How much is foxtel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've had foxtel this year but it has recently been cut off. I didn't pay for it but it was awesome having fox sports for the footy.

How much is like a years subscription with fox sports. I don't particularly care about other stuff.

I pay about $80 a month for my Foxtel. Well and truly worth it. I am currently enjoying the Austrlian tour of India along with great footage of the Spring Carnival through TVN and Sky Racing.

You are probably looking at about $60 a month for foxtel in one room with the sports package as well as the basic package. You have to have the basic package.

Installation can add extra setup costs but there are often delas to get free installation if you sign a contract for set period of time.

yeah wirra is spot on.

but if you ring up to get it again make sure you mention the one year contract deal that you saw on the net because when we rang up to book it last time they tried to dog us into a 2 year deal and the person from foxtel tried to say the 1 year deal didnt exist.

I reckon we only pay about $45/month for Austar, that was with a free install and no contract. I get the regular lineup of crap plus the sports. (not setanta - who cares about that crap anyway..)

I reckon we only pay about $45/month for Austar, that was with a free install and no contract. I get the regular lineup of crap plus the sports. (not setanta - who cares about that crap anyway..)

You got Fox Sports 2,3 and ESPN

The way Foxtel structure their packages they amke you get channels you dont want for ones you do.

I dont watch much of the other channels, watch movies too, but the missus enjoys Areana and W channel and the channesl in the 600 range ie news and doccos are good value. Comedy Channel good too.

Magpie there is a loophole.

Get the platinum package. Get multi room. Give your extra box to a friend who has an existing cable connection in their house(most do). Split the bill in half.

Get a third box, give it to another friend, split the bill again.

Get a fourth box, do same as above.

You can get your household bill down to slightly less than $40 a month(each extra box adds $10 to total account costs so you cant simply divide the total price by 4). Furthermore, your friends will be paying $40 per month at their places and they will thank you for it.

I did it for 7 months, yet a friend who Im moving in with now works at foxtel and fox employees get it free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ignore most of what people have said, here are the raw numbers

Basic package $40
Sports package $16

thats the minimum you can get away with

IF you want ESPN HD and Fox Sports HD, add another $20p/m + $200 installation

Yeah, but if you call to cancel your contract (after it's expired) they offer you all kinds of deals to get you to stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back