Interesting Thread on Pies injury woes

Remove this Banner Ad

aflfan1990

Draftee
Feb 12, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

Fans of other clubs what are your thoughts? Are sports scientists at clubs giving out unfounded advice based on a method of statistics that the AIS has banned?

I posted this on the Health, training and Nutrition board a couple of weeks ago, mainly about hamstrings although applicable to injury management. The Lions have had an amazingly good run with injury over the last couple of years and this pre season only 2-3 players have been spasmodically in and out of full training... no off season operations.

Fantastic chat with Lions Head of Performance Selwyn Griffith re accelerated hamstring recovery, Selwyn was saying that the Lions over the last few seasons have a 5% recurrence rate re hamstring injuries as compared to the industry standard of around 18-20%.

https://omny.fm/shows/tswspodcast/selwyn-griffith

I posted this on the Health, training and Nutrition board a couple of weeks ago, mainly about hamstrings although applicable to injury management. The Lions have had an amazingly good run with injury over the last couple of years and this pre season only 2-3 players have been spasmodically in and out of full training... no off season operations.

Fantastic chat with Lions Head of Performance Selwyn Griffith re accelerated hamstring recovery, Selwyn was saying that the Lions over the last few seasons have a 5% recurrence rate re hamstring injuries as compared to the industry standard of around 18-20%.

Really interesting podcast, thanks for sharing.

A good insight into the physical and mental work that goes into rehab. Good to see they are open with sharing this information. Good for the game in general.

Anyone who thinks that the Lions have been lucky with injury should listen to this.

Thank you I have listened to this.

For reference

(No MBI publications)

Multiple MBI publications and pies have injury problems

multiple MBI publications and I wouldn't say GC have a good record with injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back