PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just here to kill the hype.

Classic Guerilla "What do you mean there's more to games than just pretty graphics?" Games.

The marketing machine and the legion of shallow gamers who are only interested in pretty graphics will see it sell well but don't expect anything exciting on the story front if this is anything to go by.

Nobody is in the same league as Naughty Dog. How embarrassing.

Just here to kill the hype.

Classic Guerilla "What do you mean there's more to games than just pretty graphics?" Games.

The marketing machine and the legion of shallow gamers who are only interested in pretty graphics will see it sell well but don't expect anything exciting on the story front if this is anything to go by.

That's the first bad VA of seen of this game and I've watched every other clip so far. Impressions came out from reviewers today and they were all positive, nobody mentioned anything about this.

True. Would just like some consistency in the whole package. 2001 levels of VA and dialogue in that one example i posted breaks the immersion.

Gameplay looks solid, hopefully the controls are smooth and responsive. Killzone was very clunky in it's feel and that's my biggest fear for this game.
Maybe watch peoples preview of the game instead, nar that would make too much sense

Maybe watch peoples preview of the game instead, nar that would make too much sense
1389f42d141e06249f6aee53697b60fd.jpg

I've seen enough of the game to know I'll be picking it up. Not on the hype train though as Guerilla need to prove themselves after the s**t show that was the previous 2 Killzones.

Also thought the poor VA in that one scene was funny and perfect fanboy bait ;)

1389f42d141e06249f6aee53697b60fd.jpg

I've seen enough of the game to know I'll be picking it up. Not on the hype train though as Guerilla need to prove themselves after the s**t show that was the previous 2 Killzones.

Shadow falls mp was ok, after the first 20+ hours when you finally started to unlocked the good stuff to make it enjoyable unfortunately.

Yes it was terrible perfectly fine to criticise, I was highlighting doubled standards.

Review Embargo is said to be Feb 20. Sony and GG must be really confidant to have reviews out a week before the game.

Review codes went out at the start of the week, so reviewers have 2 weeks.

Review Embargo is said to be Feb 20. Sony and GG must be really confidant to have reviews out a week before the game.

Review codes went out at the start of the week, so reviewers have 2 weeks.
Always a good sign when the embargoes are lifted early and reviewers are getting plenty of time to play it prior. :thumbsu:

I'm cautiously excited for this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything less than an 88 would be a disappointment.
88 is still a high score. i think it will get an 88. anything in the low 80 or under will be disappointing from Sony's view.

Well Nioh has an 87 average and that's a great game. Unless you mean disappointing for Sony/GG specifically for being a AAA 1st party game?
88 is still a high score. i think it will get an 88. anything in the low 80 or under will be disappointing from Sony's view.

Sony's first big new ip for the generation, lifting the embargo this early shows Sony clearly think it will be great. Even an 80 is great but for them to establish this as a new big ip and to avoid being over shadow from zelda it will need blistering reviews.

From what i've played 85+ is set in stone.

Sony's first big new ip for the generation, lifting the embargo this early shows Sony clearly think it will be great. Even an 80 is great but for them to establish this as a new big ip and to avoid being over shadow from zelda it will need blistering reviews.

From what i've played 85+ is set in stone.

How'd you get it so early? Mind posting some screenshots too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back