Preview Horse Racing - Spring Carnival 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of rain forecast for tomorrow- might need to take a closer look at the wet track form.
Regardless I'm warming to The Quarterback in the Manikato

I find that the QB tends to shine on the bigger tracks where he can stalk someone on the long straight and get his momentum up.
He loves Flemington. The track was made for him, he just loves the size and it's apparent in his running style because he normally takes a while to get going once he gets on level ground. His record there is magnificent.

The other tracks, not so much.
His record at Moonee Valley is 0 from 2 and they were fairly poor performances. Shortest straight in AUS, don't reckon it suits him.

Still, for your sake, good luck, hope he wins!

Won't be having a punt tomorrow or the weekend, too many chances, will just enjoy it for the entertainment.

I find that the QB tends to shine on the bigger tracks where he can stalk someone on the long straight and get his momentum up.
He loves Flemington. The track was made for him, he just loves the size and it's apparent in his running style because he normally takes a while to get going once he gets on level ground. His record there is magnificent.

The other tracks, not so much.
His record at Moonee Valley is 0 from 2 and they were fairly poor performances. Shortest straight in AUS, don't reckon it suits him.

Still, for your sake, good luck, hope he wins!

Won't be having a punt tomorrow or the weekend, too many chances, will just enjoy it for the entertainment.

No doubt he does run well at Flemington and he'd probably be a better chance, but he'd also be half the price.

FWIW if you look at his two Valley runs it (his record there) isn't as bad as it perhaps seems at first glance.
Last run there was in the William Reid in March - bombed the start to the extend that he was 4 lengths behind the second last horse after 300m, but he surged to the line and finished on the heels of the placegetters - 1.5 lengths from the winner, so fair to say with a decent start he probably wins. The only other Valley run was in the McEwan Stakes over 1000m which is too short for him really, once again he gave away too big a start but ran on strongly for a midfield finish.
As long as he isn't conceding too big a start I think he's right in the race and at $15 a great each way bet. The way he won first up suggests he's come back in great nick.

Plenty of rain forecast for tomorrow- might need to take a closer look at the wet track form.
Regardless I'm warming to The Quarterback in the Manikato
Buffering can lead on his ear in the Manikato, he's a fantastic bet at $12/$3. Very forgiving of failure in the Moir where he was half-a-stride slow away. Speed was hot and he never found a rhythm.

Significant improver tonight.

Buffering can lead on his ear in the Manikato, he's a fantastic bet at $12/$3. Very forgiving of failure in the Moir where he was half-a-stride slow away. Speed was hot and he never found a rhythm.

great respect for the Buff, but hoping Holler might put some pressure on him tonight and from a purely selfish financial perspective it sets it up for the backmarkers, particularly The QB.
Good value in the race if you're prepared to risk the fave.

You've talked me into it.
But I take responsibility being an adult.
I like the buff but that Chautauqua.... just needs some galloping room

Just thought I would let you know that I live about 10 mins from the Vallley and we have had steady rain all day, just getting a little bit heavier now.
Just in case it influences your selections.;)
Only makes me think Lucia Vallentima comes into it, she's my third placegetter.

Winx
Hartnell
Lucia Valentina

But I'm hardly an island on that trifecta

Just won on the Gauch. EW lol!
Betting with theirs tonight and am using my free money (bonus bet) on the top weight next.

Love the Gauch.

Did say I wouldn't bet this weekend but did just sneak on $20 at the TAB part of the bar I am in for Capitalist in the Manikato.

Not sure how it'll go in the wet but It did win for me when I had it on in the magic millions and golden slipper.

Go cap! Beat those oldies!

Love the Gauch.

Did say I wouldn't bet this weekend but did just sneak on $20 at the TAB part of the bar I am in for Capitalist in the Manikato.

Not sure how it'll go in the wet but It did win for me when I had it on in the magic millions and golden slipper.

Go cap! Beat those oldies!
Lucky I received a phone call and didn't get to place my next bet and it lost.
Capitalist just scratched because of track.

Lucky I received a phone call and didn't get to place my next bet and it lost.
Capitalist just scratched because of track.

Haha I know. It was an omen! I swear. I managed to quickly chuck 10 bucks from my wallet on Master reset when a bloke shouted out cap got scratched.

Very happy. I like that horse.

I've just followed The Dawes onto the QB.

Let's hope my hypocrisy doesn't come back To bite me in the ass and apologies in advance if I jinx it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have decided to be a spectator after the phone call, took it as an omen.
Will bet tomorrow.
Good luck!

Cheers.

At least you'll wake up tomorrow with a clear mind and a fresh outlook. And some play money in the account hopefully.

I know what it's like, you lose a few in a row and suddenly you're not thinking straight and eventually it stops being fun. The phone call could have been the best thing for ya. Hopefully it translates into a big big win tomorrow for you.

Well, what a night;

The Manikato;
Chautauqua will be tipped out, I think he as a older horse is now looking for 1400m - the 1000m/1200m might be a bit sharp for him with his racing style.
Gee you'd be pretty keen to back The Quarterback in the Darley 2nd up/back to Flemington, he was super late; final split was hot!
Japonisme might have a race in him in Melbourne, he'll go around at a big price down the straight and certainly looks a place hope.

Showpero in R1 missed the kick with the shades on first-time and went to the line under a stranglehold, she'll be worth backing back onto a bigger track and I think we'll get a price, too.

Onto the Cox Plate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back