Discussion How unique is your team

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I thought it would be interesting to see how unique our teams are. Are we selecting similar players as we share a lot of insights on this board or do we all select certain “break out” players which significantly changes our teams.

I have added the selection % of each player in my 22 onfield starting lineup.

This number will obviously change from day to day but I imagine it would stay relatively consistent outside of injury news or players dominating the PS games.

The total uniqueness percentage for my 22 adds up too 457. That’s an average selection percentage of 20.77% selection for each player, which may not sound overly unique.

Further breaking that number down;

Defence: Total 135.4 - ave 22.5
Mids: Total 160.4 - ave 20
Ruck: Total 41.5 - ave 20.75
Forward: Total 119.7 - ave 19.95

I think an appropriate scale of uniqueness ave is;
Ave 0-15 = very unique
16-24 = moderately unique
25 + = not very unique

Pretty happy with my lineup and particularly my Mids with Merret (8.9), Gaff (6.6) and Walsh (12). This uniqueness is outlined by Rowell (53.9) and Hately (25.2).

Interesting to see where we all sit and if this method of analysing our team uniqueness is consistent amongst most teams or are some selecting the majority players and pushing their team above an ave 25 selected % per player or below towards being very unique.

A lot of having a good fantasy year is about selecting the right unique players and not the high % players. I have 4 above 30%, 6 between 20-29% and 12 below 20%.

Where do we all sit?

Very unique

No one else has my team name - Bin Chickens

Mine is 391 - albeit small sample size above but I wouldn't have considered my team unique whatsoever

Sounds like you must have a few quite unique players in there and fairly different to what I have. Ave of about 17% per player but assume there is some 35 and above too
Funny you say that, I have the same midfield you listed above + Taranto

Now that I’m pretty set on my team for round one.

Defence: Total 93.8% - Avg 15.63%
Midfield: Total 204.2% - Avg 25.525%
Ruck: Total 28.7% - Avg 14.35%
Forward: Total 122.5% - Avg 20.41%

Starting 22: Total 449.2% - Avg 20.42%

Changes a bit depending on which rookies start. That includes Rowe which has 29% but could easily drop if I started Warner, Bergmen etc

Sitting at 380 for the starting 22. Quite unique by the looks.
What will be interesting is how this number changes as the season rolls on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back