Inner North

Remove this Banner Ad

Once Tassie has its own team, the Tassie income stream and memberships will disappear like snow before the sun, which will force the club to find new income streams to replace that money. For a relatively small club, that won't be easy.
Sure it won't be easy, but did the club make an effort to explore Victorian options beforehand? Did we genuinely have a crack at developing a deeper connection to the regional areas (as an example) before tackling Tassie?

What about it's Melbourne members that pay thousands and have continually been let down by options that are less than ideal to sugar coat the current situation. We were ok with the club going to Tassie as long as it didn't vastly impact the Melbourne members (which it has). If there were still 2 games at Tassie then I guarantee you there would be more Melbourne members.

There's so much potential in Victoria we've still ignored for far too long. A few areas in the northern suburbs will surpass what Tassie is giving us. Why make the jump elsewhere? What message are you sending to people that wanna put the money in but feel like they are being given a package that isn't sufficient?

If anything, being honest, they shouldn't find it difficult at all if they try hard enough in Victoria.

I have no idea what you mean by "I'm smelling a rat, and I'm not just talking about Fred in his cage."
The tough decision not to pursue easy money through the pokies was made and maintained when we had financial difficulties and money/income will always be an issue for the club. The AFL targeted North for relocation because of those difficulties. North has improved its financial stewardship, but the primary reason for the current improved financial position is the Tassie money stream and government grants which have enabled North to develop its state of the art Arden Street facilities. Once Tassie has its own team, the Tassie income stream and memberships will disappear like snow before the sun, which will force the club to find new income streams to replace that money. For a relatively small club, that won't be easy.
You're selling North a bit short, and it was a figure of speech.

Surely this gets a rerun with 10 episodes as consolation for what we were put through last year.

Last edited:
Surely this gets a rerun with 10 episodes as consulation for what we were put through last year.
I like what the Bulldogs are doing with their development series.

I think we've missed a trick if we aren't filming something with this theme. We're the youngest side in the competition with a whole new development coaching group. All the content is just there waiting to be recorded.

I think we've missed a trick if we aren't filming something with this theme. We're the youngest side in the competition with a whole new development coaching group. All the content is just there waiting to be recorded.

Absolutely this

Looking back at the Barassi videos you see someone in their prime but not in 1974-75

We kind of did it with the 93-95 AFL Videos the interviews with Carey and Pagan

The closest we got was The Coach but again that was 77

So absolutely; in this day and age with cameras in every one’s hands we should be filming everything we can on this rise for future prosperity

dont have the funds for it.
My understanding our media team are basically part timers

Surely this gets a rerun with 10 episodes as consolation for what we were put through last year.
The media team over the preseason has been pretty poor so I don’t expect much tbh

Hoping they lift after the break and give us more inner sanctum content and hopefully bring back a players hosted weekly podcast (eg fish griff and bull)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back