Media Falcon Files: Barnaby Goose’s form has fallen off a planter box

Who should play ruck rover for the Gumbies in round three?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

BY: STAFF WRITERS

Well-known Gumbies FFC storyteller GWS Goose says he was talking to his wife on the phone before he fell off a planter box and was swearing because he was hurt. This after a cheeky civilian, possibly after Gooses’s spot at ruck rover, captured a video of him lying on his back on a Gumbania footpath mumbling obscenities.

Video obtained and first published by the tabloid website Sweet Sunday, showed Goose on his back in Dory Street, a popular Gumbanian thoroughfare, after 11.30pm on Sunday night following the Gumbies’ loss to the Bears.

gutter goose.png

Goose said he was swearing because he had injured himself falling off one of the street’s planter boxes and it was not because he has racked up a grand total of one disposal in his last two matches.

A statement issued by his personal assistant said he was very embarrassed by the scene.

“I was walking back to my chauffer,” the statement reads. “While on the phone to my wife I sat on the edge of a plant box, fell over, kept talking on the phone, and very animatedly was referring to myself for having fallen over.”

Goose said he then got up and walked to his waiting Bentley after the phone call with Lady Goose of the Manor.

Earlier rumours emerged that Goose was in fact swearing at Gumbies qoach Qraig Bellamy who has not been shy of moving the ruck rover to another position, or captain Falconista who is said to have derived much pleasure in mocking Goose’s form.

Goose was quick to defend his skipper but his slience on qoach Bellamy was telling.

“Falconista is a pain, albeit harmless, and if he wasn’t here then I might have to actually captain.”

Gumbies wing beez said Goose had responded to his poor form, saying he was embarrassed. “I won’t be providing additional comments from the cheap seats but I would like to remind everyone that I am the reigning 'moral' Deestroy winner,” beez said.

“It’s a poor reflection on the society of Sweet that passers-by reach for their phones first to video this rather than asking for selfies with me.”

goose slump.png

Not all responses were so glowing about Goose's behaviour. One ambitious Gumbies player, who had seen the footage but declined to be named, said that when qootballers hit poor form they should not be protected.

“Stuff him. Chuck him out of ruck rover and watch me carve up there.”

Consistently up there with some of the modern midfield maestros like TheInjuryFactory, Callums_Guns and Pugsley, Goose famously is yet to be announced as an all-SFA, despite winning a Mobbs Medal. His best performances coming in the Barrybran-era of the Gumbies where for seasons 29-32 he averaged an eye-watering 72.8 DT per match.

goose happier times.png
GWS Goose in happier times during when Barrybran skippered the Gumbies.

It remains unclear whether Goose will be named in their customary ruck rover position in the Gumbies Round Three teamsheet.

Gumbies’ captain Falconista has declined to comment.

Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

My favourite bit was when someone came the next day and drew a chalk outline of where GWS Goose met his doom.

1707779569981.png

Last edited:
This is clearly a concerted effort from the powers that be to delay my inevitable entry to the hall of fame.

As everyone is aware, Im eligible in 8 games, and any fair minded judge would put me straight into the HOF.

Im not surprised that Quaig Bellamy is trying to tarnish my legacy, he is a vindictive glory hound only concerned with self-interests (well that is the Gumby way I suppose)

Qraig Bellamy is a terrible name for a qooty qoach. Remind me to reprimand Falconista for that appointment. Adam Qingsley would have been a great choice IMO.
Adam Qingsley is wonderful.

He once made a bet with Superman. They had an arm wrestle, loser has to wear their underpants on the outside.

Did you know he can recite Pi to the end.

Qraig Bellamy is a terrible name for a qooty qoach. Remind me to reprimand Falconista for that appointment. Adam Qingsley would have been a great choice IMO.
Oh good, a thread that's turned into a coach sacking and hypothetical exercise. It's just like the Freo board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh good, a thread that's turned into a coach sacking and hypothetical exercise. It's just like the Freo board.
Can I swing a sack of banzhammers here?

Back