Podcast Inside The Kennel: New Player Interviews!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sexton and Hargraves... name a more talented but unfulfilled duo!

The real highlight though is Jason Watts' hair - not one hair on his head moved in his entire career.
Jason was our leading goal kicker with 23 one year am I right?

Jason was our leading goal kicker with 23 one year am I right?

1996. Ossie missed half the season, Watts became 'the man'!

Amazingly he played 3 of the first 5 in 1997 as well, but he was too mid-sized and slow for defence, and overtaken by too many others in the forward line.
A serviceable player, who at the very least should be proud of his AFL career.

To this day Ozzy is still the longest goalkicker I've ever seen live. He was close to the players' race when he let a torpedo rip and it went through the goals at the Barkley St end.

Forget goals, it's probably the biggest kick I've ever seen live. And I regularly went to games in the Gilbee era.
Ozzy is a league legend - at any team I think he had the respect of everyone.
Looked great and backed it up!

Roughed: "It was a work of art!"

Listen to Jordan Roughead list his TOP THREE MOMENTS from the 2016 Premiership - expect the unexpected in this wonderful trip down memory lane! Click to exactly the 1-hour 19-minute mark!

I'd be keen to listen to a Leon Cameron interview if he is willing to participate. My first Bulldogs jumper sported the #18 as a kid.

Topics of interest:
  • Being drafted at the end of 1989 after the Footscray fightback.
  • Coming through as a highly rated youngster at the Western Oval alongside Chris Grant.
  • Playing under three coaches at the Bulldogs and experiencing some good years without making a Grand Final.
  • The move to Richmond.
  • The famous Libba v Knights clash in 2001. Leon had his engagement party the following day where players from both teams were in attendance. I've heard about this from Luke Darcy - I'd love to hear it from Leon's perspective.
  • Leon playing in a Preliminary Final in 2001. Another PF he'd lose. Similarities / Differences to the three PFs he played in at WB?
  • Being an assistant coach at the Whitten Oval for seven years. Again, he'd experience more Preliminary Final heartache. What was it like to coach under Eade? How bad were things in 2004 under Rohde?
  • Coaching GWS and losing YET ANOTHER PRELIMINARY FINAL to the team he used to play for.
  • Does he consider himself the VFL/AFL's King of losing Preliminary Finals? What is it about that day?
  • Finally winning a PF in 2019 - That dream finals run all the way through to the Grand Final. I'd be keen on hearing from him about Toby Greene missing the 2019 PF.
  • Is he a Bulldogs or a Giants man? If he answers Giants, give him the double bird.
  • What are his plans for the future?

I'd be keen to listen to a Leon Cameron interview if he is willing to participate. My first Bulldogs jumper sported the #18 as a kid.

Topics of interest:
  • Being drafted at the end of 1989 after the Footscray fightback.
  • Coming through as a highly rated youngster at the Western Oval alongside Chris Grant.
  • Playing under three coaches at the Bulldogs and experiencing some good years without making a Grand Final.
  • The move to Richmond.
  • The famous Libba v Knights clash in 2001. Leon had his engagement party the following day where players from both teams were in attendance. I've heard about this from Luke Darcy - I'd love to hear it from Leon's perspective.
  • Leon playing in a Preliminary Final in 2001. Another PF he'd lose. Similarities / Differences to the three PFs he played in at WB?
  • Being an assistant coach at the Whitten Oval for seven years. Again, he'd experience more Preliminary Final heartache. What was it like to coach under Eade? How bad were things in 2004 under Rohde?
  • Coaching GWS and losing YET ANOTHER PRELIMINARY FINAL to the team he used to play for.
  • Does he consider himself the VFL/AFL's King of losing Preliminary Finals? What is it about that day?
  • Finally winning a PF in 2019 - That dream finals run all the way through to the Grand Final. I'd be keen on hearing from him about Toby Greene missing the 2019 PF.
  • Is he a Bulldogs or a Giants man? If he answers Giants, give him the double bird.
  • What are his plans for the future?
Leon is on our radar - he will be a great guest and these prompts are wonderful. Thank you, PM me with your actual name and I'd be happy to add you to our credits when we have Baker on.

Matty

Not specifically about an interview, but Inside The Kennel if you chat to John Schultz, might be worth asking him about this day 50 years ago, when the recently retired champ was one of several players chosen to sit with the Royal family at Waverley and explain the intricacies of Tigers and Lions battling for onfield ascendancy.

John scored pride of place between Lizzie and Phil the Greek:

FB_IMG_1712294876543.jpg FB_IMG_1712294916934.jpg FB_IMG_1712294923032.jpg FB_IMG_1712294930532.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not specifically about an interview, but Inside The Kennel if you chat to John Schultz, might be worth asking him about this day 50 years ago, when the recently retired champ was one of several players chosen to sit with the Royal family at Waverley and explain the intricacies of Tigers and Lions battling for onfield ascendancy.

John scored pride of place between Lizzie and Phil the Greek:

View attachment 1950562View attachment 1950563View attachment 1950564View attachment 1950566

MCG, first ever Sunday VFL match

You're right, I knew that, for some reason I was thinking of the first Waverley game, also in 1970, in round 3 and also featuring Fitzroy.

We have a LOT of matches to try to remember 🤪
Second half was televised live as well.

You're right, I knew that, for some reason I was thinking of the first Waverley game, also in 1970, in round 3 and also featuring Fitzroy.

Hi JG!

Yes, I interviewed Gentleman John and we discuss this in length! If you go to the channel, there is a huge range of player interviews. Here is John's...Enjoy! -

EPIC and EMOTIONAL!

Premiership hero Zaine Cordy's uncle - Neil Cordy - takes us on this incredible journey in our new episode!​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back