Movie Indiana Jones 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm. It exists?

There were some decent parts, especially the opening. The ending to me felt rushed and a lot of potential was wasted in that last 15 mins. The middle of the film was a bit of a grind. So I guess pacing and structure are my biggest issues.

Thought the de-ageing was pretty good!

Actually, no. PWB's character is the biggest issue for me. They couldn't decide what they wanted her to be at all. Sometimes she's charming, sometimes she's snide, sometimes she's greedy, sometimes she's a great fighter for some reason, sometimes she seems like an awkward goof, sometimes suave. I had no idea what direction they wanted to take her and it didn't work at all. Didn't mind the actress, she wasn't the problem.

Some interesting ideas went nowhere, like Mads' motivation. I think there was potential here but it went nowhere. Like the main goon, seems interesting at first glance, barely has a line for the rest of the film. There were at least two characters that could have been cut and nothing would have been lost, mainly the kid.

It's better than the previous entry, which may not be saying much, but at least I didn't actively dislike this one. Just...kind of nothinged it? Which ultimately may be worse.

Apart from the amazing opening Raiders I find is mostly a bit meh tbh.
I rewatched Raiders about a month back and must say I thought it had aged really well. Only the CGI at the end had dated very badly but not surprisingly

Critics still panning this movie.
Director reacting on Twitter is very boring and somewhat embarrassing.
When you try to justify your decisions you're in trouble.
What a joke of a movie.

Saw it last night. Didnt mind it. Cannot comment on the last one as fell asleep during it (which might say more about it than me reviewing it). Had a few little plot holes, but could overlook. As others have said, dragged a bit in the middle, but I think tied up the character of Indy well.

Critics still panning this movie.
Director reacting on Twitter is very boring and somewhat embarrassing.
When you try to justify your decisions you're in trouble.
What a joke of a movie.
Most reviews I have seen have been rather complimentary of it

Top 10 critics have panned it.
But we all have opinions
fair enough

Maybe I haven't read enough reviews

IMDB & Rotten tomaotes have a decent enough review on it too.

But tbf I don't think anyone would expect an absolute masterpiece from Indy 5, would they? Would just expect a good, fun wrap up to the franchise

But tbf I don't think anyone would expect an absolute masterpiece from Indy 5, would they? Would just expect a good, fun wrap up to the franchise
Which is why they should have left it alone after The Last Crusade. He literally rides off into the sunset!

Which is why they should have left it alone after The Last Crusade. He literally rides off into the sunset!
I do agree, The last crusade was the best one imo

Back in the mid 90's there was a point & click adventure game Indiana Jones & the fate of Atlantis. That story line was much better than the forth one and should have been made into a movie imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havent seen it yet but this might end up as big a flop as the flash considering its cost more to make and has really struggled outside the U.S. M.I out this week in the states follwed by Barbie/Oppenheimer the week after, they really should have picked a better release window for such an expensive film

Not groundbreaking but had fun time at the cinema watching it with my Nan who reckons her Dad was a doppelganger for Harrison Ford.

Too many chase scenes, but the last 30 minutes had that feel of crossing over into fantasy I got from Last Crusade and Raiders. Opening was good as well but can't overlook how weird it was seeing young Ford speaking with an 80 year olds voice.

Impressive they found a kid as s**t at acting as short round.

There were bits I thought were great, concepts I wish they have dived into a bit deeper.

I did love them arriving in the wrong era - opened the door to a potential 88mph back to the future scenario where Indy teams up with Archimedes to refine fuel for the aeroplane so they can get home when the sundial reaches midnight after the Enchantment Under the Sea Orgy. All while trying to avoid disrupting the space time continuum.

But overall, I wouldn't watch it again. About an hour too long, most of that unnecessary chase scenes. Some of the violence felt very un-Indiana Jones as well, it wasn't comical spike-through-the-head style death, but cold blooded spy movie style death
Of innocents too

And that weird auction scene... that seemed a bit slap dash

Last edited:
side note: do spoiler tags not work like they used to? (i added some spoiler discussion to my post but can't see it anywhere 🤷‍♂️

I haven't seen it yet but I saw one of the trailers has him beating up on Nazis again. All the best Indy movies have him beating up on Nazis. Raiders, Last Crusade and now this. The cowds he beats up on in Temple (Indian cultists) and Skull (Soviets Union troops) made for middling entries at best in my opinion.

Indiana is antifa! :thumbsu:

Finally got around to watching this last night.

LOVED it!
Haters can get stuffed. Felt like a proper Indy movie.

But I also loved the Flash. Didn't have as many issues with the Star Wars sequels as some did and also enjoyed Crystal Skull. Not saying any of those movies weren't without fault, but I don't understand why people were expecting flawless masterpieces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back