How's Your Day Going 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep it's with them.
I troubleshooted via the net, but got no results. Rang Apple support and they were all out of ideas.

On the missus's Macbook at the moment.

First up, you perform a safe boot by holding down the shift key (depending on your OS). You can also flush out the memory too - that varies too depending on your OS. Then I'd try to boot from your OS disc.

Yep it's with them.
I troubleshooted via the net, but got no results. Rang Apple support and they were all out of ideas.

You got it back yet? What was the damage in the end? :D

Yep it's with them.

Hope your Macbook is ok/salvageable, and that you're feeling better. I hear pumpkin soup is pretty good for that. ;)

Does Mac OS not have restore points to go back to?

You mean after with an update?

I've only ever had one such corrupt update in like 10 years of using a Mac.

All of the usual safe boots wouldn't work, but once I booted off the installation disc everything just sailed through. All of the data was safe and all. One of the tech guys at works says you can always get a Mac back from software issues. Just hardly ever happens, so don't really know how to respond!

Hardware is, obviously, a different issue.

You mean after with an update?

I've only ever had one such corrupt update in like 10 years of using a Mac.

All of the usual safe boots wouldn't work, but once I booted off the installation disc everything just sailed through. All of the data was safe and all. One of the tech guys at works says you can always get a Mac back from software issues. Just hardly ever happens, so don't really know how to respond!

Hardware is, obviously, a different issue.
I've only ever had one problem with a Mac and it was hardware. Dodgy video card meltdown on my previous Macbook Pro. Data was completely salvageable... and the same problem happened to me twice! Luckily I have good support at work... I was a mess the first time it happened. :eek:

So, Echols, what's the story with your Macbook? We're all dying to know, especially Hank who's ready to trumpet the benefits of his windows 4.1 machine.

So, Echols, what's the story with your Macbook? We're all dying to know, especially Hank who's ready to trumpet the benefits of his windows 4.1 machine.

What's a macbook?

I've not heard back, and I'm dreading the bill at this point.

Got the missus's Macbook for now, but don't have any of my music or bookmarks, which is driving me a little nuts. Especially navigating around BF.

Well the day hasnt really started yet but I Know it's going to be FANTASTIC :eek:

I'll go for my usual run, bask in the glow of our win yesterday, and............................................................................

My Dad gets's home today!!!!!!!!!! :D it's been 9 very long months, but Today he is home. Although technically i'm not supposed to know about this cause he wanted to suprise us kids, but it's Mum's fault she shouldnt have told her snooping 16-year old daughter the password to her email's ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all serious, W7 is a huge leap for Microsoft. Some of my clients are running 150 workstations/laptops at their sites and I havent had a crash in 14 months now. Just amazing.

I sit there reading newspapers now...

Worst part about your situation E, youll never really know how long they spent fixing the problem :D

I hate this town. I now have to resort to the disgusting habit of buying the Herald Sun next year. For the third week in a row, I have had to wake up on a Monday morning to find that there is no Hawthorn match report in the local rag. Not just no Hawthorn mind you, but no any other team but Geelong. I guess we were lucky a month ago, we got a few reports in a row... But now, nothing. They live in a vacuum, a pit of their own filth.

Well, they can stay there and rot itheir own filth.... This local has had enough. :mad:

P.S. The day Geelong (the footy club) starts slipping down the ladder is the day I will relish and celebrate on the streets. Your day is coming bandwagoners, and sooner than you might think!

Well the day hasnt really started yet but I Know it's going to be FANTASTIC :eek:

I'll go for my usual run, bask in the glow of our win yesterday, and............................................................................

My Dad gets's home today!!!!!!!!!! :D it's been 9 very long months, but Today he is home. Although technically i'm not supposed to know about this cause he wanted to suprise us kids, but it's Mum's fault she shouldnt have told her snooping 16-year old daughter the password to her email's ;)

So how did your day go? (why when I type that do I think of the Aussie movie "they're a weird mob?") Where has he been [dont have to answer if u dont want to] I'm assuming Afghanistan or mining out west.

Had a great day myself yesterday. Daughters school, her year 7 people organised a "Dads and Daughters" ten pin bowling day. Daughter of course didnt want to be seen dead with this old fella but in the end we had a great time and I top scored out of all the participants.

Went to Cinema Nova in Carlton today to see a film (what a suprise!).

Not knowing the area and what it was like for parking decided to park for free at work and get a taxi from Docklands to Carlton and back.

Got to say both drivers knew where to go. Clean cabs, both clean and bathed all good. One was a bit...slower than I would have liked...keep up with the traffic, keeps the traffic moving...the other coming back was a bit fast for my liking..but both got me safely to my destinations, cant complain.

Cinema Nova is a bit of a rabbit warren. Told Cinema 11, so I walked in a little late, sat in the cinema and looked up...aagh, Hanna, saw that last week...must be a trailer...no, turns out it was the film, so backed on out of there, looked around, luckily a member of staff just popped out of the film I actually wanted to see and showed me the right door.

Ah, excellent. You must be happy. Glad he's back safely, and, almost as importantly, in time for the finals! Enjoy your time with him. Can't imagine what he's brought you back from Kandihar or wherever though...

Went to Cinema Nova in Carlton today to see a film (what a suprise!).

Not knowing the area and what it was like for parking decided to park for free at work and get a taxi from Docklands to Carlton and back.

Got to say both drivers knew where to go. Clean cabs, both clean and bathed all good. One was a bit...slower than I would have liked...keep up with the traffic, keeps the traffic moving...the other coming back was a bit fast for my liking..but both got me safely to my destinations, cant complain.

Cinema Nova is a bit of a rabbit warren. Told Cinema 11, so I walked in a little late, sat in the cinema and looked up...aagh, Hanna, saw that last week...must be a trailer...no, turns out it was the film, so backed on out of there, looked around, luckily a member of staff just popped out of the film I actually wanted to see and showed me the right door.

I like the Nova. After the movie you can wander over to Readings and poke around. Love Tiamo across the road too.

So how did your day go? (why when I type that do I think of the Aussie movie "they're a weird mob?") Where has he been [dont have to answer if u dont want to] I'm assuming Afghanistan or mining out west.

Had a great day myself yesterday. Daughters school, her year 7 people organised a "Dads and Daughters" ten pin bowling day. Daughter of course didnt want to be seen dead with this old fella but in the end we had a great time and I top scored out of all the participants.

Haha the day went great, it was like he had never left in the first place :)
Yeah he's been serving in Afghanistan since November last month.

Ah, excellent. You must be happy. Glad he's back safely, and, almost as importantly, in time for the finals! Enjoy your time with him. Can't imagine what he's brought you back from Kandihar or wherever though...

Thanks, it's great to have him back :)
Haha we spent most of yesterday watching some of the games from this year (I've been taping them for him), I think pop is his new favourite player :D

Haha the day went great, it was like he had never left in the first place :)
Yeah he's been serving in Afghanistan since November last month.

Thanks, it's great to have him back :)
Haha we spent most of yesterday watching some of the games from this year (I've been taping them for him), I think pop is his new favourite player :D
Great to hear that HG! Good to hear he's back and you are enjoying your time together. :)

grrrr....

just ducked out for a quick 2mins to the ATM. Theres a guy in front of me who steps up to it, he's on the phone...takes him 20secs to put his card in, takes another 20secs to put his pin in, then he pauses and enters stuff into the atm, repeatedly for the next 4 mins...the lady behind me starts tutting...he then finishes his phone convo, removes his card, and puts another one in...now I do the tutting...he takes another 5 mins of jabbing with his fingers into the keypad, then he takes his card out, fishes in his wallet and puts a 3rd card in!!!

The 5 people behind me are incredulous, I shout "Come on mate, you're not supposed to do your years banking here!", he takes another 5 minutes of typing/reading/typing/thinking/typing ad nauseum, then takes his card out, looks at the huge crowd behind him, and shrugs "sorry, itsa no working"...

the bugger has broken the damn thing, or it gave up in disgust...17 minutes he took to break the ATM's resolve...

grrrr....

just ducked out for a quick 2mins to the ATM. Theres a guy in front of me who steps up to it, he's on the phone...takes him 20secs to put his card in, takes another 20secs to put his pin in, then he pauses and enters stuff into the atm, repeatedly for the next 4 mins...the lady behind me starts tutting...he then finishes his phone convo, removes his card, and puts another one in...now I do the tutting...he takes another 5 mins of jabbing with his fingers into the keypad, then he takes his card out, fishes in his wallet and puts a 3rd card in!!!

The 5 people behind me are incredulous, I shout "Come on mate, you're not supposed to do your years banking here!", he takes another 5 minutes of typing/reading/typing/thinking/typing ad nauseum, then takes his card out, looks at the huge crowd behind him, and shrugs "sorry, itsa no working"...

the bugger has broken the damn thing, or it gave up in disgust...17 minutes he took to break the ATM's resolve...

Freakin' annoying. The Commonwealth ATMs on the corner of Exhibition and Bourke is like the mecca for these people.

I got some sensational news just before. A good friend of mine - going back to primary school - and his wife have just had a baby girl. It's been a long and difficult road for them, but now they are parents. And a more deserving couple of people you could ever meet. Makes me happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back