I visited Geelong..

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason we get kissed on the dick is because larger clubs are prevented from/refuse to play in Geelong. If they did it wouldn't be an argument.

As much as the H&A season works for us The way finals are play definitely works against us.

It evens out on my book.
I'm not disagreeing with you but it's the sweetest H&A deal in afl football.

Did they also get 9 non-neutral home games at their cheat grounds followed by another 5-7 more at the MCG every year?
Do you at least agree we have a pretty damn sweet ride that teams like yours especially do not?

When I grew up after they tried to merge us to Fitzroy they then said our ground was unfit for purpose because the poor old darlings didn’t have hot showers

You won’t this battle my friend 😌

Honestly, who gives a *? Abuse it, you’re the last club apart from Melbourne and to an extent Richmond that can claim cheat ground status

Take the piss
I don't. It amuses me.

It's that very reason why these people attend Kardinia Park and make as much noise for the viewers at home as the latest expansion teams do. What a boring atmosphere these people create and you thought it was sad because I said I'd never set foot in such a crappy stadium.

I never saw them play but with the exception of a handful of players those Crows teams look atrocious. What’s even more insane to me those crappy sides won two without Modra and one without Ricciuto?
You have got a lot to learn about the game young fella. Yes they seem like “crappy sides” on paper. Watch how they play for each other and never, ever forget who was in the coaches box 😜

The only reason we get kissed on the dick is because larger clubs are prevented from/refuse to play in Geelong. If they did it wouldn't be an argument.

As much as the H&A season works for us The way finals are play definitely works against us.

It evens out on my book.

No one wanted to play anywhere. Princes Park was the last suburban ground and it was an absolute hell for anyone that was t a Carlton fan.

Part of why it was great. Beating them there was beyond ecstasy

You have got to learn about the game young. Yes they seem like “crappy sides” on paper. Watch how they play for each other and never, ever forget who was in the coaches box 😜
Send me an example from youtube or kayo but not a final because I can't watch a game when I know the result

I don't. It amuses me.

It's that very reason why these people attend Kardinia Park and make as much noise for the viewers at home as the latest expansion teams do. What a boring atmosphere these people create and you thought it was sad because I said I'd never set foot in such a crappy stadium.

Sorry, just sounded like a sad tale, not by you but what it’s like there now.

If I could wave a magic wand every Melbourne club would have their ground back, but you’d also probably see late night news reporting about violence 😌

Sorry, just sounded like a sad tale, not by you but what it’s like there now.

If I could wave a magic wand every Melbourne club would have their ground back, but you’d also probably see late night news reporting about violence 😌
How would that be any different from how it is now?

I'm having West Ham v Millwall flashbacks.

Some of them, yeah it was. There’s a few Hawfs on this board that have told about being spit on and king hit going to Victoria Park back in the 80’s.

Going to other grounds… using the English perspective the ratio was 99% home fans and 1% away fans, which I know is not the case back in England from experience. Clubs didn’t care about away ground tickets, they just wanted fire and brimstone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved going to Footscray, couldn’t imagine what it was like for other clubs who were funnelled between the Whitten Stand and the Members Stand

You have got a lot to learn about the game young fella. Yes they seem like “crappy sides” on paper. Watch how they play for each other and never, ever forget who was in the coaches box 😜

Perfect example Sky , look at this inbred arse - his club is detested by everyone in Victoria by virtue of what they stand for, and detested in their own city by their nearest neighbour, and probably by WA too

That’s what it’s about

Perfect example Sky , look at this inbred arse - his club is detested by everyone in Victoria by virtue of what they stand for, and detested in their own city by their nearest neighbour, and probably by WA too

That’s what it’s about
Wouldn’t have it any other way 😜. I reckon you’ll have a sore head in the morning Ox.

I was 13 in 97. I just thought we’d keep winning flags. I think we’ve got the third longest drought now? And we’re nowhere near winning one. A great mate of mine I’ve met in the last 6-7 years is a Footscray man. Grew up there and moved to Perth in his teens. When he talks about Footscray and what the team means to the people, it makes me feel like a bit of a fraud. Don’t get me wrong I love my team and I’ll support them forever but I don’t have that connection to the club like he does.

I was 13 in 97. I just thought we’d keep winning flags. I think we’ve got the third longest drought now? And we’re nowhere near winning one. A great mate of mine I’ve met in the last 6-7 years is a Footscray man. Grew up there and moved to Perth in his teens. When he talks about Footscray and what the team means to the people, it makes me feel like a bit of a fraud. Don’t get me wrong I love my team and I’ll support them forever but I don’t have that connection to the club like he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back