than to steal the idea for myself and take the credit. After all, that’s what Goose would have done.

As you all should know by now, GWS Goose likes running marathons. Did you know he’s already run several marathons already, including New York and Tokyo, with plans to run the Chicago, Berlin, London and Boston marathons before the end of this decade? If you don’t, you’ve been sleeping under a rock. After all, GWS Goose has mentioned the word marathon in 94 posts since his debut in season 29, an impressive feat considering this is an average of less than one per game. 100 games may not be a marathon effort in Sweet FA terms but one worth celebrating nonetheless.

GWS Goose joined us in the leadup to season 29 from the Big Footy Tour of Qooty match held on the GWS board that preseason. Goose was effectively the only Giants participant but he got involved and made the week an enjoyable one. Agreeing to join a Sweet FA club, his primary choices were between Gumbies FFC and Roys FFC but the opportunity to take a team from the bottom of the ladder to the top appealed to the young Goose and he made his home in Gumbania.

wrinkle-the-duck-running-marathon-wins-medal-1.jpg

Two of GWS Goose's favourite things - marathons and accolades

Playing his first season on a wing, GWS Goose got a taste for those sweet, sweet Dream Team points and after seeing yours truly dominate at ruck rover, take home a Mobbenfuhrer Medal and earn an All-SFA jumper, the Goose put hand up for a run in the middle the following season. Season 30 saw immediate success as he pipped cats2rise by a single vote to claim his first Catman Medal. The following season, Goose announced himself to the league by claiming the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, the Gumbies’ second in three seasons. Despite a dominant season on the field, Goose would be overlooked for an All-SFA jumper.

Season 32 saw GWS Goose add another string to his bow, dipping his toe into the media waters and gaining prominence for his posting efforts, establishing the ‘Rate the Opposition’ thread and taking over the Rising Star award. The result was a fifth placing in the beez Trophy that season which, along with a third-placed finish in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, was certain to earn GWS Goose his first All-SFA jumper. Incredibly, he was overlooked.

GWS Goose was arguably robbed of an All-SFA jumper for a third time in season 33 after another stellar performance on the field and solid contributions off it.

After only 99 games, GWS Goose stands in the upper echelons of the game for his experience. He’s also been bloody good value in match threads and the Gumbies leadership group, which he has been a part of since his season season. Congratulations on 100 Sweet FA/Gumbies FFC games. Let’s hope there are many more.

SeasonClubGamesHOKMHBTFFFAGBDDT
29club 170169591652014151063341129
30club 190187614691531515103331343
31club 1901823175104552219113571435
32club 185164618011053151293441404
33club 197199414992571917113481395
34club 70600604329537120511
TOTALS99129617887546026191765418367217
Stats courtesy of sweetfa.plus

krisholio Rising Star - S29
Catman Medal - S30 & S33
StFly Medal - S31 & S32
Mobbenfuhrer Medal - S31
Marathons run - plenty

All-SFA jumpers - nil
Couple of stray thoughts here...

That's a lovely blue hue.

What's the cornholio award? Never heard of it. But for someone who pulls Mobbs votes out of his arse, I guess it's befitting.

What are you running from GWS Goose?

Why do the Gumbies have two best and fairest awards? :think:

This guy's achieved heaps more than Moz and he's a nobody... should I tag Moz and let him know? No, no I won't. That'd just be cruel.

Has Goose reported these supposed robberies? That sounds like a serious miscarriage of justice... why hasn't he said anything about this?

Thank Christ Barry did this instead of Denie, the league really needs a break from that f**ken guy.

Geez Tonga Bob must have his coming up soon... s**t have we already missed it? FootyGuy13 do your job, son.

Well anyway, happy birthday Goose 🥳

To my fellow class of '29 alum, accolade-haver, token GWS fan, craft beer lover and protagonist of low-key the greatest running gag on this whole board - may six (6) of your wildest dreams come true*.

champagne bob.jpg

Geez Tonga Bob must have his coming up soon... s**t have we already missed it? FootyGuy13 do your job, son.

Not until next season. I blame the OOFs for shortening this season, and the fact that we haven't been kissed on the peen enough to play a heap of finals in the past four seasons. But mainly the OOFs.

* Apart from that one.

To my fellow class of '29 alum, accolade-haver, token GWS fan, craft beer lover and protagonist of low-key the greatest running gag on this whole board - may six (6) of your wildest dreams come true*.

View attachment 1515123

Not until next season. I blame the OOFs for shortening this season, and the fact that we haven't been kissed on the peen enough to play a heap of finals in the past four seasons. But mainly the OOFs.

* Apart from that one.
I'd be a life member at the club this season if it wasn't for those bloody goobs. Selfish ingrates.

Why didn't they think about me and my needs instead of making it all about themselves.

eeuw4ZF.gif

Couple of stray thoughts here...

That's a lovely blue hue.

What's the cornholio award? Never heard of it. But for someone who pulls Mobbs votes out of his arse, I guess it's befitting.

What are you running from GWS Goose?

Why do the Gumbies have two best and fairest awards? :think:

This guy's achieved heaps more than Moz and he's a nobody... should I tag Moz and let him know? No, no I won't. That'd just be cruel.

Has Goose reported these supposed robberies? That sounds like a serious miscarriage of justice... why hasn't he said anything about this?

Thank Christ Barry did this instead of Denie, the league really needs a break from that f**ken guy.

And despite being a nobody I'm still more relevant than the Warriors or any of their players :$

Grats on the achievement Goose. You've probably been alright in a few of those games.

Surprised you didn’t write this your self you Silly Goose.

Congrats on finally getting an award they couldn’t take off you.
Apparently the committee had a meeting to see if they could rob me of this and instead award it to one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the committee is proposing this as we speak..they are stuck on how they can plausibly give the award to themselves.
Not sure on why they worried about trying to come up with a reason, they haven't bothered with previous ridiculous decisions.

I believe the committee is proposing this as we speak..they are stuck on how they can plausibly give the award to themselves.
Not sure on why they worried about trying to come up with a reason, they haven't bothered with previous ridiculous decisions.
Careful with your criticism, you might end up wth a qareer ending injury or worse still, deregistered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back