Poo Mega Thread I'm changing alias - to Hawk man. Has anyone else ever changed alias?

Remove this Banner Ad

Famous story from the Eagles board is the former poster 88mph who switched to Fremantle after they beat us in the 2018 pre-season.

He was made to regret that decision by the end of that year.

From memory there was a Geelong fan who switched to Carlton just before the 07-11 flags. Can't remember their name but there were infamous on Bay 13
Celtic pride I believe, changed just before the 04 season from memory. I'd hate for Kanga Man to jinx Hawthorn like that........

I’m sure there are St Kilda fans asking if ‘Kanga man’ is available. So once you’re gone….

I changed from Melbourne Stars to Melbourne Renegades after BB2.

Despite the 3 consecutive spoons, it was worth it just to beat them in that Grand Final.

But it's BBL so who really cares.

Just wait and go for Tassie?

Famous story from the Eagles board is the former poster 88mph who switched to Fremantle after they beat us in the 2018 pre-season.

He was made to regret that decision by the end of that year.

From memory there was a Geelong fan who switched to Carlton just before the 07-11 flags. Can't remember their name but there were infamous on Bay 13

Celtic Pride I think it was

You can’t have ever had much emotional investment in your team if you want to just switch. For most people, it doesn’t matter how the team is going, and you feel the pain of losing because you care.

Anyway North just sacked the coach, they will sack a few more after this review is done and get another stack of talent in at the end of the year. So in stocks terms, you’re pretty much selling at the bottom right now.

Well, I've started the cleansing. I burned my North scarf this morning.

Now let me just say, that I do NOT condone arson under most circumstances and I do not want to encourage people to play with literal fire, but I feel this was something I needed to do.

I am sure a few other here could relate to this situation in that if North win a few games, it would be easy just to grab my scarf, put it on, and away we go again.

This fixes that problem. I want to avoid the temptation of going back. I've made my decision and I cant go back. It's over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I've started the cleansing. I burned my North scarf this morning.

Now let me just say, that I do NOT condone arson under most circumstances and I do not want to encourage people to play with literal fire, but I feel this was something I needed to do.

I am sure a few other here could relate to this situation in that if North win a few games, it would be easy just to grab my scarf, put it on, and away we go again.

This fixes that problem. I want to avoid the temptation of going back. I've made my decision and I cant go back. It's over.

It's not over until you microwave your membership

Funny thing is I did change teams on arrival here in 88, but didn’t reallget serious till 93, so15 years of the poorest success in afl, but wrapped up in 6 decades of clearly the best, in 2015 ‘yet another grand final to pay for’

I started watching the 1971 Grand Final last night on Youtube, and I'm going to work my way through all of them up until 2015.

I want to experience the joy, even if it means doing so retrospectively. That way I can experience the last 12 premierships, as as if I was there myself. The bumps, the goals, the joy, all of it. I can cheer on the boys and establish a "memory" of me watching all those Grand Finals. I can't wait. Go Hawks.

In my opinion you get 2 free passes to switch clubs, a close friend or relative gets drafted to a rival club or a new club starts in your city.
I wouldn't change clubs for any of those reasons.
If my kid played for Saints or North Melbourne I'd disown them rather than switch clubs from Dees.

Don't know if this is a pisstake or not and I never condone changing clubs (especially away from one of the least supported clubs) but...

Welcome to the family. Good decision you have made there. Go enjoy the history and prestige of a battling club that turned itself around into a, no THE, modern juggernaut.

Got a current rebuild underway that needs some work but plays an attacking, exciting brand no matter the game situation which means we are still in every game no matter the score but also still a good to chance to lose no matter the score. It's quite the rollercoaster at the moment.

I'm fed up.

Let's face it, we've all probably considered doing this at one time or another with our clubs of support, but I've done the courageous thing and pulled the pin on North. It's been a while coming, but I feel I just had to make that big call.

I feel that Hawthorn - because of the Tasmania connections - has some similarity to North. And the stripes too. I like that.

Has anyone else ever done the same? And for the Hawks fans out there, do you have any advice? And young players I should be looking out for in terms of their development. I like young Newcombe and I'm hoping we can win a premiership within 5 years. I feel Hawthorn is quite special with all their success - it's a bit like finally being invited to that exclusive party I've missed out on. But now I'm invited and I can associate with people who I've admired from a distance for so long.
If anything this is the complete opposite of courageous but sure. If you can't handle something at its worst, then you don't deserve it at its best.

If anything this is the complete opposite of courageous but sure. If you can't handle something at its worst, then you don't deserve it at its best.

Agree with the sentiment entirely but please don't use that quote to make your point.

That quote has unfortunately been ruined by narcissistic people on social media that roughly translates to "I'm a self-centred bitch to my friends 95% of the time and now I'm throwing an online tantrum cos everyone is sick of my s**t"

I am right behind Kanga man here. You don’t support incompetence, it just has the effect of encouraging it. You can always jump back on board later in the unlikely event the Roos start getting competent.

But why Hawks? Why support a Johnny-come-lately club with no real history who has only been around since 1913? Who didn’t win a final for 40 odd years? Who had a brief 50 year period where they flattered to deceive before re-entering the 900 year slump they were so committed to before being gifted the prime recruiting zone in the late 60’s? I also warn you I have a movement underway to have Hawthorn removed from the AFL due to being the only Victorian club to be elevated to the VFL unjustly, they had not even won a final let alone a flag. West Melbourne had more right to be elevated than the Mayblooms.

You made one shocking choice Kanga man, now you have made another even worse one. Come over to footy hq at The Swinburne. Let’s face it, given Elizabeth Arden Street is not North of Melbourne at all, but North West, and Melbourne is North West of its parent city Richmond, you have actually technically been supporting North West North West Richmond, not North Melbourne. Just drop the North West North West and stick with the Richmond bit, you will be deliriously happy you did. 😁

I'm fed up.

Let's face it, we've all probably considered doing this at one time or another with our clubs of support, but I've done the courageous thing and pulled the pin on North. It's been a while coming, but I feel I just had to make that big call.

I feel that Hawthorn - because of the Tasmania connections - has some similarity to North. And the stripes too. I like that.

Has anyone else ever done the same? And for the Hawks fans out there, do you have any advice? And young players I should be looking out for in terms of their development. I like young Newcombe and I'm hoping we can win a premiership within 5 years. I feel Hawthorn is quite special with all their success - it's a bit like finally being invited to that exclusive party I've missed out on. But now I'm invited and I can associate with people who I've admired from a distance for so long.
You haven't been invited to any party. You're the drunk gatecrasher who ruins it for everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back