Horsham District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
id say thats about it , by the results in the rest of the games alot of teams are v even , with maybe the swifts being the bottom side where as pimp , quanny , nati, taylors and rup all being round the same mark , by watching pimp on the weekend they are a very fast side but will have to match ups for the big men of laharum kalkee and harrow

id say thats about it , by the results in the rest of the games alot of teams are v even , with maybe the swifts being the bottom side where as pimp , quanny , nati, taylors and rup all being round the same mark , by watching pimp on the weekend they are a very fast side but will have to match ups for the big men of laharum kalkee and harrow

Are the Swifts traveling that bad? I see GW gave them a touch up in the local derby, are they on the improve under Sonny, or did they just lift as per usual against the Swifts?

well swifts got beatin by rup by over 100 points on sat , and talkin to a few of the quanny boys they are sayin that nati have improved quite a bit aswell , also taylors have improved as well , i think there will some really good games of footy this year

Was wondering if anyone had any info on winger Aaron Atkinson. Played or plays down this way. Any info on how he goes would be appreciated.

can anyone tell me how rup players tom emmett and dale hood have been going playing for rup?? hear alot of good things and that they are the shining hope of the club any info would nbe great??

Wats the go at pimpino this year? a young team i know and they are in the rebuilding stage. But have heard alot of talk about how the coach is a bit controlling and everything has to be done his way. Can anyone else expand on this? have any of ou heard anything like this!? Maybe the club should be run more like the cricket club!

smasher have heard first hand that there may be a little trouble there , dont think that there will be to many win's out there this year so will be interesting how the new leaders go out there , as most have only been there since the premierships were won , whats the go with the cricket club smasher ??? sounds like it is good fun ! who runs it out there

Rocket, the cricket boys most definitely know how to have a good time, and they aren't a bad side these days, when they first started they were ordinary bar Beddo and Sprouley.

Who's coaching Pimp this year? Has Burdie taken the reigns with someone?

Rocket, the cricket boys most definitely know how to have a good time, and they aren't a bad side these days, when they first started they were ordinary bar Beddo and Sprouley.

Who's coaching Pimp this year? Has Burdie taken the reigns with someone?

I am tied up with Taylors Lake and I saw Pimp play us in the first round and while we have improved slightly, Pimp has dropped right back to the pack. Burdett is in charge by himself and he has a lot of younger players who are quick, but have poor skills and no mongrel about them. The Lakers applied physical pressure around the stoppages and they didn't like it, definitely a game which we could have won.
They will be in the same group of clubs as Stawell, us, Rupanyup, Natimuk, Noradj-Quanny, Edenhope-Apsley and Great Western.

Huge result with Nor-Quanny knocking over Laharum by a point on Saturday. Poor kicking in a low scoring game might have cost the Money Men, I mean Mountain Men. Noradjuha is the only undefeated team after four rounds of play which has got to be a big surprise, but they face another measuring stick next week at Harrow-Balmoral. Should be interesting.
The District League looks really competitive this year with no team really struggling and only a handful really standing out.

Huge result with Nor-Quanny knocking over Laharum by a point on Saturday. Poor kicking in a low scoring game might have cost the Money Men, I mean Mountain Men. Noradjuha is the only undefeated team after four rounds of play which has got to be a big surprise, but they face another measuring stick next week at Harrow-Balmoral. Should be interesting.
The District League looks really competitive this year with no team really struggling and only a handful really standing out.

Did Noradj-Qunny beat Laharum or did Laharum beat themselves???

Footy is sturggling in the Grampians area! How can Ararat get thumped by Horsham Saints? Swifts are no good and can take the wooden spoon home now if they like. Great Western are average, Ararat Eagles are useless again and further south down the Grampains Rd even Moyston/Willaura and Glenthompson/Dunkeld are looking for the bottom of the ladder again. Thank goodness for Stawell & Tatyoon and it seems Navarre are on the way up finally but not strong enough to do well in the geographically stupid Lexton Plains league. Where have all the footballers gone??? Only in the mid 90's we had Warriors and Swifts and powerful Stawell Redlegs all doing well, strong teams out of Ararat such as St Mary's and Caledonians along with Prestige, Trinity & Miners with Ararat being a force in WFL, Navarre doing well and even Marnoo and Landsborough fielding sides along with Moyston & Tatyoon getting fed by Ararat and Great Western pulling palyers from the district. Now in 2008 the Ararat & District league is gone, the Lexton league gone, heaps of mergers and then mergers with mergers (Ararat Eagles) with probaly more to come (Swifts & Geat Western merging to become the 'Western Swifts' or the 'Deep Lead Dung Beetles' and now only two teams in the region any good (Stawell and Tatyoon with the generous wallets) with Navarre maybe pulling a game in the finals. Footy in the Stawell and Ararat region is on the big slide downhill unless they can get more players on the grass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smasher have heard first hand that there may be a little trouble there , dont think that there will be to many win's out there this year so will be interesting how the new leaders go out there , as most have only been there since the premierships were won , whats the go with the cricket club smasher ??? sounds like it is good fun ! who runs it out there

A bloke by the name of Josh Beddison, not a bad poor basrted. They love hanging s**t on each other and having a good time. I think the footy club should take a hard look at them selves after another humilating loss on the weekend, all that hard work they did to get back to be one of the powerhouses of the league and a side that everyone feared, they are now losing that reputation.

A bloke by the name of Josh Beddison, not a bad poor basrted. They love hanging s**t on each other and having a good time. I think the footy club should take a hard look at them selves after another humilating loss on the weekend, all that hard work they did to get back to be one of the powerhouses of the league and a side that everyone feared, they are now losing that reputation.

i thin your right smasher but u do have to look at the bad luck that they have had in the past 12 months !! out of the side from this time last year are mat , josh , jeremy beddison , bernard ward , brad sproule, brian harrison, joel hinch , andy ellis , brett thomson , there are 9 very handy footballers smasher , i think that i going a long way to causing the tigers fate , but as i look at it , it could well have only been 3 or 4 had they looked after a few boys , your thoughts ???

I didn't know the Beddo boys had left Pimp, where abouts are they now? And Andy Ellis not at Pimp? Elbows is working in Horsham now he's finished uni, last i heard he was still there? Spoke to Hinchy recently and said the travel was wearing him down, which is fair enough, and where he's playing now isn't far from his home. Is a fair loss for the Tigers, one of many by the sounds.

I didn't know the Beddo boys had left Pimp, where abouts are they now? And Andy Ellis not at Pimp? Elbows is working in Horsham now he's finished uni, last i heard he was still there? Spoke to Hinchy recently and said the travel was wearing him down, which is fair enough, and where he's playing now isn't far from his home. Is a fair loss for the Tigers, one of many by the sounds.

mat and josh beddo both out injured , jeremy just not playing , andy eliis is still at pimp but not playin at this stage after having plates put in his face after a gang of ____ wits bashed him and daniel baker in may park , yeah u dont expect joel to travell home from melb each week , but it is still another good player the tigers have to cover

i thin your right smasher but u do have to look at the bad luck that they have had in the past 12 months !! out of the side from this time last year are mat , josh , jeremy beddison , bernard ward , brad sproule, brian harrison, joel hinch , andy ellis , brett thomson , there are 9 very handy footballers smasher , i think that i going a long way to causing the tigers fate , but as i look at it , it could well have only been 3 or 4 had they looked after a few boys , your thoughts ???

9 very handy footballers, i will give u that. And yes i totally agree with you saying that they could of looked after a few of those players maybe throwing them some money and getting them to stay or even a simple phone call to see what their thoughts were for the up comming season but what i have heard they did not even bother. The best thing about our wonderfull game that it is not an individual sport and 1 or 2 quality players will not win you very many games you have to have a solid playing group all wanting to play for each other and i dont think pimp have this like they did in the previous successfull years. Although alot of those players are injured and cant play are they still involved within the club? I think they are trying to hard to please a couple of players but in a football team there are 21 players and they have to worry about them to. Its tuff times but every team goes through this stage of rebuilding and its not going to happen over 1 year its a 1 to 3 year process and the question is are these players willing to stay around for these tuff times or are they going to run at the end of the season, are those players they are looking after this year going to be there next season to keep rebuilding? Have a look at kalkee they were at the bottom of the ladder for 4 years but if u look at there team from 3 years ago you will still see a large amont of the players playing back then are still running around now and now look at them, their back to be one of the pace setters in the league. I have heard that the pimp coach is just waiting for a coaching role at another club to come about if this is true then that is wrong. But if he does not do any good with the team he has now at the moment then who would want him as a coach? Its not like he is working with duds there are some very handy players in that side. But time will tell they are a good club and very very good people with in the club so i think this is only a short stint of bad luck. After all they did win a couple of flags and are a great family club. But how will they cope and will they use this bad form as motivation to win and get back to be a power house again i hope so. Other peoples thoughts? i think i just spoke alot of s**t that prob does not make sense! wat u reckon ROCKET?

mat and josh beddo both out injured , jeremy just not playing , andy eliis is still at pimp but not playin at this stage after having plates put in his face after a gang of ____ wits bashed him and daniel baker in may park , yeah u dont expect joel to travell home from melb each week , but it is still another good player the tigers have to cover

Oh of course, i forgot about Elbow's face, yeah i heard about that s**t, and the square up from Pup Ellis a couple of weeks later.
Those are some very good outs though, put the Beddo's and Andy back in and it's a pretty handy side.

9 very handy footballers, i will give u that. And yes i totally agree with you saying that they could of looked after a few of those players maybe throwing them some money and getting them to stay or even a simple phone call to see what their thoughts were for the up comming season but what i have heard they did not even bother. The best thing about our wonderfull game that it is not an individual sport and 1 or 2 quality players will not win you very many games you have to have a solid playing group all wanting to play for each other and i dont think pimp have this like they did in the previous successfull years. Although alot of those players are injured and cant play are they still involved within the club? I think they are trying to hard to please a couple of players but in a football team there are 21 players and they have to worry about them to. Its tuff times but every team goes through this stage of rebuilding and its not going to happen over 1 year its a 1 to 3 year process and the question is are these players willing to stay around for these tuff times or are they going to run at the end of the season, are those players they are looking after this year going to be there next season to keep rebuilding? Have a look at kalkee they were at the bottom of the ladder for 4 years but if u look at there team from 3 years ago you will still see a large amont of the players playing back then are still running around now and now look at them, their back to be one of the pace setters in the league. I have heard that the pimp coach is just waiting for a coaching role at another club to come about if this is true then that is wrong. But if he does not do any good with the team he has now at the moment then who would want him as a coach? Its not like he is working with duds there are some very handy players in that side. But time will tell they are a good club and very very good people with in the club so i think this is only a short stint of bad luck. After all they did win a couple of flags and are a great family club. But how will they cope and will they use this bad form as motivation to win and get back to be a power house again i hope so. Other peoples thoughts? i think i just spoke alot of s**t that prob does not make sense! wat u reckon ROCKET?

Agreed Smasher, after losing that many players, any club would be rebuilding, and good on Pimp for not throwing cash everywhere. They are a good club with good people to, and deserved their premierships.
Im not sure ur comment about Burdie is spot on though. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a coaching job elsewhere in the future, but to say he's waiting on one now and going through the motions is incorrect. He's a pretty competitive bloke and can't imagine he'd want is reputation tainted by being known as a bad coach. He'll be giving it his all, no doubt.

I heard that Burdett was going around in the pre season and giving the players an earful when other clubs were talking to them. I know first hand he gave Wiz Harrison an earful and said he was a s**t house player and not worth pissing on! And he hadn't signed with anyone at that stage. No wonder players didn't want to stay! Wouldn't you say the good things a player has to offer and convince them they are worth retaining?

I heard that Burdett was going around in the pre season and giving the players an earful when other clubs were talking to them. I know first hand he gave Wiz Harrison an earful and said he was a s**t house player and not worth pissing on! And he hadn't signed with anyone at that stage. No wonder players didn't want to stay! Wouldn't you say the good things a player has to offer and convince them they are worth retaining?

I'd find that very hard to believe ther Bluebagger. Why would a senior coach, trying to retain a list, and Harrison being a handy player, give him an earful before he'd signed anywhere? Perhaps Harrison is telling you porkies, apparently the same as he did with Edenhope Apsley?

I'd find that very hard to believe ther Bluebagger. Why would a senior coach, trying to retain a list, and Harrison being a handy player, give him an earful before he'd signed anywhere? Perhaps Harrison is telling you porkies, apparently the same as he did with Edenhope Apsley?

Not talking crap, he did cop an earful from Clint. And yes, he did give Edenhope/Apsley the run around.

Well that's very interesting. Wonder what caused that, wouldn't have though Clint would go off for no reason. Probably not the most professional thing when ur just starting out as senior coach, but i don't know the ins and out sof it all, so i won't comment.

Has Harrison got much of the leather this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back