Intermittent fasting

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else notice they kind of eat smaller meals when they do this? Two meals a day for me basically (breakfast and lunch) and if anything my meals are smaller than what they were, even if it’s a gym day.

Feels like I’m just way more conscious of how much I’m eating, and I really try to avoid that really “full” feeling, which back in the day was what I needed to be satisfied.

Anyone else notice they kind of eat smaller meals when they do this? Two meals a day for me basically (breakfast and lunch) and if anything my meals are smaller than what they were, even if it’s a gym day.

Feels like I’m just way more conscious of how much I’m eating, and I really try to avoid that really “full” feeling, which back in the day was what I needed to be satisfied.
yep, and stomach feels way better after a meal

yep, and stomach feels way better after a meal
I fast about 12 hours every day, that protein shake I have in the morning to break the fast, tastes and feels like a great meal.

I have found fasting really places less stress and strain on my body, by giving the body time to digest the meals I have had during the day.

I also take an extraordinary amount of time to eat a small meal. Im talking 20-30mins.

Believe it or not, drinking water before and after a meal and taking small bites of your food and chewing slowly, enables the body to detect when your full and to eat less.

I also take an extraordinary amount of time to eat a small meal. Im talking 20-30mins.

Believe it or not, drinking water before and after a meal and taking small bites of your food and chewing slowly, enables the body to detect when your full and to eat less.

I also usually smash a bowl of broccoli before dinner, it's hard to get down at first but fills you up a bit before you eat the fun stuff.

I eat like Garfield with lasagne.

I also usually smash a bowl of broccoli before dinner, it's hard to get down at first but fills you up a bit before you eat the fun stuff.
Its actually a really smart way of controlling how much you eat for dinner, given broccoli doesn't count.

I tend to do this after dinner if Im still full, I have a few small frozen veg microwave packets that I keep on standby.

Apparently though, there is even a "correct" way to eat your dinner. ie. Eat protein first because it is more satiating.

I lost nearly 10kg not eating from 7pm to 11am the next day and cutting back on basically all bad food. Didn't feel great to be honest doing this. Now I run most days, walk on the other days and aim to burn minimum 3300kj a day from exercising. And I eat normally again. Weight has kept off and I'm trimmer, lighter and fitter than I ever have been at 41 years old.

I think when it comes to dieting you have to ask yourself - is this sustainable long term? Is skipping a meal, drinking a manshake instead of actual food, having a bowl of broccoli, deliberately inducing ketosis - is it sustainable for years? If not you'll just resort back to your former self.

Last edited:
I've been fasting and for quite a while didn't even really realise it. Really though 12 hours of not eating is barely a fast when you consider sleeping and all that bullshit. It is to a degree I guess, obviously some fast for way longer. I sleep good, I'm never hungry if I am I eat simple. Sometimes at night if I'm watching footy if I need a tiny bit of food here and there I have it. Whatever works best for you.

I go through phases of intermittent fasting. Back on it since the start of the year and I basically have a big lunch at 11am, early dinner around 6 and some snacks to keep me going.

All the bleed out with shitty foods happens for me after 8pm. Chips, ice cream, few extra beers, etc.

It makes me so much more of the slippery slope shitty food habits. And that comes with a general feeling of being leaner, faster, stronger, fresher.

I lost nearly 10kg not eating from 7pm to 11am the next day and cutting back on basically all bad food. Didn't feel great to be honest doing this. Now I run most days, walk on the other days and aim to burn minimum 3300kj a day from exercising. And I eat normally again. Weight has kept off and I'm trimmer, lighter and fitter than I ever have been at 41 years old.

I think when it comes to dieting you have to ask yourself - is this sustainable long term? Is skipping a meal, drinking a manshake instead of actual food, having a bowl of broccoli, deliberately inducing ketosis - is it sustainable for years? If not you'll just resort back to your former self.
I'm adding more broccoli salads to my menu! I also eat a lot of apples! And of course a large number of physical workouts: gym, cycling and running! This is perfect for helping me lose weight!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back