Improving Memory

Remove this Banner Ad

hawkaz1

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Having been on holidays from uni for about two months now I am once again faced with the realisation that I've forgotten the majority of the content I learned last semester.

While I'm sure most people encounter this to some degree I find it quite frustrating that I can so easily forget things that I understood well at exam time.

It also extends to life in general; there's always one thing you forget to take camping, or buy at the shops etc.

I'm sure all the obvious things like eating better, getting more sleep and exercising regularly will help to improve memory, but I'm wondering if anyone has any other handy hints.

audio books are a godsend

pretty much all learning material is in audio form now.
chuck that on an iPod, and subconsciously, of you listen to it whilst going to sleep, it will stay at the front of your mind.

general memory, I've found basic word games (such as scrabble) or number games like soduku help the brain function

general memory, I've found basic word games (such as scrabble) or number games like soduku help the brain function

Scientists are recommending stuff like this for old people now to help ward off dementia. Use it or lose it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back