How long to recover from a Grand Final loss?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
As we all know, Freo played their 2012 Grand Final today however were shown up by a far superior football side.

With Freo recording their lowest ever score at home, comparisons can be made with the capitulation of 119 a few years back. 119 have been a rabble ever since and the laughing stock of the AFL competition.

The FFC has a new coach on board, now with 4 grand final losses to his name. 3 at the Saints and 1 at the Dockers.

This has got me wondering what the mental scars from today will be for the poor Dockers.

Looking at their upcoming draw it paints an ugly picture;
Adelaide - loss
Richmond - loss
Essendon - loss
Collingwood - loss
Bulldogs - loss (they'll be 5 - 9 at this stage)
Then Melbourne, GWS, Port – too close to call, perhaps a draw for each game if they’re lucky.
Eagles – Grand Final Loss II for 2012

We all know that the Dockers have an average side with the recent recruiting leaving their squad with holes throughout. We all know that the current ”stars” are all over 30 and are about to retire without the taste of premiership glory. All of this must have an effect on their mental health.

When will the mental scars heal, if ever?

Don't rate yourselves so highly, you aren't special, just another 4 points to gain or not to gain for fremantle:eek:

Also you've got Carlton, Collingwood twice, the Cats, Hawthorn in Melbourne and Adelaide away to come, don't get too far ahead of yourselves:eek:

Don't rate yourselves so highly, you aren't special, just another 4 points to gain or not to gain for fremantle:eek:

Also you've got Carlton, Collingwood twice, the Cats, Hawthorn in Melbourne and Adelaide away to come, don't get too far ahead of yourselves:eek:

Win even half of those games and we're still top 2. Chances are we will go in favourites against Blues, Pies home, Cats, and the Hawks.

So, two sides above you on the ladder? Seems like they are recovering ok. question is, how do you overcome the loss of a ranga?[/QU
Still living off the glories of round 1.................thats funny. Did you have your mad monday in late March!

Check the ladder, it's a fact:confused:

They've overcome their losses better than your side has overcome winning with an aging list:confused:

They've overcome their losses better than your side has overcome winning with an aging list:confused:
emptycabinetaustralia.jpg

Check the jpeg, it's a fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? We lost a GF and came back to win one the next year showing fantastic recovery. :cool:
Isn't that what the thread is about?

Gee long hasnt really played anyone decent in GF - lets be honest - none of these are known for having it when it matters...:eek:

yeah it is good as a Blue watching you make bitches of wobblers a few times- but seriously must detract from your feel good feelings knowing the low quality you were up against? I mean seriously - when you are talkingt to your grandchildren about the good ol dayz - and they ask but who did you beat?

and you mumble..the wobblers...it just wont really make you feel as proud as it should huh?;)

Wobblers = easy beats in finals just a fact is all I am sayin a historical boni fide FACT

offended fact for wobblers.

Um we beat 2 teams who went 20-2 and spanked everyone else in the competition.

Are you mentally handicapped?

Just wondering if sense of satisfaction low and getting lower - I mean all you did was beat wobblers really -even squwaks pantzed you guys..look it is just there isnt much credibility to a win when you beat wobblers - they are known chokers and all that..:eek:

- hey if the embarassment kinda hurts your butt to be told the truth no worries...enjoy be happy..beating wobblers claim to fame- sheet fella lots of teams have done that over the years..:D

What does everyone always say, you can only beat who is put in front of you. To win 3 flags in five years is a pretty good effort, could have beaten hawks in 08 if they kicked straight in the first half, collingwood dominated for 2 seasons so I dont see how they are easy beats, port probably shouldn't have even made it in 07 but the cats absolutely thrashed them and showed they were the best team of the year. Didnt the cats win something like 110 out of 100 games in those seasons, pretty hard to discount 4 years of dominance and say they played easy teams in the GF. Bad call!

They've got no issue just not good enough for back to back like the champion teams.

Gee long hasnt really played anyone decent in GF - lets be honest - none of these are known for having it when it matters...:eek:

yeah it is good as a Blue watching you make bitches of wobblers a few times- but seriously must detract from your feel good feelings knowing the low quality you were up against? I mean seriously - when you are talkingt to your grandchildren about the good ol dayz - and they ask but who did you beat?

and you mumble..the wobblers...it just wont really make you feel as proud as it should huh?;)

Wobblers = easy beats in finals just a fact is all I am sayin a historical boni fide FACT

offended fact for wobblers.

Geez mate, lay off the beers at lunchtime. You're not even trying to make sense here :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back